What...are...the... Clear pieces doing there in the bottom left corner?

light emmiting diodes i think

You're both wrong. It's one of the four engines. :devil_laugh:

Is that the one that won't work as they badly built? :grin::head_back:

XD

Somebody care to translate both of these?

Anyway, the truck will have 4 fake engines, driven by a single M motor.

Sadly, I keep reaching the limit of what this computer can handle, in terms of bricks in LDD. And, I can not upgrade. So updates to this thread will become much more sporadic.

Update Time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The battery pack has been added, as have the engines. I've actually had to split the entire model into several parts so that the computer won't crash.

etftruck2frame3s.jpg

saberwing40k, dont forget the stability of the frame. yours actually is in my opinon much too weak

Wow! It is so big! :oh::moar:

That's what all the gals say. It's so big the computer can't render it at any speed.

Are those 6 receivers for the drive only? As in they all are the same channel?

No, only 4 are used for drive. the other 2 are for the steering and stuff.

saberwing40k, dont forget the stability of the frame. yours actually is in my opinon much too weak

Oh, no. It's actually quite strong, I've tested it IRL.

Oh that's looks so expensive. When can i buy it. :laugh:

Just in time for Christmas, 20xx. Actually, if all goes well, I should be selling instructions by May.

And, it's update time.

I've started on the cab, which will have seats, and house the trafficators.

etffront.jpg

No, the yellow and black colors aren't a mistake. Those will be the final production colors.

Rear view:

etffront2.jpg

this view shows the trafficators. The bottom motor is slaved to the steering channel. (I hope that it is possible to do that with an M and servo motor.), and the top motor is slaved to the drive mechanism, giving the model flashing warning lights. If you all are wondering what happened to the rest of the truck, I had to divide up the model so that the computer would stop freezing.

The dump bed has also been rearranged, and has the linear actuators, but not their drive motors or shafts.

dumpframe.jpg

dumpframe2.jpg

Still to do:

Finalize dump bed frame.

Finalize turntable connection, and add motor.

Add motors to control bed lift.

Add bed front and back walls, and dump gate.

Finish cab.

Mount Trafficators

Finish bulking up frame.

Colorize.

Real life testing.

Make instructions.

So yeah, lots to do, since this is a school project, I can afford to work on this a lot. Should hopefully be done by late April/ early May.

Also, I have a question, something that I myself can not test as I do not have a servo motor. Will an M motor connected to the same reciever channel as a servo motor continue to rotate even if the servo reaches the end of it's travel?

Edited by Saberwing40k

Also, I have a question, something that I myself can not test as I do not have a servo motor. Will an M motor connected to the same reciever channel as a servo motor continue to rotate even if the servo reaches the end of it's travel?

Yes he does.

Edited by kabelbinder

Actually, if all goes well, I should be selling instructions by May.

I don't know who would buy instructions for such a massive megaload of parts no one can afford. :sceptic:

Yes he does.

It does? could you post a video?

I don't know who would buy instructions for such a massive megaload of parts no one can afford. :sceptic:

Going by that logic, nobody would buy the instructions to Sheepo's Land Rover either. And yes, it would be expensive, though not that much more so than any other large technic MOC. That's why I'm going to be selling instructions, to defray some of the cost. And by the way, I'm not saying you have to buy it.

Only one actuator for that massive bed?

No, there are two, one on each side. Due to the linkage, leverage is increased.

Do you intend to release building instructions without physically building your model?

The servo logic is completely self contained, it does not communicate with the receiver when it has reached its travel.

Therefore, a motor and servo connected in parallel will both independently interpret the signal. The servo stopping when it reaches the instructed position, and the motor will turn at a speed proportional to the input.

Regarding the bed actuator, I dont think the issue is only with leverage, but also with travel.

Do you intend to release building instructions without physically building your model?

Of course not. That's a recipe for diaster, so I am building parts of my model to test it. However, at this point in time I cannot build the whole model in real life.

The servo logic is completely self contained, it does not communicate with the receiver when it has reached its travel.

Therefore, a motor and servo connected in parallel will both independently interpret the signal. The servo stopping when it reaches the instructed position, and the motor will turn at a speed proportional to the input.

Regarding the bed actuator, I dont think the issue is only with leverage, but also with travel.

Well, that helps. And, the travel of the bed actuator is just fine.

Going by that logic, nobody would buy the instructions to Sheepo's Land Rover either. And yes, it would be expensive, though not that much more so than any other large technic MOC. That's why I'm going to be selling instructions, to defray some of the cost. And by the way, I'm not saying you have to buy it.

But look at all those electrical components... I estimate at least $1000 worth of parts...

But look at all those electrical components... I estimate at least $1000 worth of parts...

And by the way, I'm not saying you have to buy it.

That said, if you're looking for feedback, I think this would benefit from some real-life building, to refine the construction techniques, and some better wheels.

That said, if you're looking for feedback, I think this would benefit from some real-life building, to refine the construction techniques, and some better wheels.

Agreed. If you make instructions, it is usually a given that you've built the model yourself. :classic:

Sorry guys, this project is going to be put on hold until I get the parts to build the whole thing in real life. Until then, I'll be building a Terex AC-500 mobile crane.

Um..... I have serious issues with two LAs lifting a much lighter boom. Have you tested that bed lifting yet?