I like that the sets so far have been priced below $40. The sets them selves , however, dont seem that interesting except for the minifigures.

I like that the sets so far have been priced below $40. The sets them selves , however, dont seem that interesting except for the minifigures.

Same here. Kai's Fighter just looks like Kai decided he liked Jay's Storm Fighter and built one of his own. The Ultra Sonic Raider set (aka Jay's) looks too much like an Ultra Sonic Raider. And lastly, Lloyd's bikes's set looks decent, but the enemy vehicle just looks "meh". I'm loving Lloyd's new look though. :wink:

Is it thus true, my friends, that Ninjago is ineed one of the best LEGO themes ever? Definitely one of my favourite themes ever. The sets look fantastic mostly and have got me totally excited for the new episodes. :)

-Gata signoff.png

Woah, there are new episodes? I assumed these sets are for the new Ninjago movie due next year.

I thought the rumors were for a big purple dragon, not necessarily a ninja? I'd sort of assumed the dragon might belong to General Cryptor as part of the MechDragon set. It sounds awesome, although I also hope there's at least one building-type model in the full wave. If not I'm sure we'll see one soon.

Woah, there are new episodes? I assumed these sets are for the new Ninjago movie due next year.

The movie is not due until 2015. There will be a new season for the show, but there is no official date as of yet.

Anyway, I thought that I would share these with those of you who don't understand why these hair choices were made for the Ninja. These are clips from the TV show.

kaiop.png

coleandzane.png

jayop.png

introoldlloyd.png

Credit goes to the Ninjago Wiki for providing these images.

Edited by Penkid11

KMart has taken down the product pages. OverBorg now leads to the Golden Dragon, Thunder Raider to the Ultra Sonic Raider and Kai Fighter to... a "product removed" page. Well, it's official, these were definitely not meant to be put up yet. Unlikely as it is, perhaps they are still preliminary. Regardless, LEGO has enough time to add leg printing in :laugh:

Now Nijago is more back to the first concept sketch that was shown to kids.

More vehicles and less organics like dragons like the fifth sketch they moved forward with.

I must say I like Ninjago, it has good parts for a MOCer.. the new 2014 line looks like it has more good pieces.

KMart has taken down the product pages. OverBorg now leads to the Golden Dragon, Thunder Raider to the Ultra Sonic Raider and Kai Fighter to... a "product removed" page. Well, it's official, these were definitely not meant to be put up yet. Unlikely as it is, perhaps they are still preliminary. Regardless, LEGO has enough time to add leg printing in :laugh:

Well, we know which retailer in the US will have those three sets for Black Friday sale in November eh ? :wink:

The movie is not due until 2015. There will be a new season for the show, but there is no official date as of yet.

I see, thanks for the info. Do you have a source website for both tidbits of information, though?

[/size]

I see, thanks for the info. Do you have a source website for both tidbits of information, though?

"It has now been confirmed that there will be a Season 3 of Ninjago that will premiere in late 2013 and 2014. The writers Hageman are hard at work, and scoring will begin late summer of this year. Look out for more action, more character twists, and many, many flutes." - Jay Vincent (on his website, http://jayvincentmusic.com/)

Anyway, no website sources on the 2015 thing. But considering it probably hasn't entered production yet, I'd assume it will take a while.

"It has now been confirmed that there will be a Season 3 of Ninjago that will premiere in late 2013 and 2014. The writers Hageman are hard at work, and scoring will begin late summer of this year. Look out for more action, more character twists, and many, many flutes." - Jay Vincent (on his website, http://jayvincentmusic.com/)

Anyway, no website sources on the 2015 thing. But considering it probably hasn't entered production yet, I'd assume it will take a while.

I see, thanks for that! I read somewhere on the Internet that the new season will premier on December this year, but I can't find a reliable source.

I'll be picking up some of those sets, mostly for the figs, and the sets have a few useful parts. I mostly want those facemask/cowl things.

[/size]

We have a thread dedicated to the movie in the Culture and Multimedia forum, that's where I got the info.

Now Nijago is more back to the first concept sketch that was shown to kids.

More vehicles and less organics like dragons like the fifth sketch they moved forward with.

I must say I like Ninjago, it has good parts for a MOCer.. the new 2014 line looks like it has more good pieces.

Lol when I saw the first one it reminded me of Team Fortress 2. :tongue: Awesome images though!

Also, am I the only one who thinks that Kai looks a lot like Strider Hiryu? :grin:

324px-Mvc2-strider-hiryu.jpg

totally agree. :)

Edited by genecyst

The jump ramp seems like kind of a lame play feature if the Green Ninja-cycle doesn't have any sort of motor or rip-cord mechanism. :sceptic: I might try to mod it to use a Speedor chassis, I guess. Loving the half-masks, cyborgs, and hair, don't really care about the leg printing - it was usually pretty minimalistic anyway, typically just a belt or sash or something. I like the Thunder Raider, it's reminiscent of Equila's Ultra Striker, which I love. Hoping to see location playsets.

I've never given Ninjago a second thought, but this line might finally be worth buying. Who doesn't love ninja robots?

My favourite is the OverBorg Attack. It looks very much like something Spy-clops from the Agents line would have driven.

The jump ramp seems like kind of a lame play feature if the Green Ninja-cycle doesn't have any sort of motor or rip-cord mechanism. :sceptic: I might try to mod it to use a Speedor chassis, I guess. Loving the half-masks, cyborgs, and hair, don't really care about the leg printing - it was usually pretty minimalistic anyway, typically just a belt or sash or something. I like the Thunder Raider, it's reminiscent of Equila's Ultra Striker, which I love. Hoping to see location playsets.

Exactly what I was thinking. It also makes no sense, given that you would never see a mini-ramp like that in an actual city, unless it was a speed bump (and even THEN). I honestly think these aren't the final versions. Why they would take high-quality pictures refutes this idea, but why take the high-quality pictures before October anyway? HQ stuff usually comes out in November or December.

All of those minifigures are great! I think I'll be picking up Green Ninja-Cycle and Jays vehicle for sure!

I'm not sure about Kai's plane though...

Exactly what I was thinking. It also makes no sense, given that you would never see a mini-ramp like that in an actual city, unless it was a speed bump (and even THEN). I honestly think these aren't the final versions. Why they would take high-quality pictures refutes this idea, but why take the high-quality pictures before October anyway? HQ stuff usually comes out in November or December.

Given that the next LEGO magazine is probably going to include Ninjago 2014 material, I wouldn't be surprised if these would already be released in December or even earlier.

-Gata signoff.png