Sorry I didn´t see until now the tread :cry_sad: . You are right Efferman 1000 rubbers aren´t enough for the project :angry: , anyway I wouldn´t like to build on that scale, too much space for me, I prefer small spaces :laugh: besides lack of L.A.s in scale would be very ugly the final model. The truck is a nice idea because it has a lot of mechanism, bad part is that it is the same one repeated many times but the nice thing is to think about steering and suspension. 1974 since I saw the idea I was getting them gradually into BL and I have a girlfriend and a daugther... too late... :wink: . Alasdair ours is not impossible, just very difficult :grin: . VFracingteam I consider myself an old man when I can not do 10 squat reps with 220 kg, today I did 11 :laugh: .

Sorry I didn´t see until now the tread :cry_sad: . You are right Efferman 1000 rubbers aren´t enough for the project :angry: , anyway I wouldn´t like to build on that scale, too much space for me, I prefer small spaces :laugh: besides lack of L.A.s in scale would be very ugly the final model. The truck is a nice idea because it has a lot of mechanism, bad part is that it is the same one repeated many times but the nice thing is to think about steering and suspension. 1974 since I saw the idea I was getting them gradually into BL and I have a girlfriend and a daugther... too late... :wink: . Alasdair ours is not impossible, just very difficult :grin: . VFracingteam I consider myself an old man when I can not do 10 squat reps with 220 kg, today I did 11 :laugh: .

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: , Sorry now back on topic.

Do you still have the LDD file? Care to share it?

I do but not here, i will add it when i get home in a few hours.

Here is the LDD file, I changes the tires to the unimog tires and the bed is part of the file as well.

I havent touched it in over a year so there might be some improvements i could make to it as well as a few things that are just too tedious to really mess with in LDD

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/32249631/mine%20truck.lxf

Edited by Cy-Gor

Here is the LDD file, I changes the tires to the unimog tires and the bed is part of the file as well.

Nice, thanks! :thumbup:

Come to think of it; now I see the green bed again, I remember you posting this.

Something else; in most of the designs for this behemoth, I notice a drive train with rather small gears. Is that feasible?

This looks better and better. I hope you are gonna finish it at some point.

Nice, thanks! :thumbup:

Something else; in most of the designs for this behemoth, I notice a drive train with rather small gears. Is that feasible?

my drivetrain could be simple modified to raise the gear reduction to 1:11,611 when 1:7,001 is not enough.

Does anybody have any idea how the dump bed linkage works? As seen in this picture, it works in a very unusual manner, and it is not readily apparent as to how.

ETF-Mining-Trucks-Technology-FunRocker.Com-5.jpg

It's not like it's something I can figure out in LDD, either, so I'm going to have to wait until I can build this I.R.L.

the lower arm will move forward. if you want i can make a short demonstration vid to show how it works.

Yes, please. I would want to see how it would work because it is confusing me XD.

I guess the lower arm goes backwards 90 degrees?

trucktipping.jpg

I guess the hydraulic(Chrome) retract back into the hydraulic cylinders(Red) and the hydraulic cylinders(Red) fold together with the lower arm legs (Grey) parallel with the platform? There's a rope-like attachment to control and limit the out-trigger?

I believe Pneumatic for the top attachment and pair with Gears for the folding mechanism should work.

Edited by Gene

Found this post on the French SeTechnic-forum. It's by builder jacques27:

TRUCK ETF 190 MT-240

After the failure of the V1, V2 so here.

ETF 190 MT-240 is a study to replace the existing mining trucks, this truck is a project that has not yet been put on the market.

Points that were the hardest to achieve are:

Axles.

The rotation of the bucket.

DIMENSION

Length: 67 cm

Height: 24 cm

Width: 26 cm

Weight: 4.400 KG

CHARACTERISTIC

1 motor xl

1 motor L

M 2 engine

1 BB

2 IR

4 pneumatic cylinders

20 wheels

The TRUCK

002jajy.jpg

005oab.jpg

013ut.jpg

011wrt.jpg

Edited by laix

@ laix: Nice find! Here's another

of Jacques27's model, showing a sideways dumping action:

That truck loks awesome! I cant wait to see effe's though.

tim

Hey, what about me?! ah well, it's all good fun. As for this previous design, the color scheme is kind of wonky, as are the proportions. The wheels are far too small, and the bed is too tall and bulky. I think the cab is also too big, maybe more suited to a model like I'm building, rather than this.

Aww, beaten to it again. However, that's still a very very nice minifig scale version.

Here's an update for mine:

etftruck2frames.jpg

See updated first post for more information on why it looks like this.

Edited by Saberwing40k

Aww, beaten to it again. However, that's still a very very nice minifig scale version.

Here's an update for mine:

etftruck2frames.jpg

See updated first post for more information on why it looks like this.

What...are...the... Clear pieces doing there in the bottom left corner?