General Magma

LEGO LotR - general discussion

^ Thanks, a little detail that really adds to them. There are a few other sets of legs like that too for variation.

Looks like new LOTR custom parts will be available here soon http://www.bricklink...owHomeItems":1}

Gondorian helmet, Gondorian Citadel Guard helmet, Gondorian shield, 2nd Age Elven helmet & 2nd Age Elven Shield. Personally i like the Citadel Guard Helmet but not 100% sold on those shields. Judging by the pictures they look a little bit too thick to me. What do you think guys?

Edited by sahidko

Just hope for them to make a new movie out of the "new" book or to obtain the license for further films. With a film, it's almost a 99% chance that there will be more sets. Afterall, Star Wars goes on and on and on : ) and with it, more and more merchandise. They even had to create a cartoon to keep the merchandise flowing for crying out lout. Our only chance is another movie.

Our only chance is another movie.

Which won't happen anytime soon, as the Tolkien Estate owns the rights for everything Tolkien created apart from The Hobbit and LotR and they are not interested in making Tolkiens world into a franchise like Star Wars has become.

Just hope for them to make a new movie out of the "new" book...

About which book are you talking?

Edited by Speedboat

Just hope for them to make a new movie out of the "new" book or to obtain the license for further films. With a film, it's almost a 99% chance that there will be more sets. Afterall, Star Wars goes on and on and on : ) and with it, more and more merchandise. They even had to create a cartoon to keep the merchandise flowing for crying out lout. Our only chance is another movie.

LOTR is not Star Wars though, either in LEGO terms or in marketing stuff to kids.

Edited by MAB

So the new deal for the silmarillion could be our answered prayer

sigh Sorry to dissapoint, but that reddit post linked to an apirl fools movipilot post

Given that Bionicle got an official release stating the line is over, I have to wonder why such a release hasn't been offered for LOTR. Or at least some acknowledgement that it's done.

Unless Lego has avoided doing this because of the remaining presence of LOTR in Dimensions.

I'm just wondering, why is this thread still open? LOTR is done for in Dimensions, no sets, etc :tongue:

Before the Dimensions release I would have agreed with you, but technically with LOTR still in Dimensions, Lego has a tiny hold on LOTR.

I'm not saying there's hope, but there is no reason to can it just yet.

Before the Dimensions release I would have agreed with you, but technically with LOTR still in Dimensions, Lego has a tiny hold on LOTR.

I'm not saying there's hope, but there is no reason to can it just yet.

There are no plans to go back to Wave 1 themes right now so that cancels out a whole year of LotR.

Edited by CM4Sci

Right, but it's still a part of the current game, which makes it seem like Lego has one foot in and one foot out. Regardless of future sets, Gandalf is still in production in the starter.

All I'm saying is that technically, LOTR is a current item in production. It's a total cheat, I know, but if Lego is not killing it and it's featured in a starring role on their only toys-to-life product, why kill the thread?

This is a general discussion thread, not a thread about future releases.

There are loads of wishlists and rumours, but loads of good stuff has come out recently as well, RAKRONDEWL's LDD instrustions and Theodoric's Sauron and Witch-King prototypes to name two :)

Edited by Seaber

Given that Bionicle got an official release stating the line is over, I have to wonder why such a release hasn't been offered for LOTR. Or at least some acknowledgement that it's done.

Unless Lego has avoided doing this because of the remaining presence of LOTR in Dimensions.

Bionicle is an exception rather than a rule though. Maybe it is because they have a hand in the media side of the project too.

sigh Sorry to dissapoint, but that reddit post linked to an apirl fools movipilot post

How is Silmarillion not real? No one is talking about a reddit post. I have no idea what you are referencing. The Silmarillion is just "unpublished" works owned by the Tolkien Estates. You can literally buy the unfinished works on amazon. The story precedes the hobbit. If they make another movie we will get sets. They just won't for an eternity as Peter Jackson has no license to it or desire to pursue it right now.

Edited by legobear

I have received my Sauron from David and I can tell you they are as awesome as they look in the pictures

I'm just wondering, why is this thread still open? LOTR is done for in Dimensions, no sets, etc :tongue:

Because it's a general discussion thread now. There will probably be many custom items in the future, as well as discussions about existing sets,

or new (or older) LEGO pieces that could be used for LOTR minifigures, etc.

Edited by General Magma

Could you not quote posts with gigantic pictures to add one line of reply? :D But yeah they look spot on.

I admire the amount of work thats gone into Sauron - he looks fantastic, but I have to admit he's a bit too overdetailed for me. I tend to prefer customs that match the style of Lego's official minifigures.

Still excellent work though.

I so wish that LEGO made a real Witch King, but for now, this will have to do. It took me a long time to make, but I almost like the result, perhaps I should sharpen the details? They got rounded off when painting.

29058912152_2ac7fb64f3_z.jpg

Here is my latest Rank video, in the 10 Best sets from the LOTR and Hobbit theme. I by no means claim to be some sort of authority, I make these videos to spark conversations. So if you prefer 1 set over another, that's great. Tell me why you like one over another. ?

Here it is