How do I use the power functions remote and motor? My emerald night train is built but I cannot get it to work. I can hear the motor running and the lights are on but it is not moving. Please help!

Hi MizFin,, why don't you start introducing yourself.

About that train, you use the PF XL motor like in the instructions? What if you run the XL motor disconnected from the train itself? And can you manually turn the wheels. Did you notice that the left wheels are 45 degrees turned from the right wheels...

Welcome to Eurobricks, MizFinn. We have a forum dedicated to train discussions, so I will move your topic there. Please have a look around!

The Emerald Night has one or two constructional flaws. They might be the cause for the problems you are experiencing with that set. Use the search function to find threads about the Emerald Night... or you can read what is written here.

Edited by legotrainfan

Hi MizFin,, why don't you start introducing yourself.

About that train, you use the PF XL motor like in the instructions? What if you run the XL motor disconnected from the train itself? And can you manually turn the wheels. Did you notice that the left wheels are 45 degrees turned from the right wheels...

Hi sorry about not introducing myself. I am a robotics/pre-engineering teacher in Las Vegas, NV. Originally from Maui, HI :) I use the Mindstorms NXT robotis, We are now focusing on city planning. Some of my advanced students built the emerald night train and tracks.

As far as the train goes I used the PF XL motor, have not disconnected it yet (I will try that now), I can manually turn the wheels. It does look like the wheels are 45 degrees.

Thanks for the advice!

Aloha MizFinn from Maui no ka oi!

Hi wondermonkey,

I realise you are speaking to another member who presumably will understand this, but please refrain from talking publicly in a language the majority on this forum will not understand. This is an English language forum, and we expect our members to use the English language at all times.

If you wish to communicate like this publicly, it's fine if you provide a translation; otherwise, it comes across as rather rude. If the content is private, please use the PM system.

Thanks for understanding.

You could have PM'd that little rant, too, as it is 'rather rude'.

Good luck with the Emerald Night, MizFinn.

Edited by oddjob

Yeah I agree, I've seen people speak many different languages on here from time to time. I was just trying to make a new person feel at home that's all. Won't happen again. Good luck with your EN, there are lots of great articles out here to get it to run smoothly. Any updates?

You could have PM'd that little rant, too, as it is 'rather rude'.

Rufus is a moderator on this forum doing his job in pointing out the way the forum is supposed to work not "ranting". I'd advise you to show him the respect he deserves. Thank you.

Now back on topic.