Ambush

He's taken the bait - RUN! That Cyclops is going to have a really bad headache very soon

Created for the Brick Fanatics Series 9 Diorama contest. It is a perfect 16 stud cube. This is also my first ever completed MOC, and my first attempt at SNOT building. The limitations set were that it had to be 16x16, no taller than 16 bricks, and must feature a series 9 CMF.

There is a picture at another angle in my Flickr stream

8444794210_0123fb7c2d_c.jpg

Let me know what you think.

Cheers guys. I wanted to show some scale between the monster and the "heroes". I was partially inspired by the old Sinbad movie.

That looks great! Good luck in the contest.

I do like the scale since traditionally cyclops are much bigger than a standard human, so this works really well. I haven't seen the other builds, but I'd say this would have my vote if I were voting!

Great rock formation too.

Totally in love with this MOC! The Cyclops fits better amongst microfigures than normal minifigs, and looks much more scary here than when it's man- sized. I also see you have quite a sizeable collection of that microfig!

Cheers everyone, I appreciate the support. @DrLegoStar, you are probably right, but they don't know that yet, thus was their best plan. ;-)

@flobnomdob. Yes, in my hunt for good value baseplates, I acquired quite a number of Minotaurus and Ramses Revenge microfigs.

Edited by TyoSolo

Cheers everyone, I appreciate the support. @DrLegoStar, you are probably right, but they don't know that yet, thus was their best plan. ;-)

You know what they say about the best laid plans of mice and microfigs.