Ok, the Dragon just looks crazy. I never got a Ninjago set, but that Dragon just looks soo cool.

As for Evil Wu, I don't see him having been evil all along. It's either a evil clone of him (but that wouldn't explain Sensei Garmadon) or a magic-corrupted Wu.

I can't see Lego daring to pull off a "I've been pretending to be good all this time!" twist. If they did, though...whoa.

No, Garmadon is now "Sensei" because he is no longer "lord Garmadon". He probably ditched that title because it was somewhat an indicator of the evil inside him.

Perhaps Wu had something similar to Cyrus Borg happen to him. Or maybe Sensei was kidnapped and the Nindroids replaced him with a robot version. We'll just have to wait for the new season of NINJAGO to come out.

Or there is still some concentrated evil (the stuff that Garmadon used to turn Ninjago evil) left around and Wu gets infected (beards don't just turn black (unless you use food dye :laugh:)), but I guess that wouldn't fully explain the cyborg features...

Or maybe Sensei was kidnapped and the Nindroids replaced him with a robot version.

That's my theory as well. I really can't imagine Sensei Wu having been evil all along.

-Gata signoff.png

Like I said, he was either infected by the Borg (oh man that sounds too much like Star Trek now) or kidnapped and "cloned" (a term I use loosely as cloning implies organic replicas)

Though, an interesting thing to note is that Wu is called "evil Wu". This does lead to a bit of thought of the "cloned" explanation, but equally it could be used for kids to distinguish good guy and villain.

One thing I am a bit so-so on is the lack of Spinners (yet). I'm glad they're gone, because as much as I loved them I have never had anyone to "duel" with and it makes me a bit crazed on getting *all* of them. But I'm sad they're gone because it means no cool character art, no easy "army builder" stuff... heck, this is the first year when every character can have their own spinner (except for the Falcon :cry_sad: ). But then again, they seemed to be running out of ways to make the characters advance in their elemental powers yet not quite seem too overpowered.

Can't wait to get more views of the Mechdragon, I've taken another look and it's really growing on me. The Ninjacopter is nothing like I expected and in a good way. It is innovative and will stand out very well in comparison to other sets. Unfortunately, it reminds me slightly of the dreaded 5971 Gold Heist. Eugh. (ironically that set can go for $80 these days. :look: )

Air breaks could do with some major modifications. Which brings me to another point...

The Techno Blades seem incredibly... "unmatched". What I mean is, Cole is given a chained Blade. Yet Jay is normally the one who uses chained weaponry. Zane is using a "staff" Blade, yet Cole is the one who would be more likely to use that sort of weapon. And Jay is given a very spiky one, despite Zane being the one who gets the pointy throw-able stuff :laugh:. Kai is the only one who seems to get one true to his nature, really. Ah well, can easily swap 'em around, I guess. Still, somewhat annoyed at it regardless.

EDIT: While this is almost definitely in the wrong thread, have we actually gotten any news on Season 4 other than the measly bits we've gotten?

Edited by JayWalker

Or Garmadon going good = Sensei forced to be evil as there must be always a balance between good and evil... Interesting and confusing.

No, I doubt that that would be the case. If that was true, then Garmadon would have been born evil or bitten when Wu was born. Anyway, the balance is "perfect" after the Overlord was defeated. Not all the serpentine were locked in the Stone Army tomb, the skeletons are still around and the Dark Island is most likely still around. Strangely though the Golden Mech disappeared with the Stone Army.

I might add that I am happy to see that Garmadon's buggy isn't a piddly little thing like we've gotten in past years. Usually we get a big massive vehicle and a tiny little quad bike. Funnily enough though it reminds me of the Dino Attack sets with the box art :grin:

Edited by JayWalker

I'm impressed with these sets. All of them are very unique-looking.

Interestingly, the NinjaCopter seems to be Zane's vehicle, based on what can only be assumed to be elemental ice patterns on it. It's a major upgrade after three years of always getting the smallest vehicle or dragon! The Nindroid hang-gliders in the NinjaCopter and MechDragon sets use the same new "A-frame" plate as Jay's Thunder Raider. The gold parts pointing back from the cannons (behind the spinner crowns) also look new.

Also, a new female character? That's great news! Or at least, so-so news. If Nya doesn't reappear or another new female character doesn't show up, then it doesn't do anything for the gender ratios of the sets. The inclusion of Zane's falcon is also nice. It's just reusing the crow from The Lone Ranger and the CMFs, but along with the hair pieces, it demonstrates a dedication to replicating as many of the things people love from the TV show as possible.

The Nindroid MechDragon is really something else! It reminds me of the year one Exo-Force robot battle machines with its grim, jagged aesthetic. It has lots of lovely building techniques to set its design apart from the earlier, more streamlined dragons.

Sensei Garmadon's new costume is quite interesting, though I kind of miss the purple that defined the aethetic of his original costume in earlier TV show appearances. It helped set him apart from the other characters quite nicely. Evil Wu is certainly an enigma, isn't he? Looks like he does still have a yellow head, but as Zane proves, that doesn't mean he's not a Nindroid. I hope he is handled well in the show.

The Hover Hunter is mundane, but unique nonetheless. As budget sets go, it's nowhere near as awesome as Kai's Fire Mech, but it's got some decent parts and techniques. Funny that the Nindroid in that set doesn't get a hood. Real sneaky how despite a lack of any unique minifigures, the designers apparently made it the only set to offer Cole's Techno-Blade. Unless, of course, the mysterious rumored 70726 has any say about it.

Shame there are no more buildings or structures in these sets, but I wasn't totally expecting any. Maybe next wave. On a side note, also do observe that we can now see the reverse side of the box for 70721 Kai Fighter!

VERY glad to finally get pics of all these sets! They have done nothing to crush my optimism!

My theory is that whoever is behind all the Nindroids kidnapped Wu and replaced him with a Nindroid version to infiltrate the ninja, who probably don't notice anything until Wu does strange things and they get suspicious. At some point when the Nindroids already start attacking them the Wu Nindroid reveals himself. Either that or the Evil Wu is kind of like the evil Nya who appeared in the last two episodes, so he gets kidnapped at some mid-to-late point in the story and when the Ninja go to his rescue, they encounter an evil Nindroid replica.

-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui

New Zane looks nice, is he like the main ninja of this year, like Kai first then Lloyd? Zane is my favourite ninja, so I hope. Anyway, it's strange that Nya has been drowned out of the sets a bit. I could understand last year as it was only one wave but this year- there should be more! Also where are Darreth, Misako and other characters? Maybe in summer...

Edited by legoIgor123

New Zane looks nice, is he like the main ninja of this year, like Kai first then Lloyd? Zane is my favourite ninja, so I hope. Anyway, it's strange that Nya has been drowned out of the sets a bit. I could understand last year as it was only one wave but this year- there should be more! Also where are Darreth, Misako and other characters? Maybe in summer...

I wouldn't count on Dareth showing up in sets. He's an awesome character for certain, but he's very definitely a secondary character like Jay's parents, not a primary character like the Ninja, Wu, Nya, and Garmadon.

Plus, even though Ninjago has a higher profile next year than it had for 2013, it remains considerably reduced in its scope compared to 2012, when there were 35 unique minifigures. Even in Ninjago's first wave it had seven foes for the Ninja (four Skeleton Warriors, Nuckal, Samukai, and Lord Garmadon), plus multiple costumes for some of the Ninja themselves.

So far for this year, we've only seen four adversaries for the Ninja (Cyrus Borg, General Cryptor, Evil Wu, and a generic Nindroid), plus Sensei Garmadon, Pixal, and a single costume for each of the five Ninja. That makes eleven figs total — the same number as there were this year. Admittedly, none of those 2014 characters reuse a costume from a previous year, unlike this year's Sensei Wu minifigure. But the theme has experienced only the slightest expansion, just as it has only seen slight expansion in the number of sets per wave.

I do not know which characters we are likely to see play a considerable role in the next season of the show, so it's hard to know who might be making an appearance in the sets. Misako and Dr. Julien are possible candidates, but I don't think Dareth is likely to play a big enough role to warrant a minifigure.

Whatever the story behind the mysterious evil Wu and the new character Pixal is, it's undeniable that the two large sets are some of the best Ninjago's had, right up there with the Fire Temple and the Lightning Dragon. Apart from the purple, for which it is a goldmine (purplemine?), it just seems packed with awesome. It puts the Ultra Dragon to shame. It includes functions (the sawblades snap in or out) and some great details, like the shuriken/sawblade print flat round And the Copter is equally magnificent. Awesome aesthetics, a good design for the cannons and a great choice for the main propellor.

Edited by DraikNova

Ok, silly question, but you guys will have an answer. What's the correct pronunciation of "Ninjago"? Is in Ninja-go or Nin-jago? I say the first, but my neighbor says the second.

Thanks, Mike

Doesn't Darreth still have control over the Stone Army. He has the helmet that controls them.

The Stone Army disintegrated with the Overlord.

Ok, silly question, but you guys will have an answer. What's the correct pronunciation of "Ninjago"? Is in Ninja-go or Nin-jago? I say the first, but my neighbor says the second.

Thanks, Mike

Nin-jago is the name of the world, whereas Ninja-go! is the chant the Ninja say when they use Spinjitzu.

The Stone Army disintegrated with the Overlord.

But you can't destroy the Overlord. Ninjago needs a balance of light and darkness. All Lloyd did was banish the Overlord back to the dark island and restored the balance.

But you can't destroy the Overlord. Ninjago needs a balance of light and darkness. All Lloyd did was banish the Overlord back to the dark island and restored the balance.

I'm guessing the stone army just disintegrated, and if not, they were probably sealed underground like before.

Nobody's going to explain why the Falcon's a big deal, are they?

It was a character in the TV show that was somewhat prominent in a few episodes.

Nobody's going to explain why the Falcon's a big deal, are they?

It is the robot bird that was made for Zane by Dr. Julien. It isn't explained where it went after Julien 'died'. After the serpentine were unleashed, it came back to Zane and helped the ninja by guiding them to places like Lloyd's treehouse and the Destiny's Bounty.

It's finally great to see some new pictures in the upcoming reboot Ninjago 2014. For me, I am very pleased to see its re-appearance! More importantly, this looks like a fusion of space and ninja war theme altogether! The Mech Dragon is certainly awesome!

Do anyone find that the 70724 Ninja Copter look like a similar design piece of the cockpit in Galaxy Squad? I really wonder how does the rear add up to the unique design factor.

8691182203_1a49a06bcc_o.jpg

I see a very large connection, but to be honest I like the GS one better. Ninjacopter is brilliant, but it's a bit lackluster in defining how wide it is at the front, it just doesn't look very solid in the cockpit.

Now that I'm caught up watching the tv show I'm wondering if Dr. Julien's work for Samukai is where these Nindroids are coming from. Is the ooze of the Great Devourer still seeping through Ninjago city? Will these Nindroids emerge from underground after becoming corrupted by the green ooze? Is that how Wu becomes a Nindroid? Is Pixal created by Julien as a companion for Zane or as a Nya replacement on the team? What will Ninjago city museum exhibit now that most of the relics have been destroyed? Will the love triangle of Wu, Garmadon and Misako carry on and is that the catalyst for Wu's transformation? Will the Ninja now be able to afford the nice 8 bedroom apartment with dojo en suite as they've saved the city and the entire world of Ninjago? How much time has passed between season 2 and 3?

Too many questions and so many weeks to wait until the answers arrive.

No, Samukai only commissioned Julien to make the Skull bikes and such. I doubt the Devourer's venom still exists, as Garmadon was "purified", of sorts. But that may be just removing the after-effects permanently. And the venom does many things, but it does not transform people. Garmadon became "skeletal" after being shocked by lightning and banished.

Anyway, yes, the apartment will probably be affordable. And I'd say a lot of time has passed, or at least a year or two. An entire city does not get rebuilt overnight, magic weapons or not :laugh:

Oh, and this stuff belongs in the TV show thread, in the Culture and Media subforum, not in this thread. :wink: