Cara

Winter Village: The Winter Village Station

I've long wanted an official Winter Village station for my train. This year I stopped waiting and built one myself.

8430222099_29bfdb2857_c.jpg

This cozy little station is the perfect gateway to your Winter Village experience.

8430222817_e9a4cca228_c.jpg

I like building that are easy to play in, so the roof opens for better access and the ramp slides to whichever position you want to use it in.

It looks like some people are waiting for the next horse and buggy to arrive, to ferry them into town.

8430397949_f6f2513d34_c.jpg

8430222301_cce99d2404_c.jpg

Grab the hook off the wall and open up the ladder to access the clock tower for maintainence. See a closeup of the decorated office here.

It can become really cold waiting for that next train to arrive. So spend some time relaxing in the witing room. Want to know some things to do while you're at the Winter Village? Pick up a pamphlet from the rack and see the nearby attractions.

8431305650_4e6896dbf0_c.jpg

More pictures available on my Flickr Album

Edited by Cara

Lovely work! I really like the waiting room with the unusual benches and pamphlet stand. Great use of the clockwork robot winder key in the clock, nice touch. :thumbup:

Very nice. Lots of little details, and I really like he color combination.

Good luck

Andy D

This is a great entry! Great colour combination and lots of details to explore, like the percolator and the hook for the ladder.

nice station, i love how you manage the clock and the stairs to reach it. Even the external roof is terrific.

good luck!

Looks great, the color scheme is nice and I like the use of those special white arches :thumbup:

Superb interiors as well, especially the folding ladder and seats in the waiting room :classic:

Very nice entry as well. What a great competition.

I like how you used the hovercraft Technic part for the bench! Very realistic.

For some reason, train station is one of the 'musts' when I think of a winter village. Your design is nice and simple just as it should be. And there's lots of great details that give character to the building. The clock tower (and its mechanism on the back side) is my favourite. Also, the bench in the waiting lobby is an interesting design, and news stand is a nice addition. You did a great job with this MOC! Good luck in the contest! :thumbup:

Great entry! I love the idea of a train station for this village and yours is very fitting. I love seeing what people can come up with.

The bench design is great for this purpose. I really like the pamphlet stand also, very fitting. I like the use of those modified arches out front. And this adds some nice play value for the kiddies.

Good luck in the contest. Voting is too tough this year.

Yeah, I'd buy this as a set! :wub:

I already commented on Flickr about the clockwork & lifting roof being nice -- there are so many lovely details, such as all the arches.

Best of luck!

Very well done! I like the clocktower feature, great little detail you've added! I also really like your waiting area, as many others have pointed out. The horse drawn-carriage is a nice touch as well. Wonderful station, Cara!

One or two winter village stations seem to turn up every year, and this one is one of the best I've seen. I really like the way you've used those ornamented arch pieces, and the clockwork is another inspired detail. A great entry - good luck!