Oky

MSFC: Planet Express

Good news, everyone! I have finally completed my entry for the Micro Sci-Fi Contest! :sweet: I couldn't pass up on participating in this great Sci-Fi month, and what's more sci-fi than Futurama! :laugh: And so, I present to you my microscale recreation of the Planet Express building and ship!

8427372897_ee996f6a38_z.jpg

Planet Express by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

Here you can see the Planet Express ship coming in for a landing, having returned from yet another whacky adventure! Meanwhile, Bender is having a conversation with Calculon in front of the building as a Slurm delivery truck drives by.

8428459846_f681e3d232_z.jpg

I tried incorporating as many details as I could at this small scale, such as the vents in the back, all the pipes on the sides of the building, and the Angry Dome on top of the hangar (the place where the Professor goes when he is angry).

8428454522_f9aa755b59_z.jpg

Click here to see one of the reference images I used. You can see more views in my photostream. Comments and criticisms welcome. I hope you like it, and good luck in the contest everyone!

Oh, and bite my shiny plastic @$$! :grin:

Nice build :grin:

I think you're missing the accusation parlor though.

Great entry! :thumbup:

Thanks everyone! I'm glad you like it, especially since this is the most elaborate micro-build I have done so far!

I think you're missing the accusation parlor though.

Isn't that just a room inside the building? :look:

As a gigantic Futurama fan, I'd have to say the only thing that's missing are some owls roaming the sidewalks. Calculon and the Slurm truck are great details.

Great build! You really captured the building and ship. Pretty cool you accurately recreated the ship with so few pieces. Awesome entry! :thumbup:

What a great - *Jimmy crack corn, and I don't care* - build!

Leela cracked corn and bender is great take that you stupid corn!

Thanks for the kind comments everyone! Loving all your Futurama references! :laugh: