Those are some pretty awesome elf designs and decals. :thumbup:

Hi, those are amazing. I'm pretty keen on doing something similar in black, silver and grey, and was just wondering, using yours as a template, when I "save as" and open the picture in microsoft word, what size should i print them in (For torsos, legs and shield) ?Thanks.

Edit - Your gold lion's sick too, how'd you do the body?

Edited by ervinsim

Ervinsim, there is a topic here on Eurobricks on how to print decals using MSWord and it shows the size you should use on them -> http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=25534

Just a few tips from someone that took some time to figure out how to make the decals:

- You cant actually print metallic colors like silver and gold. The best you can do is printing on transparent sheets and use them on silver/gold painted pieces.

- Cold colors looks better on printed decals than warm colors. (I´m using an inkjet...)

- Black wont look good because you´ll lose all the details in the decals, unless you make all details in another color but I don´t think it´ll work well.

And if you mean my War Lion, I used the 2143-1 Rocka 3.0 parts to make it. I posted it here on Eurobricks also -> http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=62460

Thanks AshTree!

Thanks King Aragorn!

And I still looking for one or two more factions, I just haven´t found a new good color/logo combo for them. Any suggestions?

Edited by Fantu

Weird, I could have sworn I commented on this already.

Anyway, awesome decals!

How about a faction with more white + silver + some minor colour accent like one of the blues?

How about a dark elf faction? I wonder if someone has already tried that in a larger scale.

And I still looking for one or two more factions, I just haven´t found a new good color/logo combo for them. Any suggestions?

How about either a swan or stars on DarkBley and white with silver accents?

How about a faction with more white + silver + some minor colour accent like one of the blues?

How about a dark elf faction? I wonder if someone has already tried that in a larger scale.

Thanks Wardancer! Nice to have another Elven Lord commenting here. :sweet:

I do have a Dark Elf Faction, but they dont have any custom decals on them thats why I haven´t posted them... yet.

I like the white/silver idea, I´ll try it in LDD/POV and see if it works... Perhaps painting the minifig torso and shield in silver and printing the decals on transparent sheets may work...

How about either a swan or stars on DarkBley and white with silver accents?

I like the swan with stars idea. I saw an elven shield using swan with stars made by someone I cant recall now and it is great. But I was trying to avoid another bird like faction, the blues are eagle/falcon, the reds a phoenix. A wolf would be nice but there is too many wolf factions already, bears are not exactly elvish...

By the way, thanks for the comments, they helped a lot on looking for a new faction. I´ll post more as soon as I make them.

Thanks Wardancer! Nice to have another Elven Lord commenting here. :sweet:

I do have a Dark Elf Faction, but they dont have any custom decals on them thats why I haven´t posted them... yet.

I like the white/silver idea, I´ll try it in LDD/POV and see if it works... Perhaps painting the minifig torso and shield in silver and printing the decals on transparent sheets may work...

I like the swan with stars idea. I saw an elven shield using swan with stars made by someone I cant recall now and it is great. But I was trying to avoid another bird like faction, the blues are eagle/falcon, the reds a phoenix. A wolf would be nice but there is too many wolf factions already, bears are not exactly elvish...

Are the dark elves on your flickr account or somewhere I could see them?

I could well imagine a wolf elf faction in white. If you look at this:

http://www.hiredguns.nl/images/high-elf-chariot.jpg

White lions are almost like white wolves :-D. Some white wargs, white horses, the upcoming new 2013 castle silver lion armour...

No pics from the dark elves yet, but they needed much more love before they go to Flickr. But I´ll take some pics from them and post them later.

These Warhammer figs are awesome. I have tons of pics of these figs that I use as inspiration. And I already have an Elven War Lion... And those Chima Action Figures are going to give me much more mounts for my elven clans...

I think an elven wolf faction would use gray instead of plain white... I´ll try both and see what happens.

No pics from the dark elves yet, but they needed much more love before they go to Flickr. But I´ll take some pics from them and post them later.

Looking forward to seeing your version of the dark elves.. I've been trying to design decals for them, but got sidetracked making angels using chima wings xD

I think an elven wolf faction would use gray instead of plain white... I´ll try both and see what happens.

I am looking forward to seeing these.

Dark elves would necessarily have to be evil like the ones in Warhammer. They could just be bit more... grim and serious, some kind of protectors of the night. Or just evil riding dinosaurs :-D

Very nice. The gray and the dark red accents work very well together. If these were made, I would go out feeling packets again...

I am not sure about the brown legs. If I hide the legs on the screen with my hand and just look at the upper part of fig, brown is not a color I would expect for the bottom. Mixes warm and cold somehow. Anyway, that's just my taste.

The white hair is great, too!

Cool wolf guys. Was wondering if you had a clear elf head decal? Was pretty sure i saw one somewhere, but can't seem to find it anymore lol

Cool wolf guys. Was wondering if you had a clear elf head decal? Was pretty sure i saw one somewhere, but can't seem to find it anymore lol

Actually in the first post I linked the ED-209 topic where he shows the decals made by him that I used as a base to make some of mine. I´ll link the heads he made.

Elffacemale01.jpg

Elffacefemale01.jpg

Elffacemale02.jpg

Elffacemale03.jpg

Actually in the first post I linked the ED-209 topic where he shows the decals made by him that I used as a base to make some of mine. I´ll link the heads he made.

Elffacemale01.jpg

Elffacefemale01.jpg

Elffacemale02.jpg

Elffacemale03.jpg

Thanks, but I was looking for clear decals, basically without the yellow :classic:

Not sure how I missed this one in January, but really nice work here. Thanks for posting this. It gives me many expensive ideas. :grin:

Nice elvish army. Where are are the elven ladies though :laugh:

I have a few elven ladies, you can see some of them on my flickr pics like the one below.

8445544359_90384874b1_z.jpg

Not sure how I missed this one in January, but really nice work here. Thanks for posting this. It gives me many expensive ideas. :grin:

Thanks! Actually I made them to SAVE some money using old city minifigs like pilots and gas station attendant as new soldiers in my elven army.

dude those are sweet. I have an apple computer and I don't know where to make custom decals. anyone have any advice.