Well now we know (and are spoiled for that matter) that that minifig is the Overlord! Love the design, and I can't wait to get a hold of him!

The Overlord appears to have a skeleton for armor. And some weird type of leg armor seems to be attached to it, as well. It looks nice, though.

That Overlord figure is amazing :drool: Cant wait to see the final design. It is a shame that Cole is nowhere to be seen. He is the only ninja who hasn't been in a flagship set before.

On another note the Ninjago Rebooted app is out!

Edited by Wall E2624

Well, Overlord does look awesome. That head is obviously a placeholder.. I wonder how it'll look like in the final version. Hopefully nothing goofy like the Skeletons, I'd like something serious. Maybe something similar to the Stone Army.

It's not going to be goofy. If you saw the last season of NINJAGO (which I doubt, no offense) you'd realize he at first looked more freaky than scary, and afterwards just absolutely terrifying.

For the record: Before:

Overlord-possessed-Garmadon-lego-ninjago-33917753-1136-640.jpg

After:

Overlord.PNG

(Could an Admin please resize these?)

I know about both his forms actually, I guess they'll adapt his dragon face to a minifig head print. He might get a new head mold, though.

He also seems to be strangely more elongated than normal minifigs. If this is going to be another four-armed fig, it's just continuing a trend, although it has always been the secondary villain who got the extra limbs so far. However, what I really hope is that he uses longer legs, so as to fit his "possessed Garmadon" form.

That leg printing looks suspiciously uniform, as if it were one piece. Maybe it's a slope? Some sort of robe would be fitting for him I think.

Does anyone know whether the Zane in the Battle for Ninjago City set is the damaged version or the undamaged version? I already have the Ninjacopter and would love for it to be the undamaged version so I wouldn't have to get Destructoid to get that one, but I fear they're more likely to use the damaged version since it's the one that appears in all the promo art for this year's sets...

I'm thinking I'll pass on the Kai Fighter in favor of the X-1 Ninja Charger at this point; the latter just seems cooler and has everything the former offers (Kai, Techno Blade, Nindroids)

Way better pic of the temple -- that Overlord figure looks scary!

-Sci

I love this Overlord minifigure design from an aesthetic standpoint (at least based on what we can see currently), but at the same time I'm still not sure how I feel about his Warm Gold armor. I was liking the clear color-coding we had previously, with gold being used prominently for the ninja costumes, vehicles, and weapons and silver being used for the Nindroid costumes, vehicles, and weapons. Both the Overlord and his walker seem to throw that idea to the wind, which is kind of sad.

Anyway, the temple and walker look great, although I don't like the torii gate as much as the ones from 2011.

Looking closer not only am I convinced that "purple" minifigure is Jay, but I don't even think it's purple! Look closer, at first sight, it looks purple, but now it just looks like the picture has really bad lighting. And is the Overlord wearing a black Dragon knight helmet? It would appear so, and his legs do look oddly symmetrical, but no complains there! Also noticed that the set brings golden weapons (not sure if they're "the" golden weapons, though) and and they're on a rock that revolves like the area where the Necromancer stands in the Dol Gulder Battle (ambush?) set.

That Overlord head is the head, nothing of a placeholder there.

The temple doesn't look that awesome to me. Weird colour choices and design build.

Remember, he Overlord's goal was to use Lloyd's power and/or drain it. Gold isn't a big surprise. Regarding the metallic thing of Bad guys and Good guys, Aanchir is actually false in this case. First of all, Cole and Jay during 2012 and 2013 both used silver, in contrast to Kai and Zane's gold. The sets however, have almost constantly used gold. In fact not even Lloyd in his first two forms had gold on him, but rather a dark metallic gray. Jay still uses silver to this day, Zane has some on all three versions TV appearance included, and Cole's TV version also features silver. In fact none of the bad guys, until this year, have used (and if so, rarely) metallic colors whatsoever. Any and all Nindroids and bad guys this year have featured silver in some way, including PIXAL due to her TV appearance.

I would also like to point out that these are prelimnary, and already we've seen the armor on the tripod switch from gold to black, or vice versa, depending on the date the catalogs were produced.

Color coding doesn't matter. It's a bad guy, kids will recognize it, and the entire concept of color coding was thrown out the window with the Overlord what with Lloyd's powers being used to "resurrect" (a term I use lightly in this scenario for obvious reasons) the Overlord. It's actually color coding genius when you think about it.

So... Does anyone think that the gold Gundabad Orc shoulder pads are a placeholder? Or are they finalized?

How much info will we actually get from The Nuremburg Toy Fair

Also In response to the "what's on his head" question...it looks like a black crown...

Edited by LegendsOfNinjago

Usually a few blurry pictures, maybe a description or two. We'll have to wait for New York before we get quality pictures, however.

Oh well, I've made my discussion in these sets one's great, the other not so much. Also I found it interesting that they have 2 of each of the four ninja over the course of the 8 sets. And 3 Lloyds. Which makes getting the lot pretty easy.

The other characters (i.e. Samurai X, Evil Wu, The Overlord and Sensei Garmadon) only appear in the expensive ones.

Wow! Just wow! That set is awesome! The Overlord looks like he uses a slope for legs. And interesting to note Lloyd now uses silver armor.

Now where's the image for the Ninja Charger? I want to know what that set is about.

Actually, it looks to be the snake tail piece, which is even better! From the full size image, (around 3000x3000 or something) his face looks really creepy. :wub:

-Sci

Can I say that this set looks soo much better "in person" than it does on the box image, even adjusting for the graininess/glare-y-ness of that one.