Joff_Draeven

Future of SW Contest (Small Category): "We're Getting Too Old

Here is my take on the Future of Star Wars:

Star Wars - Episode VII 'Twilight Dawning'

In this scene, Han Solo & Princess Leia Organa-Solo have chased down a new Bounty Hunter, Kal Durusk, into a small subsidary section of Bespin's Cloud City. Kal has the plans to a new weapon that will make life difficult for the Skywalkers...problem is Han and Leia are getting a little long in the tooth, and Kal looks to be escaping!

Han pauses to catch his breath, and leans hard on his walking stick. He faces camera and breaking the fourth wall states,"We're Getting Too Old For This, Your Worshipfulness", while Leia attempts to focus her blaster rifle on the fleeing Bounty Hunter, only to have to pause to rearrange her glasses on her nose. Will the old Rebels manage to capture the Bounty Hunter? Or will they realise that their twilight years are upon them, and give it up in order to spend more time with the grandchildren...

8393850129_39d85db4d3.jpg

We're Getting Too Old For This, Your Worshipfulness 1 by mjfirefly, on Flickr

This pic shows the vignette as first built, Kal's blaster can be seen poking out to one side! Please, also note the Clone Trooper helmet. Han has a walking stick in one hand and blaster in the other, while Leia is in her most comfortable robe. Notice that Han has gone grey, and both the old Rebels need spectacles now...

8393850323_c47a1e1301.jpg

We're Getting Too Old For This, Your Worshipfulness 2 by mjfirefly, on Flickr

A closer look at the old Rebels, with Kal Durusk making a swift getaway. The clouds of Bespin can be seen out through the pressurised window.

8393850235_716d694e14.jpg

We're Getting Too Old For This - Close Up of Elderly Han & Leia by mjfirefly, on Flickr

A closer look at Han and Leia, and the detail around the pressurised window.

8393850611_51043cd554.jpg

We're Getting Too Old For This - Close Up of Kal Durusk the Bounty Hunter by mjfirefly, on Flickr

Kal Durusk, a new Yuuzhan Vong Bounty Hunter, expert with blaster and sword.

8394968338_8924796dff.jpg

We're Getting Too Old For This - Close Up of Interior by mjfirefly, on Flickr

The interior of the vignette, the main centrepiece being the pressurised window, not unlike the one that Luke Skywalker shatters in his fight with Darth Vader in Cloud City.

8394935472_690ea53850.jpg

We're Getting Too Old For This - Close Up of Power Generator by mjfirefly, on Flickr

A Power Generator, providing lighting. Notice the electrical wiring and interface couplers.

8394935564_e51b5b0960.jpg

We're Getting Too Old For This - Close Up of Window & Door by mjfirefly, on Flickr

The door and exit for Kal Durusk, his ship waiting nearby amongst the swirling clouds of Bespin - notice the light indicating Exit...

8398394781_5d6141c4a1.jpg

We're Getting Too Old For This - Close Up of Elderly Han & Leia 2 by mjfirefly, on Flickr

A closer look at Han and Leia, a little vaseline over the lens to hide the wrinkles... Leia is dressed in her most comfortable robe (following the fashions of the over 70s on Coruscant) and has favoured her original 'bagel' buns hairstyle - for ease of tying her hair back in her older years.

Han is in his favourite black trousers and comfortable shirt - an old Rebel 'Endor' jacket completing the ensemble. He holds tightly to his walking stick, this fashioned from the tree that his dear departed Wookiee friend Chewbacca lived in on Kashyyyk, to always keep him close.

More pics here: We're Getting Too Old For This, Your Worshipfulness 1

Edited by Joff_Draeven

It does indeed fit in the small category. I have changed the title to reflect this. Nice idea, one thing I would consider doing would be retaking your pictures, since these are very grey and grainy, which makes it hard to appreciate the details.

Thanks for entering!

Thanks, have taken some different pics. I think they're a little better. Thanks for letting me know which category, it is a little confusing!

I love the idea. If they want to bring back the original cast then I don't think they could hope for anything but this as a result :-). The minifigs look like a perfect fit for an old Han Solo and Leia.

I've added a close up pic of the old Han and Leia minifigs, complete with description of their attire. I've also added descriptions of the other photos to give more of a sense of what is happening in each picture.

My amateur photo skills aren't up to muster though, letting it down I'm afraid. But it was my first ever MOC and post to this forum, so I guess I can be let off a little... :thumbup: