Cafe Corner conquered in the name of the Senate and the People of the Galactic Empire :-D

bw-io.jpg_thumb.jpg

(thumb is link)

Great find, this is indeed brilliant 8-

try and guess :-| A review thread !! G, why is common sense so rare these days ??

*yoda*

i hate to be rude, but i think it is only a certain individual who is lacking... *hint, hint* ;-) i can also see that other members are just as annoyed with that individual as you are. is there anything that can be done?

i hate to be rude, but i think it is only a certain individual who is lacking... *hint, hint* ;-) i can also see that other members are just as annoyed with that individual as you are. is there anything that can be done?

I hope you are not talking about me in that *hint, hint* :-P Do not worry, we have things under control ;-)

We will act in order to restore peace in the gallaxy (oops wrong forum :-D ).

Seriously, we shall act accordingly ;-)

Now lets go back to that magnificent set shall we ?

*yoda*

You would need all six ;-)

Look closely. There are six times second floor *y*

And the bricks for that are only on the second floor !!

But of couse that leaves you with four times first and third floor leftovers :'-(

If you don't know what to do with your four 1st and 3rd floor leftovers, I know some Eurobrickers who will want them... :-D

And this SW version of Caf

If you don't know what to do with your four 1st and 3rd floor leftovers, I know some Eurobrickers who will want them... :-D

And this SW version of Caf

Not to rain on the Dark Sides' reign during the roaring 1920's, But I would like to point out something that is great for all of us AFOL.

The Corner Cafe is now at 5th place in the top 25 on S@H.

:-D *y*

Congrats to all those that have purchesed one, I personally will be getting mine this weekend. Cheers!

Oh and I love the B&W photos as well.

DB

Looking forward to buying this? Don't!

I've just build mine and it is a very nice house, but......

The quallity of the brick is just not accepteble. Colors are not even close.

I've got 2-3 shades of tan.

I've got 2-3 shades of brown

and 4-5 shades of grey :-X

I is clearly an issue with the different bricksizes but also bricks of the same size has this problem. :-X

Is color quality really becomming this bad. :'-(

Count the number of middle floors ;-)

Well, I did :-P

This was my impression of using only 5 cc to build the 10182x6:

10182-x5-6.jpg

But I did not take into account, that the attached building is another CORNER and is continued with a side that is invisible on the photo. :-$

I thought it would end at the right edge. 8-|

I is clearly an issue with the different bricksizes but also bricks of the same size has this problem. :-X

Somehow I feared so, and it isn't really a surprise... you're the first to say so, though, sorry to hear that :-(

Since I won't buy it before the EB event I'll wait what dunamis has to say in his review.

besides, you're better of buying the parts for the midseciction on bricklink

Somehow I feared so, and it isn't really a surprise... you're the first to say so, though, sorry to hear that :-(

Since I won't buy it before the EB event I'll wait what dunamis has to say in his review.

I did see two set with the same problem :'-(

And I did call LEGO Direct today. They are investigating. But it seemed that I was the first one to call about the color problem.

If you have bad colors - Call LEGO - They will never improve unless we complain!

And since this is clearly an AFOL set - We have to take a stand!

That

Interesting

I remember once reading that the moulding factory has precisely controlled temperature and humidity to maintain consistent color as the plastic is formed.

I'll assume that they don't do this now that the manufacturing has been outsourced? :-X

I'll occasionally note a brick or two thats off color from the rest...

Worst case I've ever seen has been the 1*1 mini slopes found in the red Auto Xpod... those came in 3 different shades of 'red' as well as different surface textures -some smooth and shiny, some rough, some a swirly ugly mix of smooth and rough. yuck.... i really shoud have asked customer service to replace those...

I recieved a warped 1x8 tile with mine, and I also notice the slight color variation. I think it looks good, as it makes it look more realistic. Rocks don't all look the same color.

-l2k-

Hi ImperialJohn!

Could you post some significant photos of these bricks?

I for myself would like to know how it looks like and I could ask at 1000steine.de for an official statement from TLC. (If they haven

This pic. is rather large :-$

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/panjob/Question/10182.jpg

This is actually not mine - but the second one I saw.

I'll get the pic's of my own later.

closeup of the brown http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/panjob/Q.../10182brown.jpg

10182brown.jpg

closeup of the Tan http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/panjob/Q...on/10182tan.jpg

10182tan.jpg

Uh-oh.... Well, for a building maybe the shades add some realism, but.... poor LEGO.... :-/

(with tears in my eyes):

edward_g_robinson-763504.jpg

This will teach you on that color issue...!

I should be done with my review tonight. I have noticed a very slight bit of color difference on the yellow pieces but nowhere else. Although I haven't looked closely (I will tonight). I have to finish the third floor and finish the final thoughts on the review (I write while I build) and then it will be done.

I will definitely check out the colors more cloesely tonight...

I hope I don't offend anyone over this "color" issue, but keep this in mind. This is a building, not a model of a painted train or aircraft. As such, different tones of the same color should be a welcome change. Think about it. Have you ever seen a building of any sort where the bricks are all exactly the same color? Sure, the colors of the majority of the bricks will match, but certainly not ALL of them. This is what concerned me when "Castle" people started to voice concerns over "bley". I was thinking to myself that this is silly. Can you imagine living in the days when you actually built a castle for your home? "Uh, no. I don't want those rocks because they don't match the color of the other rocks!" You see, in some cases different shades of ANY color lend to the realistic effect of the sculpture.

As I said, I don't intend to anger anyone over this. I don't like to see my rail cars, which would have been painted at a factory, showing different shades of yellow, red, etc. But brick, or rock, walls appear quite normal when they DON'T give the appearance of having been "spray painted" on an assembly line.

Leg Godt, friends!!! *sweet*

I hope I don't offend anyone over this "color" issue, but keep this in mind. This is a building, not a model of a painted train or aircraft. As such, different tones of the same color should be a welcome change. Think about it. Have you ever seen a building of any sort where the bricks are all exactly the same color? Sure, the colors of the majority of the bricks will match, but certainly not ALL of them. This is what concerned me when "Castle" people started to voice concerns over "bley". I was thinking to myself that this is silly. Can you imagine living in the days when you actually built a castle for your home? "Uh, no. I don't want those rocks because they don't match the color of the other rocks!" You see, in some cases different shades of ANY color lend to the realistic effect of the sculpture.

As I said, I don't intend to anger anyone over this. I don't like to see my rail cars, which would have been painted at a factory, showing different shades of yellow, red, etc. But brick, or rock, walls appear quite normal when they DON'T give the appearance of having been "spray painted" on an assembly line.

Leg Godt, friends!!! *sweet*

Of course voicing your opinion is not offensive :-D I don't think the issue here is about it affecting the realism (as some people have posted along the same lines of what you said), it's more that the Lego quality (which has so far always been held to a high standard) is slipping. While it may add to realism here, the lessened quality might give you ten different shades of red for that train that was painted in a factory that you talked about.

As far as bley, the problem with that is that it has a very metallic look, which doesn't lend itself well to looking like rock at all. That isn't a quality control issue, it's just a stupid move on their part :-P