Sign in to follow this  
enoa

The Lost Temple - An Awesome Islander MOC!!!

The Brickshelf gallery is here (normal size)

and for the lazy birds (some pics resized for the thread) :

temple_perdu_02%20[800x600].jpg

temple_perdu_03%20[800x600].jpg

temple_perdu_05%20[800x600].jpg

Just a little MOC based on set 6278 (Enchanted Island), i add a little pyramid and two little ruined towers for making a temple ready for sacrifices 8-o . War drums are already into action and the islanders are waiting for victims (perhaps these imperials soldiers which have just landed on the beach).

I try to make some various islanders minifigs by using parts such as a pirate hat (the guy is a former explorer), or an the new exoforce haircut (for the "champion") and a beastmaster (with the two whips).There is the guy "emperor Achu" because i really like the minifig :-D (the guy in the dark jail is a from a castle set, wolfpack i guess, thank to the insigna on his torso).

Well just a tiny MOC, not a big deal.

PS : correct Mister Phes i'm french.

Good lord, thats a beautiful scene. Lots of details...

You seem to have a nice army of islanders Mr. enoa!

... i'm french.

Don't worry, nobody is perfect :-D

All those who complain there's not enough Islander MOCs better be following this thread.

This is a very magnificent creation and probably the best Islander MOC I've ever seen. Its certainly much better than my two feeble Islander creations.

None the less its very inspiring any maybe one day if I have the time and space I'll build a better Islander MOC.

Beautiful work on this Islander layout! *y*

I especially like the way you used the 6256 sail to make some sort of tent.

Those baseplates are very useful in creating a small island in the middle, I did something like it myself some time ago and it really works!

You sure have lots of islander minifigs...

Mr Enoa, I'm wondering why you've described this as a "small" Islander Temple? This is the biggest Islander temple MOC I've seen so far so perhaps I should rename the description to make the thread seem more impressive - after all the MOC is impressive and so should the thread title!

Well, at the begining i was thinking of making an islanders city including a temple (with a sacrifice altar), various house (with canvas roof and palm tree roof) and a shipyard (for making canoe only) but it was too ambitious (i don't have enough bricks :-D) so i only made this temple.

The city is still in project, i'm only waiting for ebay auction. I will update the threat with pictures and comment with the new features.

[edit] i can't edit the name of the thread, only my post, but fell free to rename it as you want Mister Phes. (sorry but i'm not used to IPB)

Users cannot Edit thread titles so it has to be done by a Moderator or an Administrator. So I've renamed it... Tell me what you think, is the new thread title and description more fitting?

Nice Islander MOC *y*

**writes notes down for his future islander moc**

Hey is there a sacrifiing alter on there? That'd be cool if there were skeletons by the sacrificing alter. :skel1: ;-)

May I ask you where this guy got the hat?

He is a former explorer or perhaps he just killed the explorer and took his hat :-D (or worst, he ate him but i like the idea that islanders are vegetarians)

Nice work, Mr. Enoa! The Step Pyramid temple is a great idea that I've never seen in a MOC before! Achu, as always, blends in well and the Exo hair is cute too. *y*

I'd love to build an islander city and I have sufficient pieces, but I have no islander figs or an Achu. sad.gif

Your avatar looks like it follows the most prized heritage of Eurobricks, creating dreadfully off-topic discussions in unrelating threads! At least in the French perception, anyways.

temple_perdu_09.jpg

So here we have Emperor Achu front and centre while King Kahuka is down a step, and then there's another King Kahuka in the top left. How's this work? Are the Islanders in the Kahuka masks elite warriors or play slightly less significant roles than they do in official LEGO sets?

War drums are already into action and the islanders are waiting for victims (perhaps these imperials soldiers which have just landed on the beach).

Ha! The mighty Imperial Forces, defeated by Primitive Islanders? Ha! Don't make me laugh, oh... wait you just did. HA!

The Ewoks helped defeat the mighty Imperial Forces in Return of the Jedi, so...

Think about it... Lucas only wanted to show that even the little guy could beat the big guy, so that was unrealistic.

Think, the imperials have muskets and many other technologies the islanders don't have, so please be realistic...

Yes, Mr Norrington you've got a good point because in most instances the more technologically advanced civilisations usually conquered the less technologically civilisations. But the point is not everything has to be 100% historically accurate in fiction.

Having mentioned that Captain Cook met his demise to less technologically advanced race, so why couldn't it happen in other instances?

HTML has been disabled for security reasons.

But what's the point in sharing these tune? How does it relate to thread or the MOC in question? Just coincidentally two nights ago I watched Rocky for the first time...

hey this is a really nice islander MOC... thanks for pointing it out to me Phes ;-)

good job enoa, and welcome to EB. you seem to have captured the essence of the islanders very well in your MOC. and great use of pieces. i love the decorated 10 degree slopes, and the balcony-like drum stage. at first i thought it was a spectators balcony because of the canopy over it :-D i thought the women and children were watching :skel1:

the placement of the baseplates coupled with the pyramid design is fantastic *y*

--------------------------------------------------

May I ask you where this guy got the hat?
you can,... or you could just read his initial post :-P

So here we have Emperor Achu front and centre while King Kahuka is down a step, and then there's another King Kahuka in the top left. How's this work? Are the Islanders in the Kahuka masks elite warriors or play slightly less significant roles than they do in official LEGO sets?
i don't care much for the inclusion of achu in islander MOCs... it kinda undermined the great kahuka. based on his roles in official LEGO sets, he seems to be intended as the ruler of the south pacific islanders, not a second or third. i like to keep true to LEGOs vision. however, if anyone in the pirate forum follows my western MOC they should already know that :-D

Ha! The mighty Imperial Forces, defeated by Primitive Islanders? Ha! Don't make me laugh, oh... wait you just did. HA!
it seems to be a common theme to undermined the islanders as a powerful force in the LEGO pirate world.

you kinda have to put them in context though... it's not like the islander catamaran is going up against the caribbean clipper... and it's not like an army of imperial soldiers would line up their cannons against an army of islanders... it just wouldn't happen. islanders don't follow civilized battle guildlines of lineing up for war... they are on the "predator and prey" system :skel1:

the islanders advantage is their environment. crocodiles, hidden traps, swinging vines, falling rope bridges.

yes, on a plain open surface the soldiers would win a battle against the islanders (i mean, it's the only way imperial soldiers know how to do a land battle, anyway). instead, imagine them in a jungle or volcanic island, far from the environment they are comfortable with, and they would fall victim to the headhunters for sure. plus, it's not like the imperials would take an entire army after the islanders anyway... it's more likely that a few settlers, claiming uncharted territories, become overwhelmed by the surprise attack of the natives.

you really have to put it in context.

so enoa, are the islanders one of your favorite themes ???

can we expect to see some more ???

or is this a one-shot venture ???

personally, i want to see some more X-D

- BrickMiner

you kinda have to put them in context though... it's not like the islander catamaran is going up against the caribbean clipper... and it's not like an army of imperial soldiers would line up their cannons against an army of islanders... it just wouldn't happen. islanders don't follow civilized battle guildlines of lineing up for war... they are on the "predator and prey" system

Actully the islanders don't know the imperials are they're yet, according to the pictures, so the Imperials might just line up all their cannons and all fire on the temple where they're all concentrated and then invade the city where the islanders can't hide and have to face them hed on.

plus, the imperials have cannons. : P

so enoa, are the islanders one of your favorite themes ???

can we expect to see some more ???

or is this a one-shot venture ???

personally, i want to see some more X-D

- BrickMiner

Islanders aren't my favourite theme, but you can expect to see another islanders based MOC, currently I don't have much time to spend for Lego but i will reply to the post as soon as i have new things to show.

Well for the "history" debate i don't care about it, islanders are just islanders, they aren't aztecs, mayas or incas. So it's quite difficult to talk about "history" thing for islanders. In my opinion Islanders are quite a mix of these civilisations with ideas from Africa tribes such as the crocodiles, the masks (like voodoo masks?) and Rapa Nui for the big statues. Islanders represent an impressive mix of civilisations.

I haven't think about the King Kahuka duplication, perhaps i'm gonna create an elite troop based on the red masks including a powerful shaman (beware of curses & voodoo dolls :-D ).

In my opinion Islanders are quite a mix of these civilisations with ideas from Africa tribes such as the crocodiles, the masks (like voodoo masks?) and Rapa Nui for the big statues. Islanders represent an impressive mix of civilisations.

I like the way put this. I don't think I've ever read anyone with this perspective because they majority just write them off as solely being inspired by the cultures of the South Pacific.

I look forward to your next Islander MOC!

The pic's of the imperials landing on the beach...

Like Mr Enoa said 'Well for the "history" debate i don't care about it' so it really doesn't matter what the Imperials are doing in other continuities because only Enoa's counts in this MOC