vecchiasignoraceppo

Winter Village: the taylor's shop.

Hi everybody,

this is my entry for Expand the Winter Village Contest!

I hope you like it!

In the Winter Village there's a little tailor's shop run by an old granny seamstress and her daughter. The granny is fantastic in knitting and her creations are the specialty of this shop, especially the woolly sweaters and caps. Instead, her daughter loves making clothes with her new sewing machine, and she is very good also in works of mending and repairing.

The grandpa loves staying outside and he warms his hands up roasting chestnuts for his grandchildren: they are always very hungry after running with their dogs all day long!

The children's father has a nice and small van and he uses it both for the shop deliveries, and to transport the heavy sacks of chestnuts!!

34.jpg

11.jpg

15.jpg

03.jpg

02.jpg

more pics: http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/352855

Edited by vecchiasignoraceppo

This is one good entry. The additional minisets fit perfectly to the Winter village. The sled is great, as is the car. The house itself looks really great, the colors fit but still differ from the other sets. I like the size of the fountain and.... gosh, it's everything!

Let me buy this!

This is one good entry. The additional minisets fit perfectly to the Winter village. The sled is great, as is the car. The house itself looks really great, the colors fit but still differ from the other sets. I like the size of the fountain and.... gosh, it's everything!

Let me buy this!

Can't say anything else... Amazing work - thanks for sharing :grin:

Looks very much like an official set, the woman knitting is my favorite detail :thumbup: and truck and dogsled are very well designed :classic:

This is so lovely. It looks very complete on the inside. I really like the old style sewing machine and the knitting grandma is just innovative :)

Very nice! Grand Ma looks pretty young;) but the knitting detail is very clever. The upstairs lamp is also very interesting. Very nice building, and the little details are quite good. The frozen fountain is just genius!

Overall very good.

Andy D

Very nice! Grand Ma looks pretty young;)

Hey, she has wrinkles at her eyes! :wink:

@AndyD I wanted to find an older female face, but I didn' want it in pink, and the yellow ones were all old bearded angry men!! so i took the queen's head from kingdom joust set, and in fact she has some wrinkles :laugh:

the lamp you saw upstairs was meant to be a mannequin :cry_sad:

Excellent entry! I particularly like the microbuilds like the dummy in the upstairs room with the granny, the fountain (Nice use of the frog as the faucet); it looks like an official set! You even incorporated the light brick.

Though my personal favorite piece is the truck. The building is nice and has a nice homey look, but the truck's the icing on the cake. Good luck in the contest!

Great entry! I love the interior with the Grand Ma knitting, the mannequin and the truck, very well designed!!

Good luck in the contest

Really nice work :thumbup: :thumbup: Good luck for the contest :wink:

Neat build. I think the overall shape fits in nicely. The grandma knitting is brilliant, simply because of the pieces used. Great idea using that kilt. The sled looks good. And I love that fountain. The frog piece used is perfect in that scenario. It's amazing how much you can actually use a dark bley frog.

Good luck in the contest!

There have been to many interesting entries lately. Again, this one is one my favourites. I like a simplistic touch of the house, with detailing using brick bricks, and great colour scheme. The fountain is a nice addition, and the dark red car is the centre piece. Also, the interiors has some sweet details, like the knitting lady and the one working on a sewing machine. Good luck in the competition! :thumbup:

The grandmother knitting gave me one of the happy Lego moments... when you see something completely surprising and utterly delightful.

I agree, exactly on the granny knitting!

This is a great entry. I love the shape and colour combination for the main building. The interior and subsets all look great as well, especially the frog fountain. I would like to see a bit more texture / decoration on the building itself, but otherwise I think it fits in perfectly with the Winter Village theme. Well done!

This fits really well with the Winter Village theme. I really like how you used the minifig torsos as shirts/sweaters, and displayed the hats - simple but very effective details. The mannequin is genius, and the grandma is super sweet :wub: . Best of luck!

Many of the entries this year 'break the mold' for how the Winter Village sets normally look, and while that might be a sign of creativity, I really like the ones that stick to the 'regular' setup - and this one fits right in there, it could easily be an official set. The fountain is a particularly nice feature. Well done!