Exactly what I was thinking. It also makes no sense, given that you would never see a mini-ramp like that in an actual city, unless it was a speed bump (and even THEN). I honestly think these aren't the final versions. Why they would take high-quality pictures refutes this idea, but why take the high-quality pictures before October anyway? HQ stuff usually comes out in November or December.

You would never see a green ninja on a sword-bicycle nor an octopus cyborg in an actual city either. There are plenty of graded curbs, ramped sections of asphalt, and curved structures in most cities - otherwise skateboarding as we know it wouldn't exist. It's a simple and fun play feature which locates the set in an urban environment for about 10 bricks. I think it's fine and certainly not evidence that it's not the final version.

While the vehicles are pretty darn bad (Kai's being the best, and the OverBorg's the worst), the Borg headgear seems absolutely awesome, just as the armor does. The Ninja's are more a meh, as those handkerchiefs seem pretty bad. Those weapons seem interesting, but nowhere near as awesome as the swords. They're just a bit too detailed. I might use them as decorations for the mega-size dojo project I'm working on, though. I really hope these will be adjusted significantly before release :thumbdown:.

EDIT: Okay, so the Dragon's going to be purple? I think that, together with the cyborg part, easily puts it in the "Awesomest Thing Ever" category, which Ninjago already has at least two entries in.

Edited by DraikNova

Exactly what I was thinking. It also makes no sense, given that you would never see a mini-ramp like that in an actual city...

This is Lego. Never will there be a true legitimate ramp for action themes unless the vehicle making the jump has a motor (Speedorz).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the printed plate visible in the front of the Thunder Raider discontinued? If so, we've got some evidence that these aren't finished designs.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the printed plate visible in the front of the Thunder Raider discontinued? If so, we've got some evidence that these aren't finished designs.

No, it's still around. :wink:

I don't see why these wouldn't be final designs. Leaks like this always happen, and all of the photos look exactly like any other retail official photos.

No, it's still around. :wink:

I don't see why these wouldn't be final designs. Leaks like this always happen, and all of the photos look exactly like any other retail official photos.

Plus these aren't watermarked "preliminary" or anything, so I'd say it's safe to assume it's the final design.

You would never see a green ninja on a sword-bicycle nor an octopus cyborg in an actual city either. There are plenty of graded curbs, ramped sections of asphalt, and curved structures in most cities - otherwise skateboarding as we know it wouldn't exist. It's a simple and fun play feature which locates the set in an urban environment for about 10 bricks. I think it's fine and certainly not evidence that it's not the final version.

Well, I didn't say it was evidence. I just said that I honestly don't think these are final. This isn't like LEGO, in the past we'd only just be getting prelims. And even then, you know how touchy they've gotten about them. I mean why take finalized photos this early? And why didn't the other set's pictures surface too? If KMart officials were given the go-ahead for three, why not them all? This reeks of something, and I'm not sure what. Also, Cyrus is a regular Minifig. He has legs, but he also has a "spider hardsuit" if you'd call it that.

Still... it's odd enough though. A retailer leaks high-quality pictures three months earlier than they should, and they don't even feature the whole line. People have already gotten their hands on the sets, someone has General Cryptor and someone else managed to get Lloyd somehow. Even if they are finalized, this is still incredibly strange.

Where's Zane?

They're probably trying to keep him hidden as long as possible. :wink:

Edited by Lego Spy

Still... it's odd enough though. A retailer leaks high-quality pictures three months earlier than they should, and they don't even feature the whole line. People have already gotten their hands on the sets, someone has General Cryptor and someone else managed to get Lloyd somehow. Even if they are finalized, this is still incredibly strange.

I think you are over thinking this. We always get set images during late September and early October. Most of them are preliminary yes, but occasionally we even get the official ones. This is not any different from the usual antics this time every year. It is always exhilarating!

I think you are over thinking this. We always get set images during late September and early October. Most of them are preliminary yes, but occasionally we even get the official ones. This is not any different from the usual antics this time every year. It is always exhilarating!

No, we've rarely ever gotten HD images without watermarks this early. Prelims, yes, but HD (semi?) finalized ones, no. And this was an accidental release, not a leak or something from LEGO's own servers. You raise a fair point, but it still doesn't feel right.

No, we've rarely ever gotten HD images without watermarks this early. Prelims, yes, but HD (semi?) finalized ones, no. And this was an accidental release, not a leak or something from LEGO's own servers. You raise a fair point, but it still doesn't feel right.

At least Hero Factory's pictures we got last year were all finalized. I think you're reading too much into this. I'm pretty sure these are all final.

-Gata signoff.png

Nothing odd about it. Figure these are hitting the streets in about 6 weeks or so (for US Black Friday), so all needed finalized info is already in retailer hands. K Mart just screwed up... Again!

Must admit when i saw the pictures I thought they looked almost finished but not quite final. They certainly lack the ZING! factor of previous sets. Perhaps this is merely a taster wave with the ZING! sets to follow later once the tv show has hit the screens. That seems logical to me.

Exactly what I was thinking. It also makes no sense, given that you would never see a mini-ramp like that in an actual city, unless it was a speed bump (and even THEN). I honestly think these aren't the final versions. Why they would take high-quality pictures refutes this idea, but why take the high-quality pictures before October anyway? HQ stuff usually comes out in November or December.

Just because high-quality pictures don't normally appear this early doesn't mean they don't exist this early. Chances are that if production of these sets hasn't started yet, it will soon, so final art would be needed for the packaging and instruction manuals.

And K-Mart has leaked high-quality, finalized images this early before. Just this year, I believe we got pics of the Hero Factory sets 40012 Evo and 40013 Aquagon in April on the K-Mart site, when those sets were due to be released in August.

Anyway, I don't think the ramp is that silly. Maybe Lloyd or Cole used his earth powers to pull up a strip of asphalt.

I do like that the minifigures come with hair and the scarfs gives it that added ninja touch. I wonder though if they also come with their masks as an added accessory?

I do like that the minifigures come with hair and the scarfs gives it that added ninja touch. I wonder though if they also come with their masks as an added accessory?

That would be nice, but I would buy an Ultrasonic Raider just to be sure. You'd have to get he Ninjago Minifigure Encyclopedia to get the right mask for Lloyd at this point in the story. Both are excellent, and so much worth the money.

Ah, thanks for that! So now there's two Lloyds on eBay. How are people getting these so quickly? :/

Can't wait for Zane. Would be cool to have a new ninja too. Loving the Kai hair piece too- amazing!!! Also where is Sensei, Nya and Garmadon?

Edited by legoIgor123