Sign in to follow this  
DLuders

Should TLG Make 2-for-1 Set for Top 2-3 Competition Winners?

Should The Lego Group make a 2-for-1 set out of the Top 2-3 winners of the 2012 Lego Technic Competition?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Should The Lego Group make a 2-for-1 set out of the Top 2-3 winners of the 2012 Lego Technic Competition?

• No, rm8's "The Boss" entry has far outvoted the #2 and #3 vote getters.
    • No, it is not possible to make a 2-for-1 or 3-for-1 set out of these differing designs.
    • Yes, it may be possible for The Lego Group to integrate rm8's and the other top design(s).

Here is a message I got from rm8 (whose "The Boss" creation is leading the 2012 Lego Technic Competition):

"Hello, David,

"I see that crazy1993's moc have many its fans. I also disappointed that rules are so simple and we have different promotion of model. I will be glad if Lego will try to make 2 in 1 or even 3 in 1 set with top 2 or top3 voters entrys. Sure it is possible to fit at least 2 in 1 set in one box, of course after some optimization of creation, especially crazy1993's.I'm sure that will be very good news for fans and voters. All top3 models deserve that:)

"Can you make a pool with such question and voting (one winner, two winners 2in1 set, 3 winners 3in1 set) We have to make it public, before TLG announce the winner. I will support you topic.

"Thanks"

-- rm8

So, if you look at these Top 3 vote-getting designs, is it possible (or desirable) to make a 2-for-1 or 3-for-1 set? Your poll answers will remain private; you can pick more than one answer. I realize that it's VERY LATE for a proposal like this (with only 10 hours left for the Official Voting), but here is an attempt to get feedback. Thanks.

CURRENTLY WITH 1,498 VOTES -- rm8's "The Boss":

image.jpg

CURRENTLY WITH 982 VOTES -- crazy_1993's "Highway Enforcer":

GalleryFile.png

CURRENTLY WITH 141 VOTES -- hrontos' Quad Bike:

GalleryFile.png

I'm also wondering what TLG might pull off now if they won't like "The Boss" for some reason like they did with tachikoma by mahjqa on cuusoo.

It wasn't that Lego didn't like Mahjqa's model, it was retired early at Cuusoo because it came from a mature or R-rated background..

Dluders, for as much as I am sure eveyone would love to see this happen, I don't think it is going to happen since the price tag would be high...

Staying on the ground I would say it is not possible.

Boss seems to fit into part count of original crawler and therefore also into that price range.

To convert it to the enforcer few hundred extra parts are needed and so price would be higher. It is quite unusual to have more parts on the B-model. Staying with original enforcer design, we are talking about may be 800-1000+ extra parts. And this is extra 60-100 USD.

And to make the quad out of it is completely different set of panels so it is again some extra parts and higher costs.

But it should be and exclusive set for fans, not money maker, so surprises are allowed. :classic:

I'm also wondering what TLG might pull off now if they won't like "The Boss" for some reason like they did with tachikoma by mahjqa on cuusoo.

I think they would not put it into top 10 if they did not intent to produce it.

I think this topic is a bit pointless....think about the price as paul said above it would be way too expensive. :look:

I think this topic is a bit pointless....think about the price as paul said above it would be way too expensive. :look:

Optimizing is possible.

I don't know. Having 3 models kind of defeats the whole point of the contest. But then again, I don't think this contest was properly implemented.

It wasn't that Lego didn't like Mahjqa's model, it was retired early at Cuusoo because it came from a mature or R-rated background..

I know that :) And yet some probability is always there.