I think what he probably means is,

that on LDD it is very common for the 'best models' gallery to consists of Gigantic detailed houses that people have made; but due to the pitfalls of designing on computer with no brick limits, are incredibly innffecient in terms of brick use (a billion darkred 1*2 plates???) and tend to cost far far too much for anyone even their creator to purchase.

and that this Cafe Corner, looks pretty much the same in terms of detail and expense.

Now, this one being a production model, of course will be much reduced in price compared to a typical LDD model. as well as having a better brick pallete available.

But it does really 'feel' like those digital models...

very perceptive darthking and xenologer... i agree with you, and im glad these points were mentioned.

i think it also has a LDD feel because it is fan built... these type of constructions seem to be the focus of the AFOL hobby, currently. because i think it is awe inspiring and reletively new to the hobby. personally, while i think this style of building looks spectacular, (as many know) i prefer smaller models. i do hope the AFOL hobby comes back around, to an appreciation of simple, perfect, and precise models of 300 pieces or less (as seen in the 90's).

trends go in tides... high points and low points... im sure we will see many as the AFOL hobby continues.

--------------------------------------------------

all that said, this model is very nice *y* *y* *y* im just glad i don't collect town/city, so i don't have to figure out the unanswerable task of mixing this set with my already established collection *wacko*

- BrickMiner

Whitch store did you call? I called the one in the valley fair mall and though they said they have heard of it, they don't know when it will be out.

Glendale, California. They knew exactly the set I was referring to and I didn't even have to give them the set number. Sounded like they had been asked about it multiple times previously...

im just glad i don't collect town/city, so i don't have to figure out the unanswerable task of mixing this set with my already established collection *wacko*

Where's the problem? You just build it and put it on your main street corner. It's that easy. That's the beauty of T&T, you can mix everything in it (I even have Western and Pirates in my town). Of course, your town doesn't look like those on LUG or LTC exhibitions but those are model building exhibitions IMHO. Not many people have that at home.

I'm glad I'm collecting Town and won't have to figure out where to put a set that doesn't fit my collection of SW or Bionuckle ;-)

I'm glad I'm collecting Town and won't have to figure out where to put a set that doesn't fit my collection of SW or Bionuckle ;-)
:-D ;-)

but in all seriousness...

sure, im so glad this is minifig scale... but come on, those tiled sidewalks just wont blend with classic LEGO studedness. maybe its just me, but i have to have a seamless blend in my set-ups.

- BrickMiner

Glendale, California. They knew exactly the set I was referring to and I didn't even have to give them the set number. Sounded like they had been asked about it multiple times previously...

Sweet! I have a friend that lives in glendal! I'll give the store a call tommorw! Are you planning on getting it on Saturday (thats if all of them aren't reserved)?

but in all seriousness...

sure, im so glad this is minifig scale... but come on, those tiled sidewalks just wont blend with classic LEGO studedness.

Don't use 'em. Use the tiles for something else.

maybe its just me, but i have to have a seamless blend in my set-ups.

Maybe ;-)

Me, I don't care about that. I do try to set up my town so it doesn't look too "awkward", of course. But I'm not a model builder, my town has to have the "LEGO look and feel". Tiles are nice, SNOT is good, but only where absolutely needed.

True, this set would stand out by far among my Town/City sets. But I don't care. My town is a permanent WIP, so I'll just see it as... I dunno, a new restored town center or something... restoration could even be a story line for my town (even if not the most exciting one) and explain why it'll never be finished ;-)

*looks closer*

Are those the new Car Mudguards being used as the rounded window trims on the top floor??

And I thought those things were only good for Spaceship engine nozzles....

*looks closer*

Are those the new Car Mudguards being used as the rounded window trims on the top floor??

And I thought those things were only good for Spaceship engine nozzles....

Yes, they are. I've seen them used as window trims before...

Woah o0 nice, dont know if i can buy this as its very expected and I already will be getting so many other new sets released in 2007.. Damn did Lego got panged by an inovation bee or what.. Awesome sets till now.. The gas station.. the mtt... my poor money :(

actually, yoda, this reminds me of the place where we ate in Paris a month back... :-D

i wonder what series this belongs to. it's not creator, not city...

Wow! The AFOL who designed this is an amazing builder! Now, if only lego made something like this.... oh, wait. This is an offical kit.

8-

I think it's large size is smart... gives people reason to buy more Lego in order to get the rest of the town on scale with it.

And when it looks good, who really cares. *sweet*

It's good to see a UCS type dealie in minifig scale. Lego's being nice to us.

See? See what making a good profit during the previous fiscal year does? Better budget for designers and better sets for us.

I think it's large size is smart... gives people reason to buy more Lego in order to get the rest of the town on scale with it.

And when it looks good, who really cares. *sweet*

It's good to see a UCS type dealie in minifig scale. Lego's being nice to us.

See? See what making a good profit during the previous fiscal year does? Better budget for designers and better sets for us.

well i think they've adapted to the fairly large AFOL city/town fans who love this type of sets more than let's say the airport...

what are those green things the little old guy is shuvleing away? ;-)

am absolute amazing set! :'-) could even rival the Falcon! (better than it in some ways ;-) )

Radioactive waste, DUUH. :-P Just to add some "Junior kidz action". X-D

Looks like I need to rethink the themes I buy. Probably going to be towner and swer. :-P

If TLG keeps coming up with blockbusters, I will have a hard time keeping up! I can't tie up $10k for resale in the future :-P

Gary's eyes...

Me, I don't care about that. I do try to set up my town so it doesn't look too "awkward", of course. But I'm not a model builder, my town has to have the "LEGO look and feel". Tiles are nice, SNOT is good, but only where absolutely needed.

True, this set would stand out by far among my Town/City sets. But I don't care. My town is a permanent WIP, so I'll just see it as... I dunno, a new restored town center or something... restoration could even be a story line for my town (even if not the most exciting one) and explain why it'll never be finished ;-)

It's a very good debate...

Like I said before, even if this caf

Looks like I need to rethink the themes I buy. Probably going to be towner and swer. :-P
well put...

if this CC is really the first in a new line of "AFOL 2000+ parts line, town building sub-line" then i should have saved my aquaraiders money :-D :-D :-D ;-)

further more, i will buy this if it is part of a new line (with at least 8-10 releases)... but if it's a stand-alone, it doesn't really fit my current collection.

- BrickMiner

further more, i will buy this if it is part of a new line (with at least 8-10 releases)

I hope they all don't come out this year then. Don't quite have

I have been looking at this set and many of the other sets TLC is giving us lately and wonder if we will ever get a castle town system? *wub* This my have been brought up in another forum.

I am also excited to see if TLC will make a skyscrapper.... one is shadowed in the picture. Could be box art, cuold be really. TLC is full of surprises now.

Hey, I just noticed something. Since this is supposedly released in April, and my birthday is April 12th, I might get this for my birthday. Oh please say i do! 8-