Sign in to follow this  
def

Eurobricks Mafia: Conclusion

Awww, you're so welcome for helping you! :tongue: That's what I do, help all kinds of people, good and evil! :grin: Yeah, I will admit I didn't quite know what I was doing, :tongue: I've never actually gotten to use a night action before, but that kill against badboy was luckily close to the end of the game. I am actually kind of mad that the game ended though. I had, like three of the scum pegged! :grin:

I am actually kind of mad that the game ended though. I had, like three of the scum pegged! :grin:

And like, three of the town pegged as scum, too!

:tongue:

I just noticed that Danny was a one-shot lie detector. Were you making fun of me, def? :laugh:

Not at all. I had planned to include the role months before Heartlake started, which was part of the reason Scumba's insistence it couldn't happen was moronic. It was going to appear this game. But it's also part of the reason I thought you were claiming it.

For the recruiters, two quick questions: did you know Shadows was going to be investigated the night you framed him, or was it dumb luck? And secondly, how confident were you that Adam and Potato were vanilla, recruitable players when you selected them?

With that, an apology to Scouty, I'm sorry your role was poorly worded. I was sloppy when sending out roles. I had them written in my book, but didn't type them up until after I'd posted the Night Zero thread. With Scouty, it was titled psychic, but I changed it as I was typing, not thinking about a werewolf game role (I've never played werewolf rules mafia).

Thank you :classic:

I think part of my night zero kill was because I got excited that I got excited that I had a night action that I actually got to use. :blush:

You got excited about getting excited? Oh, myyy.

I was close to suggesting Shadows to kill, but I still held reservations that he was town :sceptic: . Still, by the time you contacted me, our straight list of killing scum was too late to save the game. Fantastic that you got DP, though. A night sooner and you would've killed a townie, haha. Even more silly is that you were going to kill him based on his scummy behavior, just like in his past two games, when he was just town,and then you get him as he's getting converted. Brilliant :grin: ! Amy was second on that list, so either would have been just fine that night, too bad it was too late :cry_sad: .

You were in my list, too, but virtually everyone was. Scouty laid out my post-mortem case, but nobody latched onto that either. Too bad I didn't have time, with all the singing, to explain to him the further Scum tells I saw in our PMs. :hmpf:

Oops. :blush: Yeahhhhhh, I regret that I missed so much analysis. Though, CMP shared his pms with JimB with me and, JimB, that was super scummy of you there :laugh: . If I had lived and had another day to discuss things out, I probably would've gone after you, finally :laugh: . I just eased off after the Alopex ordeal...but anything I did would probably have done nothing to save us anyway.

What was TinyPies' role? I feel like I've redeemed myself quite a bit from the mess I caused in Heartlake..

He was the Protector. If only he protected me last night :cry_sad: .

That was fun.

I really appreciated you going into this in the spirit of the game after I explained that your role was virtually unwinnable. Maybe not trying to win so much was a kind of freedom...

Shadows only night action this game was to night kill me. I'm so heartbroken :cry_sad:

Way too many lurkers in this game. It gave scum a place to hide, and made the townie-townies stick out like a sore thumb, making there be no worry that the killers might kill a recruiter. How could they, when others were playing such a blatant townie game? Lurkers took the game, yet again.

For the recruiters, two quick questions: did you know Shadows was going to be investigated the night you framed him, or was it dumb luck? And secondly, how confident were you that Adam and Potato were vanilla, recruitable players when you selected them?

Dumb luck. We were actually trying to frame him, thinking that he was town. That's why we played so offensively instead of defensively; our reasoning was that we would protect any of our other teammates from investigation OR frame townies by targeting other people instead of ourselves.

We actually did know most of the power roles by Day 3 or so. We knew Pandora had something important, either Cop or Vig, Trumpet was probably the vig, TinyP we figured was the protector or tracker, Socuty had already claimed day doctor, I got miller out of Pie... That left Hinck as the blocker (who had died already), but that wasn't important by the time we realized it. The town gave us a lot of information this game.

As for your second question, yes, we figured only vanillas would be recruitable. Tammo and Adam seemed vanilla to us. So did DarthPotato, but we also used our converting role to investigate, as well. It was useful for know which players were either scum or had a power role.

Oops. :blush: Yeahhhhhh, I regret that I missed so much analysis. Though, CMP shared his pms with JimB with me and, JimB, that was super scummy of you there :laugh: . If I had lived and had another day to discuss things out, I probably would've gone after you, finally :laugh: . I just eased off after the Alopex ordeal...but anything I did would probably have done nothing to save us anyway.

I know it was scummy. And I knew you'd think it was. But not Pie. He trusted me too much. :grin:

You got excited about getting excited? Oh, myyy.

I mis-typed that. Wow, this is still all a lot to go through. And JimB, at least three is a decent guess. :tongue: I almost got back into the habit of talking totally, like, FabuGirl again. :tongue:

def, thanks for having me, too. It was a real pleasure, as confusing as it was. I do think my weapon could have been better, though. It was so hard to claim to people, because I was worried they might think I was scum! :laugh: Don't worry about the weapon, I'm just joking. :classic:

Oops. :blush: Yeahhhhhh, I regret that I missed so much analysis.

Yeahhhhhh, was it that I had to sing it? I laid out a pretty strong case against Shadows, although it was all in rhyming couplets. I understand that you guys backed off when Pandora got the "not Scum" reading". I admit, from the dead, I started to doubt my Scum-read of him less as well, but of course I never let it go. Then again, it's me. So, I never really trust my read of Shadows. I really did assume Shadows was either Godfather or tailored when I first saw Pandora say that she believed he was Town in thread. I didn't have a bad Scum-read on the actual Scum, although there were two or three townies in the mix of my strongest accusations.

Nightshroud! *shakes fist* How did you freaking survive through this, you Scummy little runt?? :tongue:

Draggy... :look: Um... what were you doing?

Pie, I thought you were Scum because you seemed to wanted to hook our teams up when I was about to be lynched.

Pandora and Scouty, I loved our Town talks. :wub: Best part of the game. :thumbup: Rick, we were playing together again for a bit. That was awesome. :blush:

Badboy, Scumbag. :tongue: I'm glad they listened to my suspicions about you. Pandora, one of my favorite moments was when you called badboy out on combing the threads and finding suspicious Scum-tells. Ego-centric as I am, I love when the things I do come back into play after my death. :blush:

I figured you could tell Adam and Potato were vanilla. I could tell from their uninterested posting, or so it appeared to me. Players who barely check in scream vanilla or scum, and in this game, you didn't want to do that. Not all vanillas were recruitable, just 8, meaning you had 1 in 3 to find them. With Adam, less than 1 in 5, and Potato even lower, but there was no doubt...

Dumb luck. We were actually trying to frame him, thinking that he was town.

Ah, here's some of that criticism, def. I do mean it to be constructive, please don't take offense. In Forest II, I gave the JOAT, a framer and a tailor. If they used the framer on themselves, it would make them appear Scum. If they used a tailor on a Townie, it would make them appear Townie. I think they should have to know exactly what they want from it. That is luck and it's a total pisser...

Congrats to the scum team. I wish I hadn't been killed before I could even start playing (damn you Zeph :tongue:), but it was fun to watch (and kind of painful to watch town slaughter themselves...)

The purpose was to give them something lucky. That was the intent. I figured it better than the self-destructing grenade. Next time, I'll stick with the self-destructing grenade.

Here's a joke:

Q: How do you tell when Hinck lost a game?

A: constructive criticism.

Heartlake's secret cult with multiple leaders? Totally fine. A tailor role? Totally overbalanced. What's the difference? Well, which side was Hinckley on.

Just a little constructive criticism.

The purpose was to give them something lucky. That was the intent. I figured it better than the self-destructing grenade. Next time, I'll stick with the self-destructing grenade.

Here's a joke:

Q: How do you tell when Hinck lost a game?

A: constructive criticism.

Heartlake's secret cult with multiple leaders? Totally fine. A tailor role? Totally overbalanced. What's the difference? Well, which side was Hinckley on.

Just a little constructive criticism.

def, there's no need to get defensive. I enjoyed the game. If you never want feedback, just say so. And I did tell DD that I thought the game was unbalanced and I said as much on your writeboard too. Sorry you don't like anyone to give you advice. I'll avoid it altogether in the future. Welcome back. I loved your game. :grin:

Thanks def for hosting this quite interesting experience and bringing new twists to the good ol' EB Mafia.

Players who barely check in scream vanilla or scum, and in this game, you didn't want to do that.

We didn't? That's exactly what I was going for. :tongue:

Not all vanillas were recruitable, just 8, meaning you had 1 in 3 to find them. With Adam, less than 1 in 5, and Potato even lower, but there was no doubt...

Interesting. We assumed any vanilla townie was recruitable. We struck lucky I guess. :grin:

Funny, I had Shadows pegged as town for most of the game. I figured he and Draggy were on different teams, but it was Draggy who I thought was scum. Good thing I didn't spill everything to him.

JimB, you were excellent in this game. You really took charge and lead us to a glorious victory. Alopex, it was a pleasure playing alongside you, as well as the new recruits Tammo and Adam. Good job team! And Badboy, Shadows and Nightshroud, congratulations to y'all too.

And Hinck, those songs were outstanding. :grin:

def, there's no need to get defensive. I enjoyed the game. If you never want feedback, just say so. And I did tell DD that I thought the game was unbalanced and I said as much on your writeboard too. Sorry you don't like anyone to give you advice. I'll avoid it altogether in the future. Welcome back. I loved your game. :grin:

Thanks

I figured you could tell Adam and Potato were vanilla. I could tell from their uninterested posting, or so it appeared to me.

Sorry if my posts didn't sound interesting. :sadnew: My theories on Day 2, looking back at them, were worded badly and my arguments didn't really make sense at times. I was sort of trying to play a completely different game then I did before but I wasn't sure how at first. But still, this was only my first game as Town so there's still plenty of room for improvement.

Ah, here's some of that criticism, def. I do mean it to be constructive, please don't take offense. In Forest II, I gave the JOAT, a framer and a tailor. If they used the framer on themselves, it would make them appear Scum. If they used a tailor on a Townie, it would make them appear Townie. I think they should have to know exactly what they want from it. That is luck and it's a total pisser...

I have to agree with def here, at least about the tailor role being balanced. The role says specifically that a tailor "tailors" the cop's results to his liking. So, reversing the results. We did know exactly what the role would do, that was NOT luck. We got lucky targeting the right person at the right time, and that has nothing to do with game mechanics.

Now onto some personal thoughts of several players I had interaction with -

Alopex, you lurked in thread, which is usually frowned upon but it worked for you this game, at least for most of it. It was my fault that you got killed, ordering the block on Pandora instead of Big Cam at the last minute, but you still won with us. I wish that you and Amy had expressed your thoughts and advice in PM a little more, it felt like I was on my own for a little while. But during your time getting lynched, you were very helpful and helped us to victory.

Iamded, same thing with the lurking and being kind of quiet in PM. I would have appreciated your thoughts a little more, although I understand if you didn't really know what to do. It just would've been nice to have someone bounce ideas off of. It was still fun playing with you, though. :sweet:

Tammo, I was so glad when we were able to convert you. You were more active and expressed yourself a lot more in PM, so it was really nice to have someone to talk to (more often). I'd say you've really improved your game over the last few. :thumbup:

Adam, I was also very impressed with you, for the short time you were with us. I remember you being a good player back in the old days of EB mafia, before you left for a while, but I wasn't sure how well you'd do after such a long hiatus. You did great, and you saw things that I did not, which is exactly what I was hoping for. Really nice job.

DarthPotato - Uh, congrats on winning? Sorry you were with us for such a short amount of time. :tongue:

Hinckley and CallMePie - well, I didn't get away from all your suspicions, but I still feel bad for duping you. :blush: I still meant what I said in PM, besides the fact that I was town. :tongue:

Shadows, Nightshroud, and Badboy - glad we could win together! You already know this, but we didn't trust you until the very last day. You guys also played a great game, and killed wisely. The biggest thing that could've done us in this game (besides revealing ourselves to a townie) would have been you killing us. So good job not doing that. :laugh: I am curious about your claim that all of your messages were on Steam, though.

I think that's everyone... Scouty, I already addressed your suspicions on me. :tongue:

I think that's everyone... Scouty, I already addressed your suspicions on me. :tongue:

Scum :tongue:

Well that was interesting. :laugh: I'm glad we were beginning to pull together at the end there, killing off several scum and finding several more leads, but against the power of that daily conversion we'd pretty much already lost after getting the numbers so close sadly. The scum had a good idea of who the power roles were and I'd already raised the idea that they probably couldn't be converted. If we don't have another game with a conversion role in it for quite some time I will be very happy, it has been so over used recently on EB. :laugh: Still, really enjoyable game def, I had fun trying to find all the scummy scum in a sneaky and different way. If we'd had another day I would have been right on iamded for the scummy little chat we had before, that was pretty hilarious. :laugh:

Draggy... :look: Um... what were you doing?

I could ask the same, you didn't do much to help yourself! :tongue: Suspecting Scouty, then me, then Pandy, then Shadows, we didn't really have much confidence in you... but no matter, I think it was a great learning experience for everyone, as we were forced to think in such a different way to get through it! Very fun.

If we hadn't had that explosion on day 2 I wish we had gone after iamded's terrible vote for me on day one! Nobody commented on that at all after I kept raising it. :cry_sad:

If we hadn't had that explosion on day 2 I wish we had gone after iamded's terrible vote for me on day one! Nobody commented on that at all after I kept raising it. :cry_sad:

If only. But the same can be said of my constant suspicions on JimB! :sad: !

I could ask the same, you didn't do much to help yourself! :tongue: Suspecting Scouty, then me, then Pandy, then Shadows, we didn't really have much confidence in you...

Yes, I did suspect a lot of people, but the ones you mentioned should've been confirmed as Town after I was dead. And the song where I accused Pandora, I said I wasn't sure and I said I knew I would make the better lynch because there would be too many questions otherwise. I disagree with you. I think I did a lot to help myself and the Town, but then again, that's a pretty subjective statement. Regardless of the way I may have lead or misled people, I mean what were you doing behind the scenes? It sounded like you were on Steam with Shadows again. You didn't pick up any Scum tells from him? Were you planning Night Actions with the Scouty group?

You didn't pick up any Scum tells from him? Were you planning Night Actions with the Scouty group?

Indeed, Pandy, Scouty and I were all 'confirmed' as town somewhat after you died, although that may not have been helpful since we needed to pretend to be scum in order to catch scum! Shadows was also checked by Pandy and found town, so I didn't really have any reason to go after him after that unless he did something notably scummy. He did his usual thing in PM, I was suspicious but not enough to justify a lynch, I would have needed some proof. We don't really talk about Mafia other than to shout accusations at each other you know. :wink: I was the tracker, so I worked with Scouty and caught Alopex in the act. I did find it slightly odd that Nightshroud added me on steam, not sure what he wanted but he didn't say much to me... :laugh:

Indeed, Pandy, Scouty and I were all 'confirmed' as town somewhat after you died, although that may not have been helpful since we needed to pretend to be scum in order to catch scum! Shadows was also checked by Pandy and found town, so I didn't really have any reason to go after him after that unless he did something notably scummy. He did his usual thing in PM, I was suspicious but not enough to justify a lynch, I would have needed some proof. We don't really talk about Mafia other than to shout accusations at each other you know. :wink: I was the tracker, so I worked with Scouty and caught Alopex in the act. I did find it slightly odd that Nightshroud added me on steam, not sure what he wanted but he didn't say much to me... :laugh:

:laugh: Fun...

Sign in to follow this