General Magma

LEGO LotR - general discussion

If I saw generic minifigs carrying Gondor shields and wearing Gondor helmets, I'd expect they are meant to represent Gondor soldiers and thus related to LOTR. Just like if I saw generic space troopers wearing stormtrooper helmets, I'd assume it was a Star Wars MOC. Sometimes you cannot get over the licensing for a well known design.

I meant that as an argument for potential buyers out side of the LOTR fan base, so for me and you, I agree this doesn't apply.

"70589 Rock Roader" comes with 4 of the 71075 Round 1 x 1 90 Degree Elbow - No Stud In BLACK! This piece is needed to make the horns on the LOTR video game Balrog. Slow and discretely, LEGO is producing all parts we need to make are own :thumbup:

http://cache.lego.co...1&fmt=png-alpha

Edited by RAKRONDEWL

A small mom and pop type shop still has a few lotr and hobbit sets but none of the reall good ones. Last I saw which was recently they still had the lake town guard poly bags as well.

I am able to view the LEGO LOTR page!!! All the content seems to be there as well :classic:

http://thelordofther...ry/Default.aspx

Edit: It appears some people never left and are still posting!

Edit: Link is know broken and redirects you to the LEGO.com homepage. That was quick. :sad:

6/2/2016 Edit: It's up again! It most be saved to a server that isn't on all the time or something.

Edited by RAKRONDEWL

My personal favorites are the Dol Guldur sets - really creepy and capture the vibe of the films well. Seeing that scene in LEGO was a dream come true for a Tolkien geek like me lol

OK, here is the final custom Sauron. I think I'm going with the Gun Metal color because someone I know from Weta sent me pics of the actual suit. I did silver first because I this I was using reference from the armor before it was oxidized and darkened down. Selling reeeeeeealllly soon. I promise.

If the image does not show up ( I forget how to load them) visit the link below.

Lego_Sauron_gunmetal_1

Theodoric ... HOOK ME UP! That looks amazing. My email is atreyu2112@yahoo.com ... Thanks in advance man.

OK, here is the final custom Sauron. I think I'm going with the Gun Metal color because someone I know from Weta sent me pics of the actual suit. I did silver first because I this I was using reference from the armor before it was oxidized and darkened down. Selling reeeeeeealllly soon. I promise.

If the image does not show up ( I forget how to load them) visit the link below.

https://www.flickr.c...in/photostream/

He looks incredible! I am defiantly interested in one or two depending on how much he may cost. I also have some friends who might be interested, but I am not sure how many you made and don't want to disappoint people in case your Saurons are all reserved or something. Edited by RAKRONDEWL

Glad you guys like him! I'm busy assembling them now. The price that I need to charge is about $42.00 US. There was A LOT of custom work here, including 3D sculpting , multiple 3d prints ( to get sizing right) paint, extra lego parts, cutting and designing capes...etc. The price is steep but that just what I need to charge.

Do you guys have any ideas where the best place to advertise them is? Right now I'm just on this forum and some Flickr groups.

I'd give anyone here first dibs to buy of course.

Glad you guys like him! I'm busy assembling them now. The price that I need to charge is about $42.00 US. There was A LOT of custom work here, including 3D sculpting , multiple 3d prints ( to get sizing right) paint, extra lego parts, cutting and designing capes...etc. The price is steep but that just what I need to charge.

Do you guys have any ideas where the best place to advertise them is? Right now I'm just on this forum and some Flickr groups.

I'd give anyone here first dibs to buy of course.

At this point I will pay that for a LEGO Sauron, especially one that is so incredibly detailed. I would like one to be reserved as well, if possible.

I have some freinds who would probably like one, or in one case possibly several as he might like to sell them at his Bricks & Minifigs store; would you like me to contact them? Would you be able to make more if you run out of the ones you have already made?

You could sell/advertiser him on Bricklink under the MOCs section. There is also a "Buy, sell, trade and finds" section here on the forums, you could post there too.

P.S. You only need to post one more time and then you can use the personal message system for working out methods of payment and shipment. :classic:

Edit: By the way, the way to post images is to click the "Image" icon under the "smiley" and then paste the image address in the provided box. :wink:

(if this isn't clear enough, I can give a step-by-step procedure; since you've done it before though, I figure this is all you might need to remember.)

Edited by RAKRONDEWL

Anyone see that tease for Lord of the Rings at the end of the new dimensions trailer?

Really hope they save us with just a couple of new minifigures...

Gollum and the ring really felt like more of a set-up scene for Sonic. Not really sure it indicates anything more than just the previous Gollum pack.

Edited by HawkLord

I have some Saurons ready to go. I hope this post allows me to use the messaging system here so I can take orders a lot easier.

I have some Saurons ready to go. I hope this post allows me to use the messaging system here so I can take orders a lot easier.

PM sent.

I'd like one if it is still available.

dateposted-public[/img]Here is an image of the Witch King Lego. Its a work in progress. I'm still trying to get some of the pieces to print.

https://www.flickr.c...eposted-public/

OK, this is making me nuts. I'm using Safari and I just can't figure out how to get images to work. That little button above doesn't work nor to the suggested extensions.

Edited by Theodoric

dateposted-public[/img]Here is an image of the Witch King Lego. Its a work in progress. I'm still trying to get some of the pieces to print.

https://www.flickr.c...eposted-public/

OK, this is making me nuts. I'm using Safari and I just can't figure out how to get images to work. That little button above doesn't work nor to the suggested extensions.

He looks better than I thought he would, which is saying a lot because I had very high expectations for this minifigure. So is the thing on top of the flail head for a short chain to connect to? Can't wait to see him with cloak/cape, this figure is just going to be epic.

Are you pasting the image address or just the page link in the "Image" URL box provided?

Edited by RAKRONDEWL

are we going to see any more minifigs from lotr or hobbit? I know the theme is out, but maybe in Dimensions or osmethink like this?