Prelude:

Prelude 1: Chapter II of the Quest for the Alleenridders

Prelude 2: Evacuation in Mpya Stedor

Prelude 3: Changing Clothes

Prelude 4: March to Mpya Stedor (by Niku)

Prelude 5:

It was early in the morning.

On their run to Mpya Stedor, the Alleenridders suddenly saw a mysterious in front of them.

The 30 knights took their swords and headed to him. Suddenly the figure said:

"Gegroet zijt u !!"

Lord Max Samu yelled to his companions:

"Stop!! He is an I.A.M.S.-member!

En U ook... What are you doing here?"

(spy) "Sir Freh Poa sent us out to scout the enemy army. I had the task to also wait for you so I could update you guys with the situation"

(Lord Damaximus) "Tell us everything you know!"

(spy) "Lord Valsharess passed here last night with 300 men and also some ballistas, catapults, mages, ... They are travelling by night. Based on their speed, they will arrive at Mpya Stedor tomorrow morning around 4 o'clock!"

(Damaximus) "So we are only a few hours behind them? Men, it's time to take a last rest! Scout, you know the area here? Give us a safe spot please!"

(spy) "Yes Mylord!"

(Sir Gah Rydog) "How long can we sleep? What are your plans?"

(Damaximus) " We will sleep 6 hours, we will need it! After that we will make a little detour so we will attack them from the South and not from the West!"

(Knight of Count Niku) "Wait!? What??"

(Max Samu) "I think I know what his plans are. We will lose indeed very important time, but we will have a great advantage!"

(Sir Ereh Ahn Roblaw) "The Blinding Moment! Yes of course!"

(Count Niku's Knight) "Seriously, can someone help me please? I am starting to think that the sun burned your brains!"

(Damaximus) "When you are attacking Mpya Stedor by foot, you can only attack it on the West side as the other sides are the sea or the mountain. So if you attack the city, you are looking to the East, the place where the sun comes up in the morning. The walls are built that way that at 6 o'clock exactly, the sun climbs over the walls. If you are in front of them at that moment, you have only 2 options:

or you look away or you keep looking and the city will be the last thing your eyes will ever see... The sunlight is really strong.

So if we would attack them from behind, that would mean that we are also facing the East. That's why we have to attack them from the South! (note: in the North, it are the Rakath Mountains)"

(the unnamed Knight) "I see... So the battle would be on for already 2 hours then?"

(Damaximus) "Indeed, we can only hope that it will last long enough to arrive in time. Sir Tomvaximus knows about the Blinding Moment, so I guess he will do also a counterattack on that moment, riding out with all the knights who are still in the city! It's the only chance we have to win this battle..."

The Battle of Mpya Stedor - 4 O'Clock in the morning

8419876184_6d05f9f28b_c.jpg

(the old title can be found in the spoiler)

8414600390_8ede7691b1_c.jpg

8414615568_40e35904bf_c.jpg

8413519087_659d9c6db2_c.jpg

8413522359_7b22e77aa9_c.jpg

8414634602_ab499c1b0f_c.jpg

8413546175_dbfe2d96f8_c.jpg

=> Queen Valsharess with her bodyguards, given by Victor Revolword. On their way to Mpya Stedor, they held a small competition to kill as many peasants as possible. You may all guess who lost the competition and what the consequences was for him :laugh:

8414659278_270d68ae4e_c.jpg

=> Defending the Gate

The Battle Of Mpya Stedor - 5.55 O'clock in the morning

8413510401_06f6e6cb3f_c.jpg

8414726104_ce3705bd66_c.jpg

The Battle Of Mpya Stedor - 6 O'Clock in the Morning - The Blinding Moment

8413630917_b436aa5820_c.jpg

=> Counter Attack of the army of Mpya Stedor

8414606726_c148678030_c.jpg

=> Arrival of Lord Damaximus in the South

8414603588_ffdde06b7b_c.jpg

=> Unexpected help from King Dragonius XXV, King of Drakrydar, on his legendary Golden Dragon!

Aftermath

Half an hour later, the last enemy was captured and Valsharess imprisoned. Her head will be a gift for our good friends the Drow.

A lot of good soldiers died in the battle, but the city is safe again!

2 days later, the promised reinforcements of the Guilds of Ximus & Atlarka arrived, just like the troops sent by other allies...

Lord Damaximus would like to thank the Guild of Varlyrio, Eastgate, the Guild of Drakrydar and Count Niku of Avalonia for the soldiers they sent in time!

He will now rebuild the city first and then he will march to Cedrica, to eliminate Victor Revolword and make an end to all the madness going on...

There are around 40 pictures of this event on my Flickr!!!

All waiting for you!!

Check it out here:

Thanks for viewing (and reading!)

C&C ofcourse welcome!

Edited by DaMaximus

Very nice layout! The moat is a nice detail that we don't see much surprisingly :thumbup:

Some neat figs and the sheer numbers are impressive :classic:

Oh my! That's impressive! Wow. Fantastic job on this one!

Hard to photograph a scene that big, isn't it? Good job getting the sheets up all around it. Maybe pick one picture you really like and try to erase (or blur) the sheets background in it?

No criticism of this one really; it looks great. Perhaps the ground/sand could have used a bit more texture (via some tan plates), but you probably just wanted to get it done at that point. And that would have made it harder to position all of Valsharess' troops.

Glad to hear the walls held. Are there any pictures of the battle really in progress? I looked on Flickr and didn't see any. Like some real fighting, or the moment when Valsharess was captured?

You've been talking-the-talk for quite a while, nice to see that you can walk-the-walk too!

Edited by NiceMarmot

Very nice build, my favorite picture is the first one.

Very nice layout! The moat is a nice detail that we don't see much surprisingly :thumbup:

Some neat figs and the sheer numbers are impressive :classic:

I put the moat in the lay-out to make the distance between the enemy and the wall bigger :laugh: I also wanted to try that water technique :classic:

Oh my! That's impressive! Wow. Fantastic job on this one!

Hard to photograph a scene that big, isn't it? Good job getting the sheets up all around it. Maybe pick one picture you really like and try to erase (or blur) the sheets background in it?

No criticism of this one really; it looks great. Perhaps the ground/sand could have used a bit more texture (via some tan plates), but you probably just wanted to get it done at that point. And that would have made it harder to position all of Valsharess' troops.

Glad to hear the walls held. Are there any pictures of the battle really in progress? I looked on Flickr and didn't see any. Like some real fighting, or the moment when Valsharess was captured?

You've been talking-the-talk for quite a while, nice to see that you can walk-the-walk too!

Honestly, when I was creating the real battle-scene, I already had to remove some minifigs as it was becoming one big mess :blush: That's why I only took 2 global pictures of that scene.

I firstly intended to create a really epic final battle and take a dozen pictures of it, but after repositioning some of the figures I wasn't happy with the result (again, it was becoming a mess)...

The scene is still completely intact, so maybe tomorrow I will try again, but this time just one small battle by one... Maybe this will be better :classic: But I can't promise anything :tongue:

I tried to do some extra texture to break the flatness, but only in the corner where Valsharess stands, it worked out very well. At the other places, I removed it again due the reason you mentioned: it's indeed hard to position troops when there is relief :sceptic:

Even during all of this smack talk, I always kept hope that Mpya Stedor would begin total war with a victory. It inspires us all, I just hope those at Queenscross are safe. Albion has yet to be even confronted as they are being held off on the Mesodraconem River. The Hand is full of dreadful "Kamikaze" berzerkers that run out into the shallow parts of the river and fling axes across the ways, impaling ships and turning small rafts over with great strength. Time can only tell how long these ships will stand. One thing we do know is that there will be confrontation just outside the walls of Albion.

Even during all of this smack talk, I always kept hope that Mpya Stedor would begin total war with a victory. It inspires us all, I just hope those at Queenscross are safe. Albion has yet to be even confronted as they are being held off on the Mesodraconem River. The Hand is full of dreadful "Kamikaze" berzerkers that run out into the shallow parts of the river and fling axes across the ways, impaling ships and turning small rafts over with great strength. Time can only tell how long these ships will stand. One thing we do know is that there will be confrontation just outside the walls of Albion.

One of the first things I will do is sending an army to Queenscross (soldiers & archers) & Albion (knights). However I fear that it will be for next week :sceptic:

And I thought I had a big army. Amazing mini-figs. But wasn't the wall already built?

I was surprised myself to be honest :laugh:

Well, I built the wall, gate & tower indeed already a long time ago, but this is the first time they are connected. Also the gate has changed a bit (a brand new shining tower on it for example), the walls are completely redone (but you really have to look good to see the differences). Also the tower changed a bit (it has an extra door opening now). And there is a second wall who is completely new (a part of it can be seen in the last picture. I have to admit I forgot some battlements on it :blush: ).

There is also some freshly new rock work & a moat, so I guess the whole lay-out can count as a new MOC :classic:

Wow, epic scale. I had wanted to so a scene sending the Mpya Stedor Trade Contingent back with some Nestlands characters, but you beat me to creating the battle. Maybe I'll do a scene with them on the road home, picking off some enemy that ran from the battle.

I was going to send the fleshmage Neord Bloodmane, but looks like you don't need him. His head is expensive if you don't have it, anyway. I will send some other Nestlands characters, though, ones that will be easier to recreate with any fleshies you might have on hand.

Wow, this is gigantic, don't hink I could wind up an armies as large as this. Anyway, two things I'd change.

#1. you have all those new horses, why don't you have them to do some more action?

#2. I thing that your moat's borders are to strait, there needs to be some more work on making this look less straight.

Given the above, I really thing Mpya Stedor has become an awesome place, make sure you protect the Mitgardian embassy there!!

@all:

Looks like I accidentally removed the link to the flickr set the first time :laugh:

Normally it is working now :classic:

Wow, epic scale. I had wanted to so a scene sending the Mpya Stedor Trade Contingent back with some Nestlands characters, but you beat me to creating the battle. Maybe I'll do a scene with them on the road home, picking off some enemy that ran from the battle.

I was going to send the fleshmage Neord Bloodmane, but looks like you don't need him. His head is expensive if you don't have it, anyway. I will send some other Nestlands characters, though, ones that will be easier to recreate with any fleshies you might have on hand.

Well, there are a lot of troops arriving too late to the party :laugh: We'll be happy to invite the characters who were on their way to the city to celebrate our victory! :classic:

Wow, this is gigantic, don't hink I could wind up an armies as large as this. Anyway, two things I'd change.

#1. you have all those new horses, why don't you have them to do some more action?

#2. I thing that your moat's borders are to strait, there needs to be some more work on making this look less straight.

Given the above, I really thing Mpya Stedor has become an awesome place, make sure you protect the Mitgardian embassy there!!

The whole city is founded on a flat desert, so that's why everything is very straight (like the walls for example) :classic:

However, I will make some relief in it as the whole thing will be lifted up with 2 bricks (check Evacuation in Mpya Stedor to see an example of how high the ground will be). In that way, I have some more possibilities :classic:

About the horses, I know, but maybe I'll take some extra pictures with some battle scenes tomorrow. I had to hurry up as it is getting really early dark in Belgium nowadays :sceptic:

About the embassy: don't worry :laugh:

As I promised, it will have it's spot in the city :classic:

Edited by DaMaximus

Awwwwesome! I love epic scenes. I agree with NM, I would have liked to have seen other important parts of the battle, but I am still very impressed.

From Petera: I am glad to hear that Mpya Stedor has held. I hope that our soldiers were of good use to Lord DaMaximus. We send word that Lord Dugal has fought a successful delaying action, and that the battle for Queenscross is estimated to be a few weeks away still. Scouts say that the enemy army may be nearly as impressive as the one which attempted to take Mpya Stedor. Only time will tell. We do have one query though, did Lord DaMaximus see any of the elemental creatures or their masters at this battle? The creatures that have terrorized Historica for months seem to have gone dormant. We worry that these mortal armies that Victor has sent against us may only be a ruse, while the real forces gather more strength.

I am still building the battlefield for Queenscross, including (crossing fingers) the giant ancient bridge that crosses the Arkabi River. Although, I don't even know the outcome, because a friend and I are going to fight it as a war game. In the next week I will put out a general call for soldiers like my brother and I did last summer for the battle in the mystic isles. I know about 7 people were able to send troops that I could represent in battle, I hope to see even more this time. I am guessing Lord DaMaximus might be throwing some men our way now that his battle is over :)

That's a huge battle scene Damaximus, one of the biggest one's i've seen! :oh: I can relate to how difficult photographing large scenes like that is - getting everything in shot is hard enough, but also evenly lighting everything can be a challenge too. Have you thought about editing out the background sheeting in one or two of your best shots? I really like the second image - the one from the top of the gaurd tower (which looks to have a few loose joins in it... oops!), but the crumpled sheet is very distracting.

I also like that you've included a small section of rockwork at the left of the entrance to the city... it adds a much needed element of naturalism to the scene, as well as helping to define the edges of the stage. :thumbup:

Awwwwesome! I love epic scenes. I agree with NM, I would have liked to have seen other important parts of the battle, but I am still very impressed.

From Petera: I am glad to hear that Mpya Stedor has held. I hope that our soldiers were of good use to Lord DaMaximus. We send word that Lord Dugal has fought a successful delaying action, and that the battle for Queenscross is estimated to be a few weeks away still. Scouts say that the enemy army may be nearly as impressive as the one which attempted to take Mpya Stedor. Only time will tell. We do have one query though, did Lord DaMaximus see any of the elemental creatures or their masters at this battle? The creatures that have terrorized Historica for months seem to have gone dormant. We worry that these mortal armies that Victor has sent against us may only be a ruse, while the real forces gather more strength.

I am still building the battlefield for Queenscross, including (crossing fingers) the giant ancient bridge that crosses the Arkabi River. Although, I don't even know the outcome, because a friend and I are going to fight it as a war game. In the next week I will put out a general call for soldiers like my brother and I did last summer for the battle in the mystic isles. I know about 7 people were able to send troops that I could represent in battle, I hope to see even more this time. I am guessing Lord DaMaximus might be throwing some men our way now that his battle is over :)

Perfect! Our knights are taking a big nap and are spending some quality time with wife & kids, but in about a week they should be ready :classic:

That one elemental from "Elemental Surprise at Ghuba-ya Biashara" was spotted in the beginning of the battle (for the first time in months), but we could not find his body after the battle was done. So probably he took an arrow in the knee (even it has no knees :laugh: ) and fled away...

Also a giant (scorpion-looking) elemental could be spotted. It killed a lot of our soldiers. But thanks to the Blinding Moment, our lancers could stab and kill it!

It was indeed strange that there were so few elementals, but maybe the reason is that it was Valsharess who led the troops and not Victor himself... Although there were a lot of his apprentice mages...

That's a huge battle scene Damaximus, one of the biggest one's i've seen! :oh: I can relate to how difficult photographing large scenes like that is - getting everything in shot is hard enough, but also evenly lighting everything can be a challenge too. Have you thought about editing out the background sheeting in one or two of your best shots? I really like the second image - the one from the top of the gaurd tower (which looks to have a few loose joins in it... oops!), but the crumpled sheet is very distracting.

I also like that you've included a small section of rockwork at the left of the entrance to the city... it adds a much needed element of naturalism to the scene, as well as helping to define the edges of the stage. :thumbup:

I never worked with photoshop to be honest, but I think I will take a try for one or two pictures :classic:

What an amazing scene! The castle looks so great and is very big. It is also very well made in a Kaliphlin style.Good job! :thumbup:

This is huge DM! Like it a lot! The amount of figs are overwhelming and this feels like the LOTR and the siege of Minas Tirith!

I agree with Gabe about the editing, maybe try gimp? it´s free and very easy to use!

This is the most epic battle I have seen so far on Historica, just the size of the moc is to make an imppresion, and the sheer number of minifigs is fabulous.

Just to not forget the good build and the dedication to details and posing of minifigs.

And I completely love the story and the inclusion of my knight in that massive army. :wub:

Great job, thanks for sharing. :thumbup:

That is an incredible army! Also good to see Mypa Stepdor in its glory. I cannot believe how many figs you have...that really dwarfs my army

Glorious epic build DaMaximus! The mote is awesome and reminds me of the ponds by the Taj Mahal.

What an amazing scene! The castle looks so great and is very big. It is also very well made in a Kaliphlin style.Good job! :thumbup:

Thanks! :laugh: The whole wall & gate & tower will be presented at Brick Tricks in Tielt (in a modern city lay-out). Even it is not small, I fear it will be absorbed by all other buildings... There will be for example a tower of 1m, a rad (1.40 m), a big church (180x120 studs), some big stations, ...

This is huge DM! Like it a lot! The amount of figs are overwhelming and this feels like the LOTR and the siege of Minas Tirith!

I agree with Gabe about the editing, maybe try gimp? it´s free and very easy to use!

I'll have to try that next week! Thanks for the help!

I had more the siege of Helms Deep in my mind when I saw the result (also with the mounted knights etc..) :laugh: But it's an honour to be compared with such an epic movie scene!!! :classic:

This is the most epic battle I have seen so far on Historica, just the size of the moc is to make an imppresion, and the sheer number of minifigs is fabulous.

Just to not forget the good build and the dedication to details and posing of minifigs.

And I completely love the story and the inclusion of my knight in that massive army. :wub:

Great job, thanks for sharing. :thumbup:

The posing of minifigs is in my opinion as important as the MOC itself :classic: It gives a more realistic feeling to the MOC and people who are watching it will look longer to the pictures (or the scene in exhibitions) :classic:

I choosed to put the story in spoilers, as some people always skip the story and only look to pictures. It also shortened the length of the post :wink:

I wanted to make sure your knight would be seen very easily :laugh:

That is an incredible army! Also good to see Mpya Stedor in its glory. I cannot believe how many figs you have...that really dwarfs my army

I am really lucky my brother is an army builder. He creates really nice customised soldiers, but they are almost always around 5$...

Me for myself, (except for the 20 Warriors with the Brickwarriors helmet on), I always try to keep the price of a soldier under the 2$. Thanks to Ebay this works :classic:

Glorious epic build DaMaximus! The mote is awesome and reminds me of the ponds by the Taj Mahal.

I never saw the ponds of the Taj Mahal before now :blush: anyway, thanks for the compliment!!

Well some people asked for a picture without background:

For the first time in my life I tried it:

8419876184_6d05f9f28b_c.jpg

Thanks to DGothia for giving me the advice to use Gimp!

Edited by DaMaximus

Great job on editing out the background, that picture looks great! Really awesome scene, I wish I could do something that big... Like someone said (NM, I think?) a bit more texture on the floor might have been nice, but I don't blame you for not doing it! Awesome work! :thumbup:

This is Collossal! I'm impressed by the sheer size and number of troops! About 550 troops you say? I'll have to scrounge around for minifigs for my army now. I may be able to match that...

Great job on editing out the background, that picture looks great! Really awesome scene, I wish I could do something that big... Like someone said (NM, I think?) a bit more texture on the floor might have been nice, but I don't blame you for not doing it! Awesome work! :thumbup:

Thanks Kai! I think I gonna use Gimp more and more from now on :laugh: I still have to learn a lot about that program, but I think I like it :classic:

This is Collossal! I'm impressed by the sheer size and number of troops! About 550 troops you say? I'll have to scrounge around for minifigs for my army now. I may be able to match that...

Let's say 550 real soldiers, 80 horses and around 80 peasants, skeletons, monsters & tribemen :classic: I hope that when you find the minifigs you will not send them to my city :tongue: