Crane-Trucker

my 8258 crane truck and all of its mods

here i wanna introduce my 8258 crane truck and other moc's wich have had many styles and lots of rebuilding.

I'll go from old to new to show you what i've done to it.

lets begin at the start. This is the truck in the first month after buying

CIMG2668.jpg

after i had buy the truck it was clear for me to rebuild some things, i loved the knuckleboom crane but in my opinion the crane was to smal with its 1 extension so i wanna make it look more like a real crane, so i added an extra extension and build a fly jib on the crane.

i've given the truck some front stabilizers for craning over the cabine and placed a loading box.

CIMG2670.jpg

CIMG2673.jpg

CIMG2676.jpg

CIMG2681.jpg

here i have a overview photo with some of my other moc's

CIMG3073.jpg

Let´s continue the story

here is another truck with loading crane

This trucks base is the 8052 container truck wich i´ve completly rebuild to the size of the 8258 crane truck

This truck features a smaller knuckleboom crane,2 steering axles (front and last axle) 4 indipendent turning stabilizers of wich the 2 @ the crane are 1x extending. This truck had many different styles, if you like to see check the link below

Foto0639_zps97879f09.jpg

Foto0643_zpsa6a32653.jpg

Foto0644_zpscd65341c.jpg

Foto0645_zpsda0fd283.jpg

Foto0647_zpsc5422c16.jpg

album

Edited by Crane-Trucker

time to continue the story (where not there jet :devil: )

i've shown you already some work to 8258 crane truck but there is much more to tell en show.

Between the first pictures i've showed you and the next i'm about to is more ten 1,1/2 year of little adjustments and improving things, but no great rebuilds.

So after more then 1 year i've wanted something else, so i started to breakdown and rebuild the truck. This time i want to make a recovery vehicle so i build the recovery crane of the 8285 towtruck on the back of the truck. @ this moment i already improved the knuckleboom crane compared to the first pictures, here it has 3 extension and added some look-a-like hydraulic cilinders

CIMG4000_zpsdff61001.jpg

CIMG3998_zpsd9f51737.jpg

CIMG4018_zpsf6b8b8d0.jpg

CIMG4020_zps63eab430.jpg

more pictures of this truck: click here

it was quitte a big thing and i wasn't very satisfied about it, the mix of an european truck with a american recovery back end didn't suite me so after a few days it was time to rebuild the truck to a more normal recovery truck, after good looking at pictures of recovery vehicles i made up my mind and want to make a 8x4 chassis with a century recovery type crane so the loading crane was dismounted and builded the 8285 recovery crane on the loading crane rotating platform driven with its functions.

CIMG4023.jpg

CIMG4024.jpg

CIMG4027.jpg

CIMG4030.jpg

CIMG4032.jpg

CIMG4033.jpg

more pictures of this truck:click here

so this was the build half way past last year

Edited by Crane-Trucker

After the recovery vehicle i wanted to make something else.

I always liked rear mounted cranes so i want to try and make it work.

Besides the front part of the chassis with the 2 axles and cabin again everything is completly rebuild.

The gearbox, PF motor al found a new place at the chassis.

It was almost impossible to mount the crane direct on top of the 2 rear axles because of the gearbox so i build it right in front of the first rear axle.

This time i developed a new 3x extending jib for this crane

some specs:

lenght: 62cm

wide: 15.3cm

weight: 3.8 KG

maximum outreach of the crane: 84cm

maximum height of the crane: 91cm

7 stabilizers: 4 normal, 2 on extending traverse on the rear of the chassis, 1 on the front

equipped with a small loading floor.

Foto1105_zps9234fa4b.jpg

Foto1107_zpse436b639.jpg

Foto1110_zps6d5c64e7.jpg

Foto1112_zps315cd105.jpg

Foto1114_zpsa9cf28e7.jpg

Foto1133_zps1461aa6c.jpg

Foto1116_zps53192ae6.jpg

Foto1119_zpse9ebfaee.jpg

Foto1120_zps0a7a32bc.jpg

Foto1124_zps1c52a65a.jpg

Foto1128_zpsddc50f0e.jpg

Foto1130_zps9ce366d5.jpg

For more pictures click here

here i wanna introduce my 8258 crane truck and other moc's wich have had many styles and lots of rebuilding.

I'll go from old to new to show you what i've done to it.

lets begin at the start. This is the truck in the first month after buying

after i had buy the truck it was clear for me to rebuild some things, i loved the knuckleboom crane but in my opinion the crane was to smal with its 1 extension so i wanna make it look more like a real crane, so i added an extra extension and build a fly jib on the crane.

i've given the truck some front stabilizers for craning over the cabine and placed a loading box.

here i have a overview photo with some of my other moc's

Wow, but is the looong crane strong enough? I own this set and is a great set isn't it?

Edited by Pandora
Please do not quote pictures

that depend on how you wanna use it :) it's lifting capacity now (read post above yours) is an empty can of bear max!!! so it hardly lifts heavyer things. By the way the crane in that setup is a lot heavyer than the normal box crane, so heavy that the motor has real trouble unfolding the second boom and its need certainly manual help

Edited by Crane-Trucker

Time to blow some dust of my topic :sweet:

after the last posts my truck is already rebuild and i placed the crane back at its normal position.

How ever my truck itself isn't that special anymore i've done more about detailing the truck to make it look more like a real scania.

So with hundreds of scania pictures ive rebuild the cab to a more modern scania, in that case i've changed the roof and the grill.

I fitted it with a flat loading floor and made a 2 axled cargo lorry.

I let the pictures do the rest of the story enjoy.

Foto0034_zpsb9b104f0.jpg

Foto0035_zps27d4b22b.jpg

the cargo lorry

Foto0036_zpsbf948e0d.jpg

The new front grill including red colored bumper

Foto0041_zps70894562.jpg

new designed roof

Foto0048_zps3b9376b9.jpg