N8thanAshley

UCS 10179 Falcon wall mounted

I would love to know what you did to safely mount that. I need a solution for some of my creations and directly to a wall would be conversational.

Haha! I thought I might cover the wall behind it in LEGO to replicate the surface of the Star Destroyer.

8395142202_33b671931e.jpg

theDeanoRama: I thought if there was enough interest I might share a guide, it would be very easily replicated, I am not particularly handy!

Edited by N8thanAshley

Haha! I thought I might cover the wall behind it in LEGO to replicate the surface of the Star Destroyer.

[snip]

theDeanoRama: I thought if there was enough interest I might share a guide, it would be very easily replicated, I am not particularly handy!

Now that's a good idea!

Edited by Brickdoctor
Please don't quote images from recent posts.

I'll have to change the orientation but definitely looks better the other way up.....

I wouldn't worry about the accuracy of the angle and instead take some artistic license in displaying it whichever way looks best.

Make sure to always use the wrist strap with the wiimote... :sweet:

I've seen someone fix his 10179 on a fixing plate for TV.

You're right Doc, I don't think any other angle would look half as good! I was originally planning to mount it straight! I'm so glad I didn't! I'm so happy with it, but man, it was tough trying to get the spacing right at an angle!

I used a TV mount too Bob. The smallest, flattest, cheapest, simplest I could find!

8396472246_9335ba215a.jpg

Edited by N8thanAshley

Where did the little R2 & 3PO come from?! :$

It means that it has been indexed I believe.

Where did the little R2 & 3PO come from?! :$

It means that it has been indexed I believe.

Yes, it means that a link to the thread has been added to this index, to make it easier for other members to find this thread in the future.

What a great way to display these ships! I don’t have any of them, but you make me want to buy them just so I can display them like you have. Well done! :thumbup: :thumbup:

You're right Doc, I don't think any other angle would look half as good! I was originally planning to mount it straight! I'm so glad I didn't! I'm so happy with it, but man, it was tough trying to get the spacing right at an angle!

I used a TV mount too Bob. The smallest, flattest, cheapest, simplest I could find!

8396472246_9335ba215a.jpg

Is it possible to take a picture of how the falcon is attached to the TV mount?

I'm wondering if it could be a good idea for displaying my SSD...

OK will do, but I must say, unlike the SSD, the Millennium Falcon really lends itself to being mounted this way, with a removable centre section in its underside allowing very direct, easy access right up in to the central structure of the ship. I just built a huge, solid custom platform out of LEGO for the ship to sit on, securing it to the frame with Technic Arms & Pins where possible, reinforcing it with metal brackets and then bolting the whole lot together.

If anyone has a 10179, I'm certain you can picture exactly what I am referring to when you remove the gun turret and look down inside the ship.

With its flat bottom the SSD would not be so easy to do using the same technique. I'm not certain there is a section you could remove in the base allowing you to insert a solid platform in the same way and connect it to the ships central core in order to effectively spread the load.

The other bonus of working with the MF is that it sits away from the wall on its legs, accommodating the need for the TV Stand/Platform/Struts/Supports etc It would be a huge challenge to get the SSD to sit flush!

I can't wait to do something similar with my custom Falcon that I am working on bricklinking. This looks like the best way to display this set when you are limited on space.

Pure awesome! If I dare bricklinking that damn mammoth one day I'd be sure to mount it in a similar fashion (chasing that perfect TIE-Fighter from last year). If you are courageous to do a precision painting to imitate at least the back of ISD as suggested, you'd probably be my new geek king, and I mean that as a greatest of compliments :laugh:

Edited by Spyderlord

Please share a guide, I am planning on mounting the big Super Star Destroyer on my wall because there is no other room left... but not sure what to do to fix it internally so it is stable and can hang on the wall :)

Yes please share, when I finally rebuild this thing (moved so I packed it up) I want to put it on a wall also as I feel it is better appreciated this way.

I was thinking of a drilled back mounting board with holes where each of the feet are. The idea was to tie each point near the feet but through the frame so the feet actually become a spacer. The board would then be mounted to the wall using drop in style brackets which could be pre mounted the board and the wall so you just line it up and drop it in. Is that the type of TV bracket you have shown?

I am thinking more simple... stable hooks in the wall that mount the technic-bricks from the display-stand that is integrated in the star destroyer - do not know if the falcon features this one, but for the SSTD I thought about using the black display-stands to be hooked in the wall... but only possible if those are really fixed and linked inside the SSTD.