General Magma

LEGO LotR - general discussion

This is a brickshow video for the new nexoknights line, the last villain on the right has a large body piece that I can't help but think looks like a balrog body. (if not for an official set, it could definitely be used for moc purposes). The character itself also has a balrogish mixel look to it.

Also, did anyone else see when brickshow posted the list of the next wave of dimensions set numbers and initials? It has been a few weeks now. I can't find the video anymore so I think they took it down.

But Jason had speculated that a title just initialed S could be a Sauron pack. Anyways, just a few things I've noticed.

This is a brickshow video for the new nexoknights line, the last villain on the right has a large body piece that I can't help but think looks like a balrog body. (if not for an official set, it could definitely be used for moc purposes). The character itself also has a balrogish mixel look to it.

Me too! Saw this, instantly thought balrog!

http://news.toyark.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2015/10/DSC02213.jpg

Me too! Saw this, instantly thought balrog!

http://news.toyark.c...10/DSC02213.jpg

Exactly! Plus, if you look at Fortrex, it looks like the bad guy flyer has some of these in trans orange:

http://brickset.com/parts/4542986

While this theme isn't really a castle theme, it should be a gold mine for Balrog moc-ers.

Edit: It looks like the head might be part of the body piece.

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/t_original/1464361624517049633.jpg

Hm....

Edited by Ql97

This is probably really old news to everybody here but I saw footage of the Balrog in LEGO Dimensions, and well after having seen that I really want to believe LEGO will release another wave of Middle Earth based sets...

This is probably really old news to everybody here but I saw footage of the Balrog in LEGO Dimensions, and well after having seen that I really want to believe LEGO will release another wave of Middle Earth based sets...

Well, we all want to believe that there will be another wave. Doesn't mean it will happen. :sceptic:

70334.jpg

Possibly more Balrog material...

Excellent. Those claws and tail should come in handy, at the very least.

I hope with Nexo Knights being the castle theme, TLG gives us a Minis Tirith D2C and LotR Dimensions figs.

Saw the EE Hobbit BotFA ... it was GREAT. LOTS more added to the battle. Such a shame on Lego for that HORRID BotFA set and for no 3rd LotR wave. 4 MORE SETS LEGO! You know what we need!!!

I just saw that the Tower of Orthanc was available on Shop@LEGO.com US yesterday but it is showing Sold Out again today. If you have not gotten one yet, keep an eye open. I also see that Target US shows it available online for the MRSP.

I just saw that the Tower of Orthanc was available on Shop@LEGO.com US yesterday but it is showing Sold Out again today. If you have not gotten one yet, keep an eye open. I also see that Target US shows it available online for the MRSP.

Speaking of which (I guess...) does anyone know why TLG chose Orthanc as the D2C set instead of Minas Tirith? That always baffled me from day one. I think Isengard would have been sufficiently represented by "The Wizard Battle" and "The Orc Forge."

Speaking of which (I guess...) does anyone know why TLG chose Orthanc as the D2C set instead of Minas Tirith? That always baffled me from day one. I think Isengard would have been sufficiently represented by "The Wizard Battle" and "The Orc Forge."

I was always hoping for minas tirith set. The likely hood of us getting one now is very low. what do you guys think? I know we've been over it alot but I wanted to see where everyone stands with dimensions just being released.

I highly doubt more LOTR / Hobbit sets will be coming, but I'm definitely in the group of people hoping that they do.

The only hope is for a D2C set, or a new movies line, but do they still will have the license when it'll eventually happen one day?

I just hope personally that they will do a future castle line with so much detailled figs, cause the sets themselves were not so incredible, except for Orthanc, IMHO.

Edited by kouz-one

My son was reading a Lego Club magazine yesterday and I could just see the headline on one of the pages. "Attack on Minas Tirith".

Seems interesting. So I looked a bit closer and realised it was a couple of years old and it was an advert for the LOTR pirate ship.

My son was reading a Lego Club magazine yesterday and I could just see the headline on one of the pages. "Attack on Minas Tirith".

Seems interesting. So I looked a bit closer and realised it was a couple of years old and it was an advert for the LOTR pirate ship.

How dare you get our hopes up like that! :angry: :angry:

At this point i just lay my head down with it and just say, "Well maybe Thorin in Dimensions? or at least a new Character"?

Would that suffice for you guys?

At this point i just lay my head down with it and just say, "Well maybe Thorin in Dimensions? or at least a new Character"?

Are you really asking? Thorin or a new character in Dimensions doesn't really make for new LOTR sets. It would certainly be welcome, at least by me, but would not satisfy the desire for more sets.

Maybe if Dimensions did a large line of LOTR / Hobbit characters, and all of the miniature builds that came with them could connect into a larger set when combined, that would be kind of interesting, and it would be a step in the right direction, but it still wouldn't be new LOTR sets. And it would be ridiculously expensive.

Depends on which characters. If it filled up the remaining gaps (Faramir, Eowyn, Witch-King, Bolg, Sauron, Gondor Soldier, and maybe Denethor, Elendil & Isildur) then yes, it would suffice for me.

@x105Black: I guess he does have to ask, as not everyone shares your point of view.

I hope they don't do a Thorin. We have enough versions of him already.

Depends on which characters. If it filled up the remaining gaps (Faramir, Eowyn, Witch-King, Bolg, Sauron, Gondor Soldier, and maybe Denethor, Elendil & Isildur) then yes, it would suffice for me.

@x105Black: I guess he does have to ask, as not everyone shares your point of view.

Fair enough, but I thought the majority of people here were wanting more sets, not just a couple of new minifigures. I'll agree, though, that we need Eowyn and Gondor Soldiers at the very least.

Sigh, no new LOTR sets...Castle replaced by the monstrosity that is Nexo Knights...Guess I can blow all of my saved 2016 castle money on Star Wars instead...was really hoping for a new Kingdom's line...pander to my wants LG!!!

Fair enough, but I thought the majority of people here were wanting more sets, not just a couple of new minifigures. I'll agree, though, that we need Eowyn and Gondor Soldiers at the very least.

Yeah, I gave up on the prospect of getting more full-sized sets long ago. I'm honestly amazed that we got the Dimensions packs. I thought Lego had just completely given up on Middle Earth.

I'm not sure if this is the right place for it, but does anyone remember the nice custom Isildur and Elendil helmet prototypes posted about a year ago on classic castle?

isildur_elendil_1.jpg

The users bricklink doesn't have these, or the Gondorian helmets available. Were they ever sold, does anyone know?

Is this a good place to discuss good third party accessories? Anyone found anything good to share? :)

I'm not sure if this is the right place for it, but does anyone remember the nice custom Isildur and Elendil helmet prototypes posted about a year ago on classic castle?

The users bricklink doesn't have these, or the Gondorian helmets available. Were they ever sold, does anyone know?

Is this a good place to discuss good third party accessories? Anyone found anything good to share? :)

Isildur & Elendil helmets remained prototypes only. I bought +-15 of the Gordon helmets so if he doesn't offer them anymore they are sold out.