Lasse D

New parts in 2013

I just stumbled upon the following two brand new parts:

14719.jpg?115397.jpg?1

Tile 2x2 Corner at Bricklink

Plate 3x3 Cross at Bricklink

Here's my question: Does anyone know in which sets these exciting new parts appear? I'd really like to know. Thanks in advance for the response.

Edited by TAFOL

*oh2* I've always wanted that + shaped piece! A topic like this has already appeared though, for things like 1x16 thin liftarms and very odd, nonexistent parts. Unfortunately, these are fakes, both of them were added to the catalog by the same user... :wall:

Although this already exists, but I doubt it's possible to ever get your hands onto it: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=bb185&in=G

Unfortunately, these are fakes, both of them were added to the catalog by the same user... :wall:

How do you know these parts are fake? Just because the same person added them to the Bricklink-database, that doesn't mean that it's fake.

And the studs of the 3x3 cross-plate clearly show the LEGO logo. Another reason why I believe these parts are real.

Edited by TAFOL

Unfortunately, these are fakes, both of them were added to the catalog by the same user... :wall:

How do you know these parts are fake? Just because the same person added them to the Bricklink-database, that doesn't mean that it's fake.

And the studs of the 3x3 cross-plate clearly show the LEGO logo. Another reason why I believe these parts are real.

Yeah, how do you know that? The feedback on the submitter seems pretty solid!

The 3 x 3 "cross" plate is clearly visible in the high-res pictures of 41039 Sunshine Ranch and I bet the white corner tile is used on the corners of the barn.

Thanks for the info. I'm always looking for never-before-seen parts, so when I first saw these new parts, I got really excited.

Now that I know in which set I can get them, I'm now anxiously awaiting the moment they become available on Bricklink. The countdown has begun... :wink:

Oops, really sorry about that. :facepalm: But the same thing happened with some parts on the Technic forum and the images looked a bit suspicious, and they all got removed. Well, now I'm certainly looking forward to that 3x3 cross plate! :thumbup: I guess I didn't bother to check the user...

I checked when the OP first asked the question (2 days ago), and back then only the two parts were listed in BrickLink, not the friends set, and definitely not the inventory. Now, with the set pic uploaded, there is more 'credibility' that those are indeed new parts.

Wow, those pieces look amazing! They're some I've wanted for a while, they're gonna be useful if they come in other sets.

-Sci

I'm actually in shock. No joke I was just about to post a question to builders on what solutions they came up with when designing house models with '33' slopes and not having an existing piece for the "inside" corners (aka double concave) like we've had for years with the 45 slope bricks. I went on to bricklink to find a picture of the existing 45 slope double concave when I found this...........

99301.jpg

Holy crap!! I had no idea before now that TLG FINALLY(!!!) read my mind and created this piece.

http://www.bricklink...tem.asp?P=99301

It's about bloody time.

The next question though is how long until this part makes it into the more mainstream colors for roof tiles -- basically, your basic red, black, etc. I could really really use this piece in black. I hope it doesn't take too long for them to expand the availablity of this part.

But in the meantime, back to the intent of what my original question was going to be, for those of you that did some houses/buidlings with 33 slopes in red, black, blue or other color how did you handle inside corners?

Thanks!

I'm just trying to solve the lack of black double concaves by buying dark reds and addying black stickers on them. But we are stilll missing double inverted in 33 (like part 3049 in 45) or triple (like part 3048 in 45)...

Yes this was a nice surprise, wasn't it??

From what Adam Reed Tucker, the designer of the Robie House Architectural Set mentioned, the mold for this part was already in existence when he mentioned he needed this part. Now only available in 3 colors (dark red, sand green and white), hopefully it will come out in other colors pretty quickly.

My big beef with LEGO in the last 30 years (yes, I've been collecting long before then)... is that there is no "LEGO System" to parts like there were in the earlier decades. By "System" I mean that you have all the necessary parts available (and all in specific colors) to build an entire structure with related elements. This could be sloped bricks (33, 45 or 78 degrees)... log bricks, masonry bricks, and above all a window system that doesn't include the back of headlight bricks!! :sceptic:

I agree with the need also for 33 degree slopes for the gable connector and hip roof peak. But for right now, a series of 1x2 and 2x2 tiles in the color needed will work fine until they finally produce those parts. Another part that would be nice is this double concave in a 78 degree 2x2x2 size... for making mansard roofs.

But of greater help is producing the new parts in more colors... and ones that have related parts in other sizes in that color. Few things are more frustrating to a LEGO builder that finding that the color you choose for a roof (or other parts of a structure)... and they may have the double concave and double convex... but not the regular slopes in those colors!! It's nice that in Sand Green the 33 degree slopes are available at sort of decent prices in the double convex and double concave sizes... only to find out they cost $1-$1.50 each in 2x3 and 3x4 regular slope sizes!! :angry:

Edited by LEGO Historian