Bob De Quatre

Future of SW Contest: The Negotiator

Soon after the fall of the empire, a strange fleet appeared near the Abuda system, coming from the Unknown Regions.

A Hutt by the name of Getta, of the Desilijic clan, had anticipated the overthrown of the empire and planned to regain dominion over the former Hutt space, taking advantage of the chaos that would follow.

Hidden in the outer border of the galaxy, the Hutt gathered all kind of ships, from the smallest starfighter, mostly Uglies, to the largest. He managed to lure empire’s officer to join him after the death of both the Emperor and Dark Vador. Getta got rid of all these officers, but treated the technicians, soldiers and pilots kindly enough to assure him their support.

The jewels of his fleet were two star destroyer and an old Hutt civilian cruiser: the Negotiator.

Getta’s tactic was simple. The fleet would position in orbit and the planets officials were “invited” aboard the Negotiator to discuss their submission to the Hutts. Of course if the negotiation failed, new officials were brought aboard, and no-one ever heard again of the formers... Rumors said that inside the ship a ferocious beast was given the task to ends the negotiations with the unwilling.

The main feature of the Negotiator was it’s gigantic solar wings, that allowed him to move when speed wasn’t necessary. It’s main hangar could receive ships up to meters long, like the CR90 corvette. Additionally, two smaller hangar doors could be used by smaller ships.

The ship relied on it’s powerfull shields to protect itself against any menace, as it wasn’t officially equipped with weapon system.

8415420298_7a16ea7a8e_c.jpg

8414323097_b305a3ca62_c.jpg

8415419810_6c62c84063_c.jpg

8414323373_d29b023fb4_c.jpg

8415419486_aaa460e9b3.jpg

8415419584_a479f180cf.jpg

8415419046_d02b891469.jpg

8414322985_1cfd4b009c.jpg

8414321849_2eb9297dc9_c.jpg

About this MOC:

I've thought about a Hutt fleet since a few years now. So when the Future of Star Wars Contest started I knew I would build a Hutt spaceship.

What I had in mind when I started was some big red wings, like the sails of the famous Jabba's sail barge.

The bricks used for this MOC come from two sources, my (very) old and dusty bricks from when I was young, and the bricks from my SSD that I bought in the last few month.

Needless to say that my SSD wasn't really pleased by that decision. He's still proudly standing, completely naked and with a peg leg as the one used for the Negotiator is the main rear leg of the SSD that I just chopped off :sweet:

I wish I could add more greebles, but due to lack of bricks, I decided to let it as is.

And I'm a studfull guy!! I know it may seems "strange" for some of you, but I grew up at a time when the term "studless" didn't even existed. For me the studs are a part of what defines Lego, so I don't mind them...

I hope you appreciate what I've built (twice...). :classic:

Edited by Bob De Quatre

Looks great, could have maybe done with some greebling to give it some detail and break up the flat studded surfaces, otherwise a very promising entry, good luck

Impressive work Bob :thumbup: :thumbup: I like the backstory too; good luck :wink:

Thanks all for your kinds comments :classic:

Love it! Love the back story and everything! Do you have a flickr account with some of you other creations? I would love to see them.

I have a flickr account (click on any picture) but that MOC is the first thing I've built since 15 years, not counting the SSD and some small MOCs on the sci-fi forum. So not many things on my flickr :wink:

Not too shabby at all; back story and all! I love the coloring on it.

At first I thought "It's pretty big... he LDD-ed it" but then I looked closer and saw you actually build it. Ace! :classic:

Nice work Bob, you clearly put a lot of effort into this :thumbup: There's some nice details in it, and I like the red and grey mixture, although it could possibly done with a little more greebling. Have you considered adding a minifigure in one of the photos to give a better idea of the size of it?

Good luck in the competition :classic:

Nice work Bob, you clearly put a lot of effort into this :thumbup: There's some nice details in it, and I like the red and grey mixture, although it could possibly done with a little more greebling. Have you considered adding a minifigure in one of the photos to give a better idea of the size of it?

Good luck in the competition :classic:

Thank you. I've spent a lot of time in it... And I had to rebuilt it since it falled from my desk two weeks ago :wall:

As I said, I couldn't add greebles due to lack of the right bricks. I'm not happy with the lack of greebles either, and I'm not happy with the shape, as I had to change what I had in mind again due to lack of bricks... That's also why it's so asymmetric.

And for a comparison pic, here is the ship with my (and DFOL's) sigfig :wink:

8421268562_698a65c442_c.jpg

2013-01-27 20.09.59 par BobDeQuatre, sur Flickr

Edited by Bob De Quatre

Sweet! The minifigure you have, is that like part of the model or for scale only. Because you could add some minifigures as crew members of the ship. Good luck with the contest!

Sweet! The minifigure you have, is that like part of the model or for scale only. Because you could add some minifigures as crew members of the ship. Good luck with the contest!

The minifig is just for scale as Lobot asked for it.

That graphic is well done and helpfully. I figured that top part was the bridge... But that cleared it all up. I kind of like the shaping and asymmetry. As you can probably tell I tend towards studless building, but I can appreciate those who embrace them and do it well. Nice build. Good luck in them contest.

Its pretty rare to see ships without the SNOT technique. This build has a really cool "old-school" feel because of all the studs showing. I LOVE it! Greeblies could be more interesting, but I think I prefer it without them. It seems truer to the Star Wars style.

Its pretty rare to see ships without the SNOT technique. This build has a really cool "old-school" feel because of all the studs showing. I LOVE it! Greeblies could be more interesting, but I think I prefer it without them. It seems truer to the Star Wars style.

Thanks. For me it's not an "old-school" feel, it's a normal feel :laugh: . Maybe it's because I've brickbuilt nothing since the XB-13 :grin:

Very impressive! at first I thought it was rendered until I saw the close ups, I see were is this heading to, good.

Very impressive! at first I thought it was rendered until I saw the close ups, I see were is this heading to, good.

Thanks Nom Carver :classic: