Sign in to follow this  
pedro

Future of SW Contest: Escape from Nar Shaddaa

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

crawl.jpg

The escape from Nar Shaddaa begins!

escape_01.jpg

escape_03.jpg

escape_04.jpg

The back of the diorama and the Valkyrie...

escape_02.jpg

From a captured speeder, Jacen Solo launches himself at the Imperial forces wielding lightsaber and The Force pushing stromtroopers into the polluted clouds below.

escape_05.jpg

He doesn't know what's going to hit him!

escape_06.jpg

With Luke in tow the Valkyire powers into the sky.

escape_07.jpg

THE PLAYERS

Jacen Solo ambushes an unwary stormtrooper.

jacen.jpg

Deflecting blaster-fire, Jaina Solo secures Luke's tether to the Valkyrie.

jaina.jpg

Luke Skywalker, older, but ever as strong with The Force.

luke.jpg

The deadly Boba Fett makes a shocking appearance where the galaxy had once thought him dead!

fett.jpg

Trooper TK-2407 in pursuit of the enemy.

troopers.jpg

Mynocks abound on Nar Shaddaa. The polluted skies have little effect on these vermin of the skies!

mynock.jpg

The Valkyrie's pilot.

pilot.jpg

My entry to the main section of The Future of Star Wars contest sees an older Luke Skywalker escaping the Imperial Remnant with the help of Jacen and Jaina Solo and the New Republic ship Valkyrie. It's been a hard slog getting this finished, dabbling in lots of different contruction techniques and a lot of trial and error over the course of several late nights. I've even been refering to my wife as the 'LEGO Widow' (thank you so much for your patience).

I wanted to encapsualte everything I feel is quintessentially Star Wars:

Spaceships!

Speeder chases!

Adventure!

Daring rescues!

Imperial entanglements!

Wild creatures!

Faces old and new!

I hope I've managed to capture the spirit of Star Wars - and hope you think so too! Thanks for looking and best of luck with the contest everyone.

Tonight, I'm having an early night...

Brickshelf folder and all pictures live

here when moderated.

Edited by pedro

Awesome work :thumbup: :thumbup: I love all of this MOC, the ship, the action and the mynock :wub_drool: :wub_drool: Good luck for the contest :wink:

This MOC is the bomb. The ship is awesome (by far my favorite part of the build) and great action. This is the most exciting entry in my opinion. Everyone seems to think Boba will be back... ugh.

Awesome work :thumbup: :thumbup: I love all of this MOC, the ship, the action and the mynock :wub_drool: :wub_drool: Good luck for the contest :wink:

The myock was a last minute addition to the scene actually. I thought it'd be cool to have some kind of beastie soaring through the clouds and a mynock seemed the best choice. I'd always contemplated building one before - was a fun little diversion.

Amazing MOC! :thumbup::classic:

Anakin is not there?

Maybe Anakin is onboard the Valkyrie manning the guns? ;)

This MOC is the bomb. The ship is awesome (by far my favorite part of the build) and great action. This is the most exciting entry in my opinion. Everyone seems to think Boba will be back... ugh.

Whoever thought Darth Maul would be back... yet return he did! It's fun to speculate on the return of the original bad-boy bounty hunter and all round fan favourite. I'd considered giving him an iron hook for a hand as a result of being partially digested by the Sarlaac!

Great looking entry, this build embodies the essence of SW, a lot of action between the ever-struggle fight between good and evil.

The execution is clean and polished and really like the way you have hung the various ships and mynock to create a very dynamic looking scene, awesome stuff! :tongue::thumbup:

I will repeat that this is quite AWESOME! I love how you've shown action by having the various vehicles/characters tilted and positioned just so. Love that ship, too. Good luck!

Just a question: do you own LEGO: The Hobbit: Attack of the Wargs? Because I think the Valkyrie's pilot has Thorin Oakenshield's face...

Thanks for the kind comments!

I guess everyone with Boba in there Future of Stars MOC is right, Boba is going to be back (click here). Though, not exactly a part of the new trilogy... so maybe pseudo-right.

Be interesting to see how they explain his escape from the Sarlacc... if they're continuing his story from the OT.

Just a question: do you own LEGO: The Hobbit: Attack of the Wargs? Because I think the Valkyrie's pilot has Thorin Oakenshield's face...

It's adtually Asoka's head from the Prince of Persia theme. Nice beards face - works well for a Jedi too. ;)