Sign in to follow this  
Scouty

Another Torre de Belem!

Your english is very well! An your Torre De Belum is very good! I like the angled walls!

His English would be very good just like his Torre De Belum is very good............

The newer version looks very nice, but does the angled section attach to the blue baseplate(s)? What happened to that black/dark orange dock near the back?

While the Doctor's is certainly larger, LBaixinho I think yours is just as nice. It is a bit unfair to compare the two as the good Doctor has one of the biggest collections of grey bricks in the AFOL community. The building techniques employed by LBaixinho are simply wonderful, and only against the might of Dr. Carney's imposing fortress does it come off as being less impressive.

An awesome MOC that faithfully captures the spirit of the original. Great work LBaixinho!

Thanks for the words :)

What happen to the black/dark orange dock? Good question... destroyed on a trip :). When i have time i'll make other :)

The angled sides and the front side is attached with jumpers (plate 1 x 2 with on stud) in certain points. This is the reason 'cause this sides are a little upper. I have to buy some blue tiles to fill the gaps :)

I just noticed, when playing Age of Empires 3, (My favorite real time stragetegy game), When in the Portugeuse home city, it's on the shore to the left of the main city.
Really? I never noticed that, which map is it on?
Could Mr. Tiber, who's mentioned he played AOE 3 before, post a screen shot? My AOE3 disc seems to have skedadeled.

I'll see what I can do. ;-)

LBaixinho, are you apart of PLUG? I think I saw that, by your folder, you are.

LBaixinho, are you apart of PLUG? I think I saw that, by your folder, you are.

I left PLUG last year (June), and now i'm helping on create another community (Comunidade 0937). For now we only have a newsgroup and a wiki (http://forum0937.miniancora.com and http://wiki0937.miniancora.com). We will make a meeting next 24th March and Me and Juan Macias are planning a small Pirate layout. I'll talk with Rupi to add his Pirate MOCs too :)

LBaixinho,

I think you did a great job on this MOC! *y*

I like the use of white rather than the tan.

dsc04939.jpg

torre%20de%20belem.jpg

the similarities a stunning X-D

i'd try to get rid of the dark grey BURPs but that's it.

not a big deal though.

Look forward to future MOCs of yours.

P

Look what I found! Yet another version of the Torre de Belem!

towerofbelem06.jpg

This one's not minifig scale, but there are some nice details on it.

Mr Tiber

EDIT: I noticed someone edited the title, but it doesn't really fit with the description does it? The torre de belem IS a fort...

A very nice find! Thanks for posting this!

God Bless,

Nathan