In the concept art for the new Zane design, it says something about Pixal messing about inside Zane. It seems as if the robots can stream into each other.

EDIT: It also appears that there will be a new Monastery.

EDIT2: Another tidbit from the Serpentine staff concept art. Apparently the Constrictai were originally going to be called the Constrictaur.

No, I believe that was just concept art for previous Seasons of the show. There's a bunch of "old gold," like that in the other ones.

Sorry for the double-post, but it's the only real way to get things noticed around here :P

So, according to some guy on the Message Boards, not sure if trust-worthy, but the plot makes some sense more or less. It's hard to summarize so I'll just paste the thing.

"

Here's the storyline for 2014. (All the characters and places are canon but the story isn't 100% accurate)

After the attack on Ninjago City by the Overlord and the Stone Army, it's time to do even more cleaning up. However, a business typhoon, named Cyrus Borg, who just rolled into town, has a couple of new ideas for Ninjago City. The five ninjas (actually counting Nya, Wu and Dr. Julien, the brown ninja, and the entire stone army and whoever else was helping) gave Cyrus his inspiration for an entire army of robotic nindroids. After two years of rebuilding Ninjago City, the citizens even gave it a (I guess?) new name: New Ninjago City.

Cyrus redesigned the entire city, and it became almost dependent on technology. Cyrus gave the ninjas a robot he created to help them with their now-easier jobs: A robot named Pixal. She crafted each of them a weapon called a Techo-Blade, and they started training harder. Meanwhile, Cyrus got in a terrible accident and tried to repair his face, and made himself into a cyborg. Unfortunately, the spirit of the Overlord was able to possess Cyrus, and he became... The Overborg!

"The Overborg", turned all the nindroids evil with his remote. Fortunately, Zane and Pixal weren't hooked up, so they weren't turned evil. While the ninjas are eating at a chinese resturaunt, Jay notices something out of the ordinary. The nindroids that were protecting NNC started wreaking havoc!

After they figure out what's wrong, an overwhelming amount of robots kidnap Sensei Wu, and the Overborg turned him evil with experiments. One particular "long-dead" purple snake hears the news, and he's angry that this supposed "Overlord' thinks he's a better overlord then him?! Impossible, and he needs to team up with the ninja to take this guy down.

So, the rest of the team: Lloyd, Kai, Jay, Cole, Zane, Dareth, Sensei Garmadon, Pythor, Pixal, Nya and Dr. Julien must face an bigger enemy then ever before:

Their sensei."

That's the Post in full. I would not be surprised if Pythor did come back, Sensei Wu survived and he and Pythor were both munched on at the same time! :laugh:

Anyway, not sure whether it would be correct or not. Given the nature of "leaks," like these on the MB's this is probably false. But the plot will more or less be like this, I guess. The return of the Overlord was somewhat expected, what with Overborg and the Mechdragon.

Don't have time to read all that, but once I read to the point where you said it was posted on the LEGO Message Boards, I'm going to make a hypothesis that this isn't legit.

Sorry for the double-post, but it's the only real way to get things noticed around here :P

So, according to some guy on the Message Boards, not sure if trust-worthy, but the plot makes some sense more or less. It's hard to summarize so I'll just paste the thing.

"

Here's the storyline for 2014. (All the characters and places are canon but the story isn't 100% accurate)

After the attack on Ninjago City by the Overlord and the Stone Army, it's time to do even more cleaning up. However, a business typhoon, named Cyrus Borg, who just rolled into town, has a couple of new ideas for Ninjago City. The five ninjas (actually counting Nya, Wu and Dr. Julien, the brown ninja, and the entire stone army and whoever else was helping) gave Cyrus his inspiration for an entire army of robotic nindroids. After two years of rebuilding Ninjago City, the citizens even gave it a (I guess?) new name: New Ninjago City.

Cyrus redesigned the entire city, and it became almost dependent on technology. Cyrus gave the ninjas a robot he created to help them with their now-easier jobs: A robot named Pixal. She crafted each of them a weapon called a Techo-Blade, and they started training harder. Meanwhile, Cyrus got in a terrible accident and tried to repair his face, and made himself into a cyborg. Unfortunately, the spirit of the Overlord was able to possess Cyrus, and he became... The Overborg!

"The Overborg", turned all the nindroids evil with his remote. Fortunately, Zane and Pixal weren't hooked up, so they weren't turned evil. While the ninjas are eating at a chinese resturaunt, Jay notices something out of the ordinary. The nindroids that were protecting NNC started wreaking havoc!

After they figure out what's wrong, an overwhelming amount of robots kidnap Sensei Wu, and the Overborg turned him evil with experiments. One particular "long-dead" purple snake hears the news, and he's angry that this supposed "Overlord' thinks he's a better overlord then him?! Impossible, and he needs to team up with the ninja to take this guy down.

So, the rest of the team: Lloyd, Kai, Jay, Cole, Zane, Dareth, Sensei Garmadon, Pythor, Pixal, Nya and Dr. Julien must face an bigger enemy then ever before:

Their sensei."

That's the Post in full. I would not be surprised if Pythor did come back, Sensei Wu survived and he and Pythor were both munched on at the same time! :laugh:

Anyway, not sure whether it would be correct or not. Given the nature of "leaks," like these on the MB's this is probably false. But the plot will more or less be like this, I guess. The return of the Overlord was somewhat expected, what with Overborg and the Mechdragon.

If this info wasn't given from a moderator, it isn't legit. Besides. The show isn't available anywhere, so situations that are more specific such as:

"While the ninjas are eating at a chinese resturaunt, Jay notices something out of the ordinary."

can't be valid. The description overall sounds like nothing the writers would have... well... written. :grin:

Another point I should make is that, even if Pythor is still alive, knowing his motives, he would have joined Cyrus for revenge on the Ninja (speculative thinking based of facts). It is also important to note that the Stone Army was destroyed. There was no sign of them when the Garmatron evaporated.

Just picking apart the "description" for validity.

Shame that the rumor is most likely fake, it actually sounds quite good and I wouldn't mind that being the official story. Especially the Pythor part! :laugh:

I have never really bought any Ninjago. Could someone give me two or three set names that are good starter sets? :classic:

Actually, we have no cue about what happened to Pythor. Nothing was seen of him after the Devourer basically blew up. It was a loose end never tied up, even with the locking up of the Serpentine. And getting revenge on the ninja makes no sense, if he's still alive they saved his life and even he realized what the Devourer would do. There's nothing longstanding that the Ninja have done to him, other than Garmadon basically crushing the Serpentine army. I agree with you all on the thing about the MB's being unreliable, because they are. But every now and again some truth comes through, or the LU file-diving fad never happened. It's close enough to the new season airing, November's the last month of Chima's show, the last episode will air next week and presumably deliver us new info on the plot. But what the guy on the Message Boards said matches what we know, so I'm not sure if it's correct or not. Anyway...

They're doing Jay and Cole next. Speaking of which, Ebay has most of the Nindroids up in case anyone wants to grab 'em. Kai still looks like a dork in his robes :grin: But really only Cole, Jay, Zane and even Garmadon actually have a good set of robes this time, if you go by the Blueprints things from the mini-game.

I have never really bought any Ninjago. Could someone give me two or three set names that are good starter sets? :classic:

Available: Ultra Sonic Raider, Garmatron, Temple of Light.

Including sets no longer available: Lightning Dragon Battle, Ultra Sonic Raider, Garmatron

So, i've heard rumors of set already out at Toys'r'Us...gonna go check today!

Wow, already? I doubt it, but where?

-Sci

Wow, already? I doubt it, but where?

-Sci

I'm out so I can't link it, but the MechDragon has been on Toys"R"Us online since like Friday.

I don't remember you sharing that...

If I have time tonight I might be able to see if I can go to TRU. I won't get it, but I could take pics.

-Sci

I probably didn't, and it has been sold out since Friday. Someone on Brickset Forums was able to order it on Friday. $10 cheaper is a fantastic deal. I may pick it up if I see it in store, considering all these TRU coupons I have.

So this was on the Inside Scoop page of the LEGO Club site:

It’s been a long time since the Overlord was defeated by Lloyd the Golden Ninja. While Lloyd tours Ninjago celebrating his victory, the original four ninja -- Kai, Cole, Jay, and Zane -- have become teachers in Sensei Wu’s Youth Academy. Besides being bored in class all day, Kai and the rest of the ninjas dream of the days when they fought the forces of evil, but in the updated and technologically advanced world of Ninjago, there is no need for ninja any longer. But that changes soon enough … trouble brews in New Ninjago City, famed inventor Cyrus Borg starts acting strange, and our four heroes get new weapons, new gear, and a new evil to fight!

With Nya, Kai’s sister, by their side, the ninja join forces once again to protect the people of Ninjago! Lloyd is back stronger than ever, and the evil Lord Garmadon is now the peaceful Sensei Garmadon! Join the adventure to see new friends and favorite heroes as the world of Ninjago is once again caught in a battle between good and evil!"

(odd space here which I can't fix.)

-Sci

Sounds very cool and more believable than the other one.

So do we know if the 1st of December is the global release date or just for the USA?

Yeah, for Lego.com anyway. This could mean nov. 17th for TRU. I've been a huge collector since I was about 13. Mind you that was only a few years ago, but all that saying that we can expect Lego Ninjago here in the next few weeks, but with TRU "exculsive pricing" ofcourse!

I saw that and felt the same way! Also, I caked my local TRU and try said they had no idea. Little hopeful for a second...I guess the wait continues!

I sure hope not, that'd be a mighty lot of chocolate rain! :tongue:

Toilet jokes aside, I guess the guy from the Messageboards was mostly right. Though I think that maybe leaving Lloyd out would have been a better option than having him return. Lloyd is super-duper powerful, and unless the Nindroids are made from Vengestone (or whatever that stuff is) he'd have a field day. Not that I have anything about Lloyd, he's the most under-used character including Nya out of the ones that go on missions. So many excuses had to be made for why he couldn't go on a mission, and it all revolves around making the plot better. I still do not understand why he (or Zane) couldn't have just frozen the Clock, or the Stone Army so many times. Or the Overlord. Would have saved a lot of time, even if the Warriors could still come back later. :wacko:

Removed

Please don't do that. I don't think I need to explain why.