DarthNick

MSFC: Pokémon - Sky-Fi Stadium

High above the clouds, mysterious floating rocks were discovered by a trainer taking his dragon Pokémon to never before seen heights. With this amazing new discovery, came an incredible new place for Pokémon battling; at the Sky-Fi Stadium! It was built shortly after the discovery of the floating rocks. Sky-Fi Stadium features seating for over 100,000, advanced training platforms, watch towers, and everything else you could possibly need for an exciting battle!

8434840140_cd15dd6d02_c.jpg

8434838904_f9f2392b3d_c.jpg

8434837140_2c615043b4_c.jpg

Check out the set here for a few extra shots.

Thanks for hosting this incredible contest EB! (and of course, Si-MOCs) It was an absolute blast to build, and has brought out some spectacular builds. Above all, it shows why Sci-Fi is the best!

PS. I built the Pokémon before the stadium, and that's why they are out of scale. I also doubt I would've been able to make 'em recognizable had I tried to make them smaller.

Edited by DarthNick

This is awesome!!!! :laugh:

A lot of excellent details! :sweet:

Thanks! Glad you're enjoying all the little details!

The Pokemon are a little too big, but they look amazing! But my favorite part is the underside of this stadium, briliant work!

Agreed on the Pokemon, but I'm glad you like them. And thanks, though that probably took me less time than any other part of the build. :wink:

And the winner is...

DarthNick by a MILE!

I don't really know pokeymon. but this is adorable!

The detailing in the stadium is great, but it's the fighting ring that wins me over. The creation of the ball is utterly awesome!

Great job! :thumbup:

And the winner is...

DarthNick by a MILE!

I can only hope? :grin:

Great work!

Thanks! :classic:

It is very detailed as it is beautiful.

Thanks so much! I always do my best to squeeze in as many detail as possible!

Great work with the cheese slopes. :thumbup:

Thanks! It was a nightmare, but I have to thank eilonwy77 for her awesome work with cheese slopes!

Very very nice! The Pokemon are Blastoise and Torterra right?

Thank you! And yes indeed!

I don't really know pokeymon. but this is adorable!

The detailing in the stadium is great, but it's the fighting ring that wins me over. The creation of the ball is utterly awesome!

Great job! :thumbup:

Thanks! And it's Pokémon, not pokeymon. :wink:

Fantastic work, very cool design.

Glad you like it! :sweet:

Edited by DarthNick

Pokemon was a big part of my childhood, and I feel this captures the essence perfectly. Even if something like this doesn't exist in the Pokemon universe, for some reason it seems to fit right in, and I instantly recognize the Pokemon despite the size. Great work!

Pokemon was a big part of my childhood, and I feel this captures the essence perfectly. Even if something like this doesn't exist in the Pokemon universe, for some reason it seems to fit right in, and I instantly recognize the Pokemon despite the size. Great work!

Thank you so much! Pokemon was a huge part of my childhood as well, and has recently resurged into my life (I finally learned how to battle with all my cards!) I too pictured it fitting really well in the Pokemon universe. And who knows, maybe someday they'll run out of new regions (aka continents) and discover a new region above the clouds?

Edited by DarthNick