To be far it looks better on the box art than on it's own, prob a bad angle.

Same thing happened with galaxy squad, love the minifigures, love the human ships, can't stand the alien ones. Glad there is another wave though.

Evil Wu? Sensi Garmadon? What on earth is happening?

Anyway, this wave makes up for the disappointing wave this year (in my opinion). I'm really liking the new futuristic ninja vehicles and the new robot ninja villains. Oh, that dragon is also amazing as well :sweet:

The box art (and alt view) of the Mechdragon do look horrible IMO. Everything looks so static and... stiff. I am reserving my further judgement for when it comes out, I have no reason to hate it just yet. It looks promising, though.

But honestly I'm pretty annoyed at the amount of stickers. Especially on "slopes". Don't mind them on diagonal parts, just don't put them on the slopes and I'm fine. Because they're a pain to work with when they're curved and they don't last as long from my experience.

Looks like there's a black technic-pin neck bracket in the ninjacopter set on the hang glider dude. I'll probably use that to attach Cyrus Borg's arms to his back, instead of the chair.

Loving the Dragon's feet, I hope at least one of the 2014 HF Villains uses them. The Piraka feet have been outdated for years now, new animal feet with visible toes for constraction sets were long overdue.

I can't make out the silver pieces used for the toes, though.

Loving the Dragon's feet, I hope at least one of the 2014 HF Villains uses them. The Piraka feet have been outdated for years now, new animal feet with visible toes for constraction sets were long overdue.

I can't make out the silver pieces used for the toes, though.

Each toe uses three parts: 4070 in Dark Stone Grey, 48729 in Black, and 54200 in Medium Stone Grey. Interestingly, the rear feet have no toes.

EDIT: I just made another random observation... Nya's emblem is printed on the flag on Sensei Garmadon's buggy. That's very curious, and leads me to think maybe she will show up next year after all. Odd though that it appears on a vehicle that (in the sets, at least) she doesn't pilot.

EDIT 2: I also realized that the generic nindroids without headgear also have a different torso print than the generic Nindroids with headgear. Neat! That means there's one more villainous minifigure than I had previously counted.

Edited by Aanchir

Ah so it's three pieces actually, no wonder I was confused. Thanks.

I wonder how the feet would look with different toes, such as these+these, or these. Maybe one of the combinations I mentioned found its way on HF. I'm very excited.

And yes, no rear toes. A clip handle would've been nice. Still, a great piece.

No, Samukai only commissioned Julien to make the Skull bikes and such. I doubt the Devourer's venom still exists, as Garmadon was "purified", of sorts. But that may be just removing the after-effects permanently. And the venom does many things, but it does not transform people. Garmadon became "skeletal" after being shocked by lightning and banished.

Anyway, yes, the apartment will probably be affordable. And I'd say a lot of time has passed, or at least a year or two. An entire city does not get rebuilt overnight, magic weapons or not :laugh:

Oh, and this stuff belongs in the TV show thread, in the Culture and Media subforum, not in this thread. :wink:

Whoops! Sorry about that. :blush:

I'm hoping we get pictures of Destroyers soon... and the back art of the Thunder Raider. I'm really interested to see how the "flip-out" missiles work, how the "action mode" works and how the Earth Mech fits onto it. Given that someone has the Jay minifig already, one can hope...

I'm hoping we get pictures of Destroyers soon... and the back art of the Thunder Raider. I'm really interested to see how the "flip-out" missiles work, how the "action mode" works and how the Earth Mech fits onto it. Given that someone has the Jay minifig already, one can hope...

I don't know where title "Destroyers" came from. One of the sources I recall gave the name of 70726 as "Destructoid" which seems like a more realistic name to me, since it's actually distinctive.

And I agree, it'd be great to see how some of the functions of the Thunder Raider work. Sadly, escaped minifigures probably won't tell us anything about the sets as a whole, though. After all, these would likely have escaped from factories as individual parts, rather than as complete and packaged sets.

Hmm, good point on the Minifigs and the set name. I always thought "Destroyers" sounded somewhat odd. Only time will tell, I guess.

Sorry for the Double-Post here, but I just noticed something. In the "REBOOTED" poster showing all the sets, there seems to be a distinct lack of the set Destructoid. We've seen every set in the poster, if you include the Minifigs. But anything that would qualify as what Destructoid is presumed to be like is not there. Or, more plainly put, there is nothing we have not seen. So, considering (if I recall correctly) it's something like $150, considering the scale of the Mechdragon, would it be too far-fetched to believe the Tower might be Destructoid? Very unlikely, I know, but there's not really anything else to go on right now

Sorry for the Double-Post here, but I just noticed something. In the "REBOOTED" poster showing all the sets, there seems to be a distinct lack of the set Destructoid. We've seen every set in the poster, if you include the Minifigs. But anything that would qualify as what Destructoid is presumed to be like is not there. Or, more plainly put, there is nothing we have not seen. So, considering (if I recall correctly) it's something like $150, considering the scale of the Mechdragon, would it be too far-fetched to believe the Tower might be Destructoid? Very unlikely, I know, but there's not really anything else to go on right now

As far as I know, exclusive sets don't usually appear on mainstream promotional material like posters, e.g. Star Wars.

Have we even gotten confirmation that it was a D2C set yet? That's a rumor, and the other rumor is that it was some kind of castle.

Have we even gotten confirmation that it was a D2C set yet? That's a rumor, and the other rumor is that it was some kind of castle.

No, they weren't saying it was a D2C, but rather a retail exclusive (some recent examples: Eagle Castle for Chima, Coast Gaurd Seaplane for City, Starhopper for Star Wars). That D2C Castle set is another thing. The reason we think Destructoids is a retail exclusive is because it was first listed with the other sets, but hasn't been listed on some sites and we haven't got much pictures of it, which is usually the case for retail exclusives.

Think of it like Skeleton Bowling or the Fangpyre Mech of the past two years of Ninjago. Both had their images revealed only about three weeks before the set officially released. They just showed up one day.

I'd also assume that the tower would be the 2014 Summer flagship set (that is if we are getting a wave this Summer).

Hmmm, Destructoid sounds more like some sort of massive machine or mech. Like a meatier version of Exo-Force's 7707: Striking Venom or 7713: Bridge Walker. Multiple gunner Nindroids and a command position for the OverBorg.

I can see why Lego wouldn't reveal the big set. If it ties into the Season finale. If I were Lego I'd keep the reveal of it until the Toyfairs in the new year.

Before w get our hopes up, do we know what the name for that smaller 70720 set is? It looks like a small Nindroid vehicle. Given how erratic Lego's set naming can be, and how badly translated leaks frequently are, Destructoid could be literally anything up to and including the ride on lawn mower polybag.

Yeah, we know what the smallest set is called. Air Breaks, but there's some other versions that are more likely. Also, the number code gives that number its end. What's this about a Polybag?

Yeah, we know what the smallest set is called. Air Breaks, but there's some other versions that are more likely. Also, the number code gives that number its end. What's this about a Polybag?

As far as I know, the name is Hover Hunter (sounds a bit more real to me), but I'm not positive.

Here's the list from a while ago, and as it's been right so far, it's probably same to amuse that the smallest set is the Hover Hunter and the Destructoid is another set (I'm not sure as to polybag numbers, and all, though, so it's pretty much a guess):

#70720 LEGO Ninjago Hover Hunter

#70721 LEGO Ninjago Kai Fighter

#70722 LEGO Ninjago OverBorg Attack

#70723 LEGO Ninjago Thunder Raider

#70724 LEGO Ninjago NinjaCopter

#70725 LEGO Ninjago Nindroid MechDragon

#70726 LEGO Ninjago Destructoid

Oh yeah I wasn't suggesting the actual set would be a huge mech, I was just saying what it sounded like to me with a name like Destructoid. I mean, Destructoid could simply be another character.

Yeah, Hover Hunter does sound more likely. I had forgotten at the time though :wink: . Anyway, it could be a Mech. I hope so, especially after the piddly little thing that is the Earth Mech. I'm gonna have to extend the arms on that thing when I get the set, eugh.

Sorry for yet another Double Post... but this needs to be noticed:

EDIT: Another one!

ANOTHER ONE! :D

Edited by JayWalker