Commander Turtle

Winter Village: The Brick Arms

My winter village pub!

0n8WvxX.jpg

Do you remember how terrifying it was being pulled about on a sled by a motorbike? I do...

I always see great entries, and think, "I don't have enough bricks for that." My collection at university is only about 4000 bricks, but I figured it was about time to just dive in. So what if I don't have so many options, it means I have to use what I have better!

dQviC7h.jpg

I'm chuffed with how the lorry came out. It easily seats a minifig, and with a simple parts change (for a couple of pieces I don't have) it'd fit 2 side-by-side!

And there's the delivery lady hefting a package from Santa.

DNYcjMb.jpg

This is an exceptionally well-armed pub. The chimney is a cannon, and the mistletoe is actually missile-toe - mounted on flick fires! It's a pub worthy of calling itself the Brick Arms!

iMbkWfo.jpg

For my accessory, I wanted to do a feed the homeless type thing. That's what Christmas means to me :)

I'll try get some indoors shots up on my Flickr soon. I didn't have access to the camera for long, I'll keep you posted!

Roughly 900-1000 pieces. 5 minifigs + 2 more inside who you haven't seen yet!

Edited by helloearthling

with few pieces you've done a very nice entry. want to see more pics of the interior!

I agree! You've done a great job with the pieces you had on hand. But, the Winter Village is as much about interior as exterior, so I would also like to see some interior pictures.

The style of the building is great, I really like the colors and the soup kitchen is very nice.

Lots of very clever parts usage, I partictukarly like the entry lamps!

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

Not bad structure.....Tudor style, but I really like the SNOT front end semi-trailer......clever designing there 'helloearthling'....good luck and Brick On in the snow ! :classic:

Interesting build. It can be good and bad to limit the pieces used. In your case it isn't intentional and you did a good job with what you had to work with. It typically brings about better building. Obviously I want to see some interior shots, but from the exterior it should fit in pretty well with the rest of the line. The only thing I don't like is around the front door. It appears to have rather large gaps. Just another arch could be put there (if you have one) to help fill it in. Otherwise it looks good. And good idea with the soup kitchen. I think people forget about giving sometimes.

Another great Winter Village MOC! This is going to be a tough contest! Nice pub you got there. The truck and the free food "booth" is also great!

Nice creation. I like the truck and the clear iceicles on the roof. Using 2 spears for the sled also gives a tie in to "Brick Arms"

Play Well