What a great thread. I'd like to think that I'm improving since I have less crappy builds these days, but this Offroad Tricycle is a big offender. The center of gravity was way too high, and pendular suspensions need a counter-balance on the other axle(s), not a pivot point. It was so bad that I actually set the video to circus music.

L0.jpg

I have to agree, that's not too bad! At least it doesn't look like it...

At least they look somewhat finished.

Can't say that to 75% of my MOC's, that I usually break down...

Probably my first attempt at a car with a body. That was about 18 months ago when I only had the MINDSTORMS EV3 set and a motorized excavator. It had drive, steering, a 4-speed gearbox (manual), a full body and headlights :P. The headlights were done with LEDs and I used a PF battery pack JUST FOR THE LIGHTS. What was I thinking?!? If you're wondering, the car ended up weighing far too much and simply wouldn't drive.

My first electrical motor drive-train. Pushed the output of an XL and an L motor into an adder (inspired by Sariel's book). Each side was powered by its own 9V battery pack. Early work (only took photos then) here:

rxRzaQv.jpg

Later revisions sent both outputs into another differential. Rotational speed and torque seemed pretty good, and I felt pretty happy. I threw the output down the middle of a Technic turntable to a live axle (with yet another diff) and switched all motors on.

The frame didn't move. I ended up gearing down as much as I could using portal axles and that barely got it moving. I'm trying to make another drive-train with zero diffs in the hope that it'll avoid the issue.

Edited by davebarrett

Very entertaining thread.... it's only fair to contribute myself, here's an early horror from shortly after my dark ages:

http://www.moc-pages.../moc.php/196292

It was done with pre-1982 stuff and an 8880. Still no excuse for working less than well and looking worse...

the truck itself looks fine and the boom is actually really impressive

Mine would be my first (and last, until I get some proper wheels) attempt at making a supercar-like MOC, it looks pretty good for the parts I had, but the gears for steering skipped to easily, and I used a worm gear for the drive, as I could only fit a worm gear in the sport I had, but I didn't brace it properly, causing it to slide backward on the axle if you tried to drive it forward.

Pics

800x600.jpg

Link for more pics http://bricksafe.com/pages/XtremeBuilder/nxt-coolcar

I've got a couple I would love to share! They are old so pictures for them are lost :( here are videos instead!

They're all red and offroad... ouch.

They all taught me how not to build bodies and offroad.

Edited by BrickbyBrickTechnic

My like 3rd moc

Everything about it was perfect except for the fact it is incredibly ugly.

Though there was not much I could do about it because of the great suspension travel and body design...

Since it's been revived, I found some pictures of a 5 axle tower crane that failed in an epic manner.

cranefail1.jpg

cranefail3.jpg

cranefail2.jpg

Bad proportions, not enough room in the superstructure, critical structural flaws, and not enough parts.Oh, and so much color barf.

This hugely complicated robot was supposed to solve the "Professor Game", but it was an absolute nightmare to program (3 motors, but 6 functions, unreliable compas, etc.) and ate gears for breakfast:

994pg_front.jpg

I'm planning on a new version with EV3 instead so that I don't have to make mechanical multiplexers.

7 hours ago, JamesJT said:

The force is weak with this one...

You can add some bad guys one the tracks you would need to not hit them, that would be funnier.

Edited by Milan
Let's not quote pics and videos from the same page.

On 7/5/2017 at 3:05 PM, JamesJT said:

The force is weak with this one...

I can see how it actually looks bad. Using the conveyor belt pieces and continuously moving them is not the best idea ever, because not only does, from that angle, not look like the Death Star trench, but also because of the fact that it keeps repeating. 

Edited by Perry

An attempt to make a pick&carry crane Terex MAC 25-3.

02_fronf_right.jpg

This was the first MOC built from A to Z I did after years of nothing.
So some issues:
- The design is ugly, particularly

• the face
  • the cabin which is completly messed up
  • The colours

- The function are not well done: bad choice of motor and technical solution. The MOC is slow, not very responsive, fun fun to play.
- The boom is not telescopic, and that's a shame.

Brickshelf of the thing here

I didn't had much parts at this time (42030 and 42043 only), so a new try can maybe gives something good this time (yes it's on my project list).

Ok so I've got a lot :)

This was supposed to be a microscale Museum of modern art :) Rip

36437297025_4a03660d20_b.jpg11 by Movie Mocs, on Flickr

36437297485_1b791c88d3_b.jpg12 by Movie Mocs, on Flickr

This one was supposed to be a hover bike...it didn't hover...or even look like it did...

36437293065_28410b13fe_b.jpgHover 2 by Movie Mocs, on Flickr

Treadcycle...?! Just no.

36437289805_bb26b43cb4_b.jpgyes (6) by Movie Mocs, on Flickr

LEGO Factory...Solid idea...couldn't do much cuz I was 6 with 700 parts...yikes

36268896202_2b7f974db3_b.jpg014 by Movie Mocs, on Flickr

Last and...well not least once you saw my other failed mocs...A yellow house. With flat walls. and studded floors. and a balcony with 1x2's that make it look like a castle. and a battle droid sleeping on the bed

35602311324_ae15e56f63_b.jpg119 by Movie Mocs, on Flickr

35629494903_9ebea160e5_b.jpg133 by Movie Mocs, on Flickr

(Red circle is the battle droid :)

36391762506_4ab041d23b_b.jpg192 by Movie Mocs, on Flickr

Well, most of these were when I was 8-10 but...well...I have no excuse, they failed, so hard :)

4 hours ago, MattL600 said:

And it is... I love it!

Oh...thanks?

lol, I like your car too (Billy) but I feel like in that video you completely destroyed the springs :)

7 hours ago, MovieMocs said:

Oh...thanks?

lol, I like your car too (Billy) but I feel like in that video you completely destroyed the springs :)

Oh... Does it affect spring life? 

Oh no XD

14 minutes ago, MattL600 said:

Oh... Does it affect spring life? 

Oh no XD

No, it doesn't. But that was halarious :) Almost 30 seconds of just pushing it up and down ;)

A hippo that can only eat an poo... Complete with feeder and cleaner staff!!! Say what you will but I love him!!! :wub::wub:

Another I could mention is "The Head Ripper". It was a half meter tall humanoid, used two NXTs and all it could do was rip it's own head off with an incredibly complicated arm!!! I didn't take any pictures though :cry_sad: