I will be away from my bricks for about a week, so I thought I owed Avalonia a build. Here is a build for Albion. I reserved the Tower 4.

8425256090_b319d51855_z.jpg

Not one of my best builds, because this was a quicky.

8424180179_b1b4c66e60_z.jpg

8424184115_d392481d90_b.jpg

Thanks for looking!

The texture you gave it, made it have an "old" look, so it fits Albion very well :laugh:

Also great minifig posing! :classic:

My 2 tips:

- you should try to be more creative while taking pictures. If you, for example, took a picture in frog perspective, the wall & tower would look bigger :classic: Now (thanks to the bird perspective) it's kinda hard to believe this is 2 levels high (it looks like 1.5 or sth) :classic:

- try do sth with the window to make it standing out for example. So not just a flat part of a wall :classic:

My 2 tips:

- you should try to be more creative while taking pictures. If you, for example, took a picture in frog perspective, the wall & tower would look bigger :classic: Now (thanks to the bird perspective) it's kinda hard to believe this is 2 levels high (it looks like 1.5 or sth) :classic:

- try do sth with the window to make it standing out for example. So not just a flat part of a wall :classic:

It's kinda hard to take good pictures when your girlfriend is wanting for you to finish. :blush:

I'm assuming you don't have the pieces to do crenelations on the top of the tower, if you did though I think that would look better than the brown tiles.

I also agree with dG about the window, the front of the tower looks very flat right now.

The wall looks good and I like that you included stairs to reach it :thumbup:

Excellent figs as well :classic:

I'm assuming you don't have the pieces to do crenelations on the top of the tower, if you did though I think that would look better than the brown tiles.

I also agree with dG about the window, the front of the tower looks very flat right now.

The wall looks good and I like that you included stairs to reach it :thumbup:

Excellent figs as well :classic:

dG? He posted in my topic?

Anyway, I have the pieces, but I couldn't get them because as I said, this was quicky. :wink:

No I think SK meant DM! :laugh:

Anyway, now I´m writing in your thread! :wink:

A nice little moc! Nice texturing in the wall! I do feel the walls are very low! In Albion the walls of the inner sanctum should be about 25 bricks high. Right now a soldier on a horse could scale the walls. :wink: Perhaps add a street to the inner part of the wall?

It´s hard to come with input when all you say to the guys coming with suggestions is that this was a quicky. Try to take in as much of the critique you get as you will grow as a builder when doing so. I understand that you want to build as much as you can for Avalonia now as a new member but remember to reflect of what others say to you and keep that in mind for the next moc.

Hope you don´t feel offended by my post, I really like the moc, but I thought I would share some tips!

It´s hard to come with input when all you say to the guys coming with suggestions is that this was a quicky. Try to take in as much of the critique you get as you will grow as a builder when doing so. I understand that you want to build as much as you can for Avalonia now as a new member but remember to reflect of what others say to you and keep that in mind for the next moc.

Hope you don´t feel offended by my post, I really like the moc, but I thought I would share some tips!

Oh no offense taken and am taking in everybody's advice. I am planning to build Tower 3 including everybody's advice when I get back to my bricks.

Anyway, I have the pieces, but I couldn't get them because as I said, this was quicky. :wink:

A Quicky? We don't do quickies for Albion!

Wall texture is nice.

I like that there is some landscaping.

I like the attempt to get a nice solid background.

But what the others have said is right. Albion walls should be MUCH taller. 25 bricks tall on the inner sanctum and 20 on the outer walls. This isn't anywhere near that!

Your pictures are also slightly out of focus. Three tips on that: 1. use more light. 2. Use the camera timer setting so that pressing the button doesn't make the cmaera move when the picture is being taken and 3. for close-ups use your camera's macro setting.

The point of the guilds is to improve your skills and get good feedback so that you can become a power house MOCstar like dG and soccerkid, not defend your creation from comment. I suggest you don't defend your build and instead take in the critiques to become a better builder!

Your pictures are also slightly out of focus. Three tips on that: 1. use more light. 2. Use the camera timer setting so that pressing the button doesn't make the cmaera move when the picture is being taken and 3. for close-ups use your camera's macro setting.

The point of the guilds is to improve your skills and get good feedback so that you can become a power house MOCstar like dG and soccerkid, not defend your creation from comment. I suggest you don't defend your build and instead take in the critiques to become a better builder!

I understand, thanks for the camera tips.

Edited by Brickington