I hope I don't offend anyone over this "color" issue, but keep this in mind. This is a building, not a model of a painted train or aircraft. As such, different tones of the same color should be a welcome change. Think about it.

Fair enough.

BUT

We're talking plastic bricks fresh out of the factory, not brick having withstood the elements for 200 years.

While it is kinda realistic looking that effect wasn't intentional and being satisfied with the realistic look is a lame excuse and doesn't give LEGO reason to change it.

Want a realistic look? Use different shades of the colors, but all in pristine quality.

PS: My tone is directed at TLC, not saturncoupe1999 ;-)

*conspiracy theory*

What if they did do it Intentionally?

Maybe there was a batch of badly colored bricks, and rather than toss them out they decided to use them all in a set where wierd colors wouldnt cause as many complaints?

*end conspiracy theory*

As I said, I don't intend to anger anyone over this. I don't like to see my rail cars, which would have been painted at a factory, showing different shades of yellow, red, etc. But brick, or rock, walls appear quite normal when they DON'T give the appearance of having been "spray painted" on an assembly line.

Do you want some different shades? Just put some pieces under sunshines and wait...

Personnaly, I really dislike those different shades. Like some others said, TLC has always give us some really hight quality product. So I don't want that to change. I like my uniform coloured walls, it's a part of the LEGO appeal, like the yellow minifigs, and other "problems of scale like the cars just for one minifig".

Maybe TLC try to cut some cost here, but prices of the sets are the same than before, and even a little more expensive. So it's not acceptable.

I love this set! Just ordered it, I hope it'll be the centrepiece of a future city of mine.

I also hope LEGO releases more of these super detailed modular buildings! :-)

I just received my Cafe Corner and had to join! I love the set and hope they make more. I just have one question. I haven't gotten a set that had windows in years. Are they supposed to have annoying circles engraved into them???? They look like they have been shot at. *n*

I just received my Cafe Corner and had to join! I love the set and hope they make more. I just have one question. I haven't gotten a set that had windows in years. Are they supposed to have annoying circles engraved into them???? They look like they have been shot at. *n*

Throughout the thread, that's been an area of contention. It's a quality control issue that's rather new. It's not "supposed" to have those annoying circles, but it's like that for everyone's sets. :-/

Throughout the thread, that's been an area of contention. It's a quality control issue that's rather new. It's not "supposed" to have those annoying circles, but it's like that for everyone's sets. :-/

Thanks. I had read the posts about the colors but I hadn't read anything about the windows. I just finished the first floor and I love this set. I really hope they continue this theme. I would love little shops to go between bigger buildings and if they would have a full interior.

Thanks. I had read the posts about the colors but I hadn't read anything about the windows. I just finished the first floor and I love this set. I really hope they continue this theme. I would love little shops to go between bigger buildings and if they would have a full interior.

Having just bought 7945 Fire Station, the windows in this set have the same circles in the windows. They don't annoy me so much though, although I do kinda remember them having this a while back. I could be mistaken.

I received the set yesterday, and so far have built the first two floors. Even unfinished, it is stunningly beautiful, and the building techniques used are extremely creative - something I cannot remember ever having seen in an official Lego set.

Here's to more sets like this - realistic and modular!

Personally, I did not mind the colour differences and injection moulding spots all that much.

What bothers me more is that one of the minifigs is messed up in my set... The printed female torso is all smudged on the upper left corner, as if somebody had touched the paint while it was still wet.

I received the set yesterday, and so far have built the first two floors. Even unfinished, it is stunningly beautiful, and the building techniques used are extremely creative - something I cannot remember ever having seen in an official Lego set.

I just finished the Cafe after about 5-6 hours. This has to be one of my favorite sets. I agree about the building techniques. There were several times I said wow I never thought of doing that, especially with the skis. I love when you build something separately and then it just fits (the zig zags that go above the angled corner). I just wish I could buy more to make it a full building.

I can't wait to start fixing up the inside. Coffee shop, rooms, maybe a lounge on the top floor, an ice cream shoppe next door and a restaurant. I'm going to have redo the bottom floor to add base plates with roads.

I'm 25 and I have never been so excited over a set! (except for maybe the USC ISD)

Does anyone have a rough estimate on how much the pieces would be for the second floor on bricklink?

maybe you could do a little car with 30's gangsters shooting the place up because they havn't paid their protection money! :-D

Perhaps you should simply send all of your windows back to lego.

Well, since it's a problem with the injection mould, I doubt you get new, fine windows back. :-)

You would have got new windows if they were severly scratched, broken, etc from transport/storing.

I must say, I don't like this problem either. *sad*

129.99 in France *sweet* For once were are not that screwed :-D

Caf

I've noticed that the Cafe Corner has just been hiked by

Still waiting for mine, but having read this thread I'm a bit worried about the quality of what I've ordered now :-( This isn't a cheap set by a long way, and I was thus expecting something a bit extra special. But something so simple as visible moldings and colour variations could ruin this whole experience. I guess I find out this week, if they ever deleiver it! don't they know it's easter and I'm checking for the post-person every 5 minutes, sigh *wacko*

Peter

I wouldn't worry about it. Although yes things are noticable, and when building the set can annoy to some extent, once built the thing looks spectacular. I don't notice it anymore, and infact I've stopped caring. It's an awesome set!

I love this set but I would like to go into detail.

aperance 5 out of 5

this thing is so awsome looking and so detailed.

build 5-5

it took me 5 hours to build and it was not frusterating at all and I'm 11

cost 4-5

to some one that dosen't know alot about legos they might think it's spendy but it's a great deal

for the piece count.

overall 5-5

this just might be the best lego set of all time

buy it!!!!! X-D

Epic building details! I love all modular buildings and this one is the best and most detailed yet. A contender for best set of all time!

Edited by The lego fan