Savage Oppress

Set Falling apart while trying to build.

My son (8) had a really hard time building The LotR Orc Forge. The base of the platform where the light up brick is, is pretty unstable until you get those brick on top built. There are a couple of other spots that seem unstable at times and I'm surprised at some of the techniques LEGO used in this set.

I had a lego set fall apart on me today and it was the Shield Car from the Lego Marvel Superheroes: Spidercycle set with Nick Fury, Venom, and Spider-Man. I gave up on the Shield Car so it now looks like a Shield Dragster.

Edited by Savage Oppress

The Portal of Atlantis gave me some trouble initially. It's pretty complicated, but when it was finished it was robust enough. Awesome looking as well!

I don't remember. Maybe in my childhood. Though recently, no. But I'm a grown man and a lot less stupid...

The only times my sets failed is when they were MegaBloks when I was a kid. Broke during and after the build...

The Death Star II set definitely fell apart a few times while building. There's a particularly fragile stage when you're putting the halves together that is a little too easy to go wrong with, resulting in a big crash and a whole bunch of reassembling.

The Star Wars Episode II Jango's Slave 1. That's got to be one of the worst designed Star Wars ships ever. You even look at that thing and the whole bottom half falls off!

I remember the framework for the 7190 Millennium Falcon was very unstable until you added the large quarter dish pieces, and yes, Jango's Slave 1 was ridiculously fragile! The CITY Farm from 2009 is very tricky with the roof of the barn. It should have been made with walls, not posts. The 4483 AT-AT head always seemed to come apart while building. I see a trend here with Star Wars; come to think of it, Grievous' Wheel Bike was pretty flimsy too! But seriously, four sets out of a thirty-five year collection is not a bad record. I know there are some bad feelings about the 6210 ISD's design, but that fell apart after it was built.

I had some trouble with UCS millenium Falcon. Those panels are just laid on and keep moving or even falling of. Only stable part on it is main chasis, which could luckily be accesed when you remove top turret, everything else is unstable.

Anothe annoying set is SW Battle of Endor set. Building with shield generator is built on hinged plates with bad clip mechanism and to lock it you need to use too much forceand many times the buildng just falls apart. Other thing are side panels. They are just laid on and those on front even have "exploding" mechanism with very light trigger, whic sometimes triggers if you just lift the set.

Not with LEGO, but with Megablok... numerous times. Although, I could see that with some of the larger Star Wars sets. Some of those UCS sets seem very heavy, connected by only a few points :classic:

Yes, the gazebo from the winter village post office was really hard to put together.

Also, I someone always end up holding whatever it is I'm building in my hand, assuming it's small enough. I'm not good at following directions and putting all my pieces on the table. :) So, things have a tendency to crumble in my hand.

The mixing drum from my new 60018 Cement Mixer won't stay on its axle... but that's because one of the drum pieces has cracked and bent in such a way it can't lock onto the studs :sceptic:

The mixing drum from my new 60018 Cement Mixer won't stay on its axle... but that's because one of the drum pieces has cracked and bent in such a way it can't lock onto the studs :sceptic:

Just contact LEGO customer service and they usually send you a replacement part free of charge.

The Burrow from HP fell apart on me once. Otherwise, no, no problems here.

Yes, definitely The Burrow. Especially when attaching the bedrooms and when you start building the bottom floor.

Yes, definitely The Burrow. Especially when attaching the bedrooms and when you start building the bottom floor.

Thirded. Aside that, I can't really remember what other set kept falling apart.

Edited by Orange Leader