Dennis Bosman

[MOC] Kenworth K100 Tow Truck (1:13)

Thanks!

the only thing missing is the drive shaft to the back tandem wheels.

I can assure you; there's one in.

tI like how you used the small Lego tires as the air bags. All that chrome does bring it to life.

I discovered those vintage tires a couple of years ago when I bought a huge party of used LEGOs. These seems to be a nice add for the air bags underneath the axles. Use them quite many.

I used to have access to my Flickr stream but somehow I couldn't sign in again and now that account is locked :thumbdown:

The only thing I could do eventually is creating a new Flickr account and that's what I did. I'm trying to reach all my contacts again as I lost all of them. If one of you followed my Flickr stream please feel free to follow me again. New followers are also welcome of course :classic:

Edited by Dennis Bosman
picture incorrect

Spectacular. Very nostalgic for me as well as my dad used to own a truck sales company in Idaho and I remember a lot of color schemes like this Kenworth. 10/10

The update with this model I did last year. Nowadays models tend to be smooth by hiding all studs. Since this 2013 KW still had them visible I had to remove them. And actually the model is a very good example to make it bold anyway. I also took the opportunity to change its livery slightly with replaced green by dark green. I think it look way better now (thanks to the Mini :-) )

One of the new features are round fuel tanks. On the 'original' they were still constructed with standard slopes but since there are plenty of curved ones available they should be build accordingly. The bars with the steps came from on online handy craft shop and are easy to get in shape.

31995149680_27b9c39428_o.jpg

32222108802_90e93a9623_o.jpg

32222106522_83dbd900c9_o.jpg

32222110112_096533a631_o.jpg

WOW, This is really great tow truck, such nice color combination, very nice details and chromed parts:wub: - if you do not look closely enough (and see sloped parts and characteristic 24 X 43 rims), you could think that this photos are photos of a real truck in some studio :thumbup:. I must admit this model impressed me so much that I've decided to make tow truck of one U.S. classic as Technic model. I bow to artist @Dennis Bosman 

Thanks Igor! Nice to read it inspires others :-)

We get rid of the LEGOish look more or less however it's not to bad to still have the original 'vintage' Technic wheels underneath them.

On 6/11/2017 at 11:09 PM, Dennis Bosman said:

Thanks Igor! Nice to read it inspires others :-)

We get rid of the LEGOish look more or less however it's not to bad to still have the original 'vintage' Technic wheels underneath them.

You're wellcome, this cretions deserves respect even if people do not like trucks.

As a kid I had two favorite trucks: U.S. trucks Kenworth and Peterbilt on one side and on another Unimog (my father worked in Gaggenau for several years - that is why I currently work on Unimog...). I'll probably look very often on this moc when time will be right to make my interpretation...:sweet:

LEGOish look as you nicely said can only be (partially) avoided with panels but it is not easy to chose real thing which will allowe us to be made as a model withouth holes in bodywork etc... That is why I respect models in this subforum (despite I'm "Technic person")

With the latest update this model looks on level with the scale ABS models my uncle used to glue together and paint. It is truly art to make "blocky" LEGO elements look like the real thing. You truly are the boss, man!

BTW. Have you tried to build the rear arms using those really long curved slopes (Seen on the 75870 Corvette) and compared them to your current solution? I wonder if that would work even better, of if they are too long.

This wouldn't be out of place in an art gallery. It's a beautiful build.

I've long been an admirer of your work and have alway looked on, envying your building skills. Oh well, I'll just keep chugging along hoping (albeit forlornly) that one day I might be this good.

Edited by grum64

Wow! I just saw your updated model. Amazing! I like that you guys continue using the old school Lego Technic wheels. They are the finishing touch in my opinion.

Stunning. Absolutely stunning. Once again another amazing creation. Great job! By the way, are you working on any other trucks right now? I'd love to see some more American rigs from you.