For a few years there is a story in my head located in the old west. I wrote down a few notes, sentences or little descriptions. No real readable text to this moment. Only thing that is almost ready is the beginning, and this part only in my head. This post will be my first attempt to write down this specific scene I recreated with LEGO this afternoon. Pictures will follow at the end. I hope you enjoy it. (Please be kind of my grammar, english is only my second language).

It was the second day in the woods. The landscape was changing slowly. More trees than plain white fields of snow. Richie was getting nervous. The hangman was waiting for him and there were only a few days left until they arrived their destination. Helena. The capital of Montana should be his dying place. It could be worse.

The Marshall rode slowly through the deep snow. His horse was fighting its way through this unlikely environment making path for the second horse Richie was riding.

It could have been so much better. He was almost in Canada as the Marshall found him and his companions. All three of them were mowed down by the bullets emerging from the lawmans Scofield revolver. They never had a chance. He was the lucky one. The one which should commit all crimes of the gang and die as a peaceful man. Damn, this shouldn't be his end.

His head hurts and he got a bullet wound at his right leg. Some souvenirs he took from the Marshall. Nothing serious but it bleeded a lot and took almost a day to stop. It won't kill him, the gallows surely will.

Both riders rode down the hill, the snow looses its depth. The rest of the journey will become alot easier. But there were other obstacles to overcome.

The blood on Richies pants attracted alot of predators. The ravens were easy to defend, they don't even mind to come to close. But one other animal was more vicious. A grizzly was tracking the scent for a day. It smelled tasty and he could use a fresh meal in this hard winter. The hunger was driving him insane. He would eat anything he could get between his paws. He moved slowly through the trees, sniffing the scent. Then he heard something, some kind of animal moving through the snow. His movement got slower and he passed through two pines as he sees them. Two twoheaded animals making funny noises. This should be an easy meal.

Main shot

bear001.jpg

Alternative

bear002g.jpg

The story is really good! :D Keep writing on it and I will be interested in reading more ^^ What is your first language?

edit: I would also like to see more mocs x) Western stuff is awesome :)

Edited by Sigolf Brimabane

The story is really good! :D Keep writing on it and I will be interested in reading more ^^ What is your first language?

edit: I would also like to see more mocs x) Western stuff is awesome :)

Thank you very much for the comment.

My first language is german. I started a few short stories to form an anthology book, this western story would be the second main story. Maybe some scenes would give inspiration for more LEGO setups ;)

This is a really neat set-up. Keep up the good work. I'd love to see more!

I love seeing a good western themed MOC/story.

Lovely photographs, Plissken! The story sounds interesting, and I'm sure it will get even more so when developed (or shown to us) further. Good luck with your writing!

This is a great start for a story. I definitely want to hear what happens next!

Thank you very much for the comment.

My first language is german. I started a few short stories to form an anthology book, this western story would be the second main story. Maybe some scenes would give inspiration for more LEGO setups ;)

Oh, du bist deutscher? :D Ich spreche auch Deutsch. Hab es in der Schule gelernt :3

Really great set-up!!!!

I love how you did the photography in the snow!

This is a really neat set-up. Keep up the good work. I'd love to see more!

I love seeing a good western themed MOC/story.

Thank you very much. I think I will take a few more pictures to underline the story.

Lovely photographs, Plissken! The story sounds interesting, and I'm sure it will get even more so when developed (or shown to us) further. Good luck with your writing!

This is a great start for a story. I definitely want to hear what happens next!

Thank you. If there is more story, I'll post it.

Oh, du bist deutscher? :D Ich spreche auch Deutsch. Hab es in der Schule gelernt :3

Und das sehr gut. Ist nicht leicht zu lernen, wirklich gut.

Really great set-up!!!!

I love how you did the photography in the snow!

I like those pics a lot. The combination of the real snow with the LEGO trees is pretty cool, and the bear is a nice touch :)

Thank you both for the nice replies.

Thank you for the nice comments.

Today I took two more pictures to continue the story. Enjoy.

The landscape changed. The mountains were behind them and it would only last one, maybe two days until they'll reach the train station. From there they would take the next transport to Helena. The thought of a warm train compartment linked both men in mind.

The horses plow their path with great effort through the deep snow as the wind turned. Richies horse was the first to scent their pursuer. The cuffed hands made it hard to hold the horse under control. Marshall Matthew Crane turned around to warn Richie to keep it calm. In this moment a dark shadow breached trough the trees. A big paw slammed the back of Richies horse and put it deep into the snow. He turned around and looked into dark eyes surrounded by thick brown fur.

The Grizzly roars right into the mans frightened face. As his mount fell into the snow, Richie managed to jump away from the lethal wounded animal. Cranes brown stallion reared up in fear and threw his rider into the snow.

helena03s.jpg

A terrible sound entered his ears. A mixture of frightened screams and angry, vicious growls. Matt wiped the snow out of his face and looked up. A few feet away was Richie, frightened, cowering under a tree. Right in front of him was the grizzly. A big mean bastard covered in dark pelt.

Without hesitation, Matt draws his colt, cocked the hammer and let the first bullet escape the barrel in a loud, fiery explosion. The lead hit the beast right into his side. The hit in combination with the sound surprised the grizzly. He didn't counted with so much resistance. He slowly turned to Matt. Every move hurt but there was his goal. A lot of fresh delicious meat.

A second noise. This time the pain started in his right shoulder. All the bear could think of was to end this fight. He stormed upon the man in sight.

BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG!

Four more shots, three more hits. The bear stopped twisted with pain.

Crane had to reload. He broke open the Colt and ejected the empty shells. His cold fingers made it hard to grab the new cartridges but with all his concentration he loaded one bullet after the other.

While Crane still reloads his gun the grizzly charged and took up his attack. Thirty feet, twenty five, twenty, fifteen, ten.

BANG! BANG!

The first bullet hit the skull and weakened it. The second one broke the bone and penetrated the brain. A lightning raced through the animals body. One heavy lifeless corpse fell into the snow. just two feet in front of the lawman.

Silence.

Richie looked at the dead bear and the man who captured him two days ago. What an unreal situation he just witnessed. His sight turned to his dead horse. At this moment Richie hoped that he didn't has to walk the rest of their trek.

helena04s.jpg

Edited by Plissken

Fantastic story and your English is really quite good. Keep the pictures and story coming!

Thank you very much.

There were some mistakes left, I hope I erased them by now ;) :)

Nice story, great photography!

Lol. I worked with a number of German-speakers for a few years, and with the just the smattering I picked up I can sound out your phrase and understand. :)