Anyone hoping that Ninjago's Movie will be using A-W-E-S-O-M-E as it's main music? It'd be kind of amusing, all things considered. Also, I think the Overlord's "helmet" is supposed to be part of his head.

As hilarious it would be to stick with the "awesome" theme, Lego shouldn't milk it too much.

The FOLD has been working on this year's songs slowly, but they're there and some of the best of heard from them.

If the movie will have some more music from them, it would definitely be leaning more toward a happier point, but while we're on the subject...

"After the Blackout" was recently released on iTunes. It was featured in the recent character trailers that were on the Ninjago site. It also happens to be my new favorite. :moar:

It was just a joke, but I have to say that I agree with you Penkid, "After The Blackout" is pretty good. Not as good as the older ones, but still quite nice, especially the dulled "ninja, ninja" at about 2:50 through 3:10.

Edited by DraikNova

I only really like the first half of the song... after that, it becomes pretty... hype-y, to me. That's not to say it's bad, just... well, I don't like it :grin:

Just in case anyone was wondering, the full description of that circle thing at the toy fair is "The overlord seeks to steal Lloyd's Golden power, to rule as the prophesized destructor "The Golden Master." I can't upload the picture on my iPod.

I don't think that's a doctor's office... But something isn't right about that scene though. Zane's core isn't fully blue, only around a quarter of it is. And why he'd be just sitting there like that is beyond me as well. Perhaps this is the way PIXAL will come back, or maybe it's inside Jay's parent's new home (the Scrapyard has been "technofied", the Wu video shows it) and is the reason why Evil Wu showed up.

Also, the character videos for all of the main characters are up now. By that I mean anyone who has been, or is a protagonist. PIXAL, Cyrus, Cryptor and the other Nindroids still don't.

Since I only recently signed up for this forum yesterday, I'm going to give my opinion of Ninjago down below.

This has always been my favorite theme. I started collecting it regularly when the Serpentine 2012 sets released. The skeleton sets didn't really do it for me, even thought I did have a few. I love the zany storyline, and the characters. The sets inspired my nickname, Green Ninja, because my personality has always been somewhat like Lloyd. The cartoon series has also got to be one of my favorites shows ever! Great script, nice animation, and the score is awesome. It has definitely left a legacy for LEGO, from set designs, to minifigures, to its extended media that paved the way for Chima and Mixels.

Getting a bit more back on topic, I love this year's sets. I knew the theme wouldn't be gone for good after disappearing in 2013. I received the Nindroid MechDragon, OverBorg Attack, and Hover Hunter for Christmas. I love that we finally get the ninja's hairstyles, and the design of the dragon is really appreciated by me. For summer sets, I definitely will pick up the X-1 Ninja Charger, for Kai and the car. Even though I do very much like Battle for New Ninjago City, I simply don't have the money for it at the time. However, that Overlord minifigure is all kinds of win! Who would like to see a D2C Borg Industries? I know I would!

It's interesting to see after viewing the first two episodes via Youtube where the current series of sets come from.....though with the power grid going down at the end of episode two....sorry spoiler there in a way, the vehicles have been totalled and are useless.

Plus we can see where Wu becomes evil, not of his own doing though.......the writers/thinkers of Ninjago must be Doctor Who and Star Trek fans....quite a few of those shows ideas are in the new reboot series.

In the previous series the vehicles were almost though out the whole series, but after two episodes they are gone......or maybe not ?

It's interesting to see after viewing the first two episodes via Youtube where the current series of sets come from.....though with the power grid going down at the end of episode two....sorry spoiler there in a way, the vehicles have been totalled and are useless.

Plus we can see where Wu becomes evil, not of his own doing though.......the writers/thinkers of Ninjago must be Doctor Who and Star Trek fans....quite a few of those shows ideas are in the new reboot series.

In the previous series the vehicles were almost though out the whole series, but after two episodes they are gone......or maybe not ?

Well, I highly doubt in the first place that the Ninja's vehicle would take power from the same grid as the Nindroids. Cryptor probably would have cut them off from it.

And, with the probability of the X-1 Ninja Charger being a hacked vehicle, we'll probably see them again.

No, they were blasted and hit with missiles......plus the power outage knocked out all electricity.......now there's a question if there is no power how are they going to do what they must do ?

Anyway, that's TV series talk......not set talk.

I question why Lego hasn't released a hovercar in a set ? :wink:

No, they were blasted and hit with missiles......plus the power outage knocked out all electricity.......now there's a question if there is no power how are they going to do what they must do ?

Anyway, that's TV series talk......not set talk.

I question why Lego hasn't released a hovercar in a set ? :wink:

Oh, I didn't know the missile thing. Whoops. :P

On another note, I picked up the Kai Fighter today. Awesome set!

On another note, I picked up the Kai Fighter today. Awesome set!

I have that too and the folding wings are what make the set :wub: ......lets hope it makes another appearance in the new series. :blush:

I've been wondering if the Kai Fighter is worth picking up. Is it too similar to Jay's Storm Fighter in design, or completely unique? I want Kai in his new form, but I might wait until the summer wave for him.

I've been wondering if the Kai Fighter is worth picking up. Is it too similar to Jay's Storm Fighter in design, or completely unique? I want Kai in his new form, but I might wait until the summer wave for him.

Most definatly do! It's such a great set, and although it isn't on the league of the Storm Fighter, it is still great! It actually does feel VERY unique with the engine pieces and flaps on the sides, along with it's sleeker design. I recommend.

Having built it on LDD, it's definitely got a very different build from the Storm Fighter. Personally I prefer the Storm Fighter and will be waiting on the Ninja Charger to get Kai, but really it's a matter of preference.

The Kai Fighter is the only Ninjago Rebooted set that I currently own, and personally, I love it. I never got the Storm Fighter so I can't really compare the two, but on its own merits, the Fighter is pretty great. I'd recommend it.

Does anyone have a review for Overborg Attack? I want to see if its worth the money.

It is definitely one of the more odd sets of the wave. I found the set to be worth it for Overborg alone. The Tank-bike is larger than I was expecting. Lloyd is a nice addition to the set as well.

Does anyone have a review for Overborg Attack? I want to see if its worth the money.

I have a video review...

If you are getting it for the pieces I would not recommend it, however, as it a set it is not to bad.

Personally, I really liked Lloyd's motorcycle, the Over-Borg's machine is decent, though it has some pieces that jut out and look a bit odd.

The minifigs are pretty good, although I am not a fan of Lloyd's new face - it has more or less the same sad/frowning expression as the other ninjas.

Thanks Garmadon and Penkid! :classic:

I have a video review...

Thanks! Your review is pretty good! :wink:

Maybe I will be getting it but I am not so sure, if it happens i the TV show, I am getting it but so far, I might not. :sceptic:

You know what, one of kids asked why there is no constraction Ninjas...

And that's a good question. I think it would sell amazingly well looking that 3-12years kids love Ninjago and Herofactory.

Constraction Ninjas... There is something I am also surprised not to see. Maybe it will be some future thing, the reason for them in Chima is the "chi" after all, maybe some new power would result in giant Ninja?