Sign in to follow this  
Zed_43

MOC: Old furniture store - 10197 One set MOC/MOD

Hello everybody,

I would like to share with you all my new MOC which is based only on parts of the famous 10197 fire brigade set . This challenge was inpired by Mr_No superb MOC who made a MOC using only parts from the tower bridge set. Link here: http://www.brickpirate.net/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=11311

Taking a set to make a different one is a good challenge because we are limited with parts and we are sometimes in the obligation to do as we can.

In my case, you will certainly reconize the orignial set because i kept some remarkable elements and modify slightly some of them such as the roof, the first floor façade, les kitchen furniture...). I would like to change this, but limited in parts and the excellent look of origin made me keep them.

I choose to make a ground floor with a store. The content of this store was decided after the parts in the original set: an old buffet. I mixed it with other parts and build some other ones with the lefted parts after building the housse. So it became an old furniture store / an antiquary store.

Now, the photos...:

The façade with its balcony all along the front wall: I was inspired by buildings in Bordeaux (France) where I live and added my personal touch and using the only bricks (and thus colors) I had:

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

The back of the building: we can found a little shed to repair furnitures, a trashbin with unsalable old things and the dog with its kennel:

04.jpg

05.jpg

The roof: I kept the original roof and removed the bell part which had no longer reason to be here on this housse. I replaced here the ping-pong table and build a deck chair with the lefted parts (it is the last element I built):

06.jpg

Inside the first floor: the appartement. I kept here the kitchen furniture: the cooker, refrigirator, sofa, tap. I created a big TV for the resident and placed a table with a chair (where could he eat without a table?). And for the bed, we could imagine it is a convertible sofa :-)

07.jpg

08.jpg

And finally, the old furniture store:

09.jpg

10.jpg

I now the first floor and roof still look like the original set. I am planning to try some modifications when I'll have some free time. But this will be quite hard with the parts I have...

I'm lookin forward to reading your remarks and suggestions.

Edited by Zed_43

Nice mod'ing there 'Zed_43', needs a little more furniture down stairs I would say.....but a good start.

Brick On ! :classic:

It's always a challenge when you restrict a build to parts only available in the original, but you've done a great job there Zed_43.

Thanks for sharing it with us!

Really nice work :thumbup: :thumbup: I really like how you remake the Fire Brigade :wink:

Great MOD - I really like the apartment interior and the exterior details... though I get the feeling he might loose a lot of ping pong balls playing up on the roof!!!

I get the feeling he might loose a lot of ping pong balls playing up on the roof!!!

Lol!! Yes, he might loose some balls, especially playing alone^^ (One day, I saw a MOC, a building with a tennis court on the roof: better way to loose balls!

Thank you all for your comments.

Great job! I love the idea of alternate builds with the pieces used only in one set. And I think you did a great job at it here. I have the set disassembled currently for another MOC I did, but I didn't realize it had that many windows. Learn something new every day.

Keep up the great work!

Thanks a lot LegoDr! I really enjoyed MOCing with the parts of this set! It is really encouraging me that you all like my work!

Great MOD :classic: ! I too like the idea of using only parts from one set. Both the exterior and interior of this building look good and have good detail. :thumbup:

I made a 16-wide a while ago and it was hard to use the pieces from the set only. Yours was probably even harder. Moding a set from a limited selection of pieces and making alternative models to an original set is a challenge by itself, and you did a great job with this mod.

And a bit off topic: seeing Tower Bridge moded into a beautiful modular building was stunning.

Thanks a lot buddy!

Thank you too redhead! I've looked at your flickr and your 10197 alternative. Find it nice! But I guess you must have a lot of remaining parts!!!