General Magma

LEGO LotR - general discussion

It looks good. Probably as close as we could get in Lego. It has that nice land ship feel.

A set like that would have appealed to many fans young or old. I think lego realized this after their LOTR line, which is why we have a giant elephant for the Chima line. It's a shame really, a toy like that would have made many kids excited and would have certainly kept the line going and allow lego to make sets that would have made AFOLs happy. (i.e. Arwen, Witchking, etc.)

Edited by Bobbtom

This is superb! I would buy it! Just one thing - if you are reffering to just one specimen, it should be called Mumak, because Mumakil is plural.

Wow, your Mumakil looks amazing :wub: . You really did a great job recreating the Oliphaunt.

Supported! :wink:

Thanks guys...

I didnt knew that "mumakil" is a plural form =(

good to know, but I cant change the main image hahahaha what a bad mistake

Edited by fsintercambio

Would you mind to help me get on popular this week?

it is a hard work and I already asked to all my friends (I dont have many) to support it hahahaha

1855702-o_19hggp7tjnrl3ak1ehn1oskoslc-full.png

Supported and shared with my local LUG.

Two days ago I opened my last Uruk Hai Army set. I needed some parts but built it first. It is such a great set. I really miss having the Lord of the Rings sets. Each part in there was something I wanted. The Hobbit ones had characters I didn't care about.

Hopefully Ideas will show LEGO the desire is still there for LotR even on a limited capacity.

Wow, this is an excellent Oliphant, the proportions are right and the details are amazing. Fantastic job, I hope it gains lots of support. Perhaps if you added some more interesting minifigs it will make it even more attractive as a set, like Eowyn in battle armor.

Definitely an impressive build. I may have to just look at this and reverse engineer it to have my own since LEGO won't release anything else. It's a shame for sure since LOTR was the best theme (IMO).

So is it confirmed that it wont be possible for Lego to release a LOTR set (Minas Tirith) via the Ideas website then? I have been inactive for a little while I just want to get back up to speed with all the info

Definitely an impressive build. I may have to just look at this and reverse engineer it to have my own since LEGO won't release anything else. It's a shame for sure since LOTR was the best theme (IMO).

I can send the LDD file to you by email if you want

So is it confirmed that it wont be possible for Lego to release a LOTR set (Minas Tirith) via the Ideas website then? I have been inactive for a little while I just want to get back up to speed with all the info

No. The review period is still going. You might want to heck the IDEAS site once a month on that.

If it fails the review, we won't discuss this a lot. If it passes, this thread will explode.

Check back around mid-May (that's when they announce the winner of the review) and you will find out. It's still possible, but it's very unlikely, so don't be surprised if it loses to something "tamer" like the Piano or Marble Maze.

If Minas Tirith doesn't pass review, I think that will also mean the end of this thread, so keep your fingers crossed!

I am new here, so I dont know how to see your email, can you write it here?

Once you make 10 posts, you can do Private Messages. The Mods generally suggest you find a few more MOCs to comment on so you gain that ability.

Was trying to figure that out myself. It's now shared across most of the LotR/Hobbit/Tolkien FB pages... Hmm?

What is this?

Thanks for sharing this :classic:

It's interesting that this picture is from the 'Lord of the Rings Trilogy' fanpage - so not from TLG itself. Maybe it's just a coincidence that they used the Lego Gandalf, but maybe there's something else wating under the surface. In three days we will know more (hopefully) :wink:

Indeed it is another Gandalf with the same print. A nice homage but it is not a harbinger of more sets to come.

EDIT: The Polygon article mentions expansion packs including a Lord of the Rings one with Gollum, Gimli, and Legolas. Still no new characters but the more Lord of the Rings that LEGO wants to make, the better.

Indeed it is another Gandalf with the same print. A nice homage but it is not a harbinger of more sets to come.

EDIT: The Polygon article mentions expansion packs including a Lord of the Rings one with Gollum, Gimli, and Legolas. Still no new characters but the more Lord of the Rings that LEGO wants to make, the better.

Edited by Blakstone

Just noticed they said more fun packs are being announced...

Thorin fun pack yes please! and as vehicle his Ram :cry_happy: oh that would bring tears to my eye

(as i expect you can take the figs off the base's off course)