Sign in to follow this  
Sam892

Jurassic Park IV

http://www.universal...menet_JP4_1.pdfe giving the studio and filmmakers adequate time to bring audiences the best

possible version of the fourth installment in Universal’s beloved franchise. We could not

May 8, 2013

Statement from Universal Pictures – JURASSIC PARK 4

In coordination with filmmakers, Universal has decided to release Jurassic Park 4 at a

later date giving the studio and filmmakers adequate time to bring audiences the best

possible version of the fourth installment in Universal’s beloved franchise. We could not

be more excited about the vision that Colin Trevorrow has created for this film, and we

look forward to watching as he and the producers create another great chapter in this

franchise's storied history.he producers create another great chapter in this

franchise's storied history.

In other words, they have no idea what they're doing.

Spectacular.

^ I don't see it that way at all. In fact, ever since they announced a release date of June 13, 2014, I thought it was way too soon to put out a quality film. This is good news in my eyes; as long as they're still committed to making the project happen, I'm fine with them taking a little extra time to polish things up.

Edited by The_Chosen_1

It wouldn't surprise me if they didn't call it "Jurassic Park 4" but something more trendy, like "Jurassic". Or "Jurassic Park 2014". Anything but Jurassic Park 4.

Although big sequels are getting produced constantly, It's not trendy to have numbering in them anymore. How many recent sequels can you name that had a number in them? Not too many.

it would be nice if they got the original cast back, but they aren't getting any younger.

In other words, they have no idea what they're doing.

Spectacular.

My take is the studio is not liking what they are seeing in terms of script and preproduction, and are really not liking the requested budget, and have sent the whole thing back to square one.

There's some new JP news out. It came out a while ago but I forgot to post about. First of the a new release date has been shown, while it doesn't give the exact month and date a poster at the Licencing Expo for Jurassic Park had 2015 underneath it. Which is good and bad for me at the same time, it's good that we don't have to wait another four or five years but there's already a ton of films coming out that year. Terminator 5, Star Wars VII, Avengers 2, Ant man, Pirates 5, Independence Day 2, Fantastic four, Assassins Creed and a possible Justice League.

The second piece of news is about the possible plot of the film. Apparently the Original island has been turned back into a theme park, all of the dinosaurs are either muzzled or tamed and the park brings in millions of dollars very year. Again the inevitable happens and a couple of dinosaurs break out and start attacking guests. At this point the main characters decide to use the tamed Dinosaurs to fight the rouge ones. Also Jeff Goldblum, Sam Neil and Richard Attenborough are also apparently in talks to reprise their roles from the previous films. None of this has been confirmed as of yet but the rumour seems to be circulating around a lot of sites.

^ I'd be highly skeptical about Richard Attenborough returning. He'll be 90 years old in August and has been retired from acting for nearly 10 years.

Betty White is over 90 and still doing things, so anything is possible. However the plot of tame vs. wild is a bit offensive- if the original goal of Jurassic Park was to present dinosaurs as realistic animals and not monsters, then a story involving people forcing animals to fight, possibly to the death, would not be pleasant to watch. I have no problem with seeing animals, extinct or not, hunting, killing, and eating each other, and I don't have a problem seeing people, innocent or not, being eaten by animals. ( In films ) But I would not enjoy watching two people riding atop elephants that are trying to gore each other to death.

With the trend of reboots these days I'm surprised the JP franchise hasn't had one. A lot of the theories from 1993 used in the movies has been revised, updated, or even disproven, so continuing the story becomes difficult. I'm sure in a few decades we'll look back at JP and realize how inaccurate the dinosaurs actually were. A reboot could start fresh with current ideas without having to explain the past films. Back in 1993 when the movie came out all my friends wanted to know if I wanted a sequel, and I remember saying that they (Universal) should let this movie be remade, like Kong. Unfortunately they went the sequel route, so we have a classic film directed by Spielberg, followed by mediocre sequels- just like Jaws. I guess the advantage of direct sequels is more money coming in, instead of waiting a whole generation to retell the story.

Richard Attenborough could just have a cameo role in the film like he did with JP2. By the sounds of the rumoured plot, he could be on a news station trying to get the new park shut down.

Galaxy Explorer I agree about the Tame dinosaur idea, but I'm not sure a reboot would have been the best idea. Many people would be incredibly angry if it was remade, and wouldn't give the film a chance. Many people consider this film a classic like Star Wars or Back to the Future and would strongly avoid a reboot. I wouldn't mind personally.

And while your right out understanding of Dinosaurs have changed over the years, people still instantly recognise the classics scaled creatures. However they may feel put off looking at a T-Rex with feathers because it would differ largely from what has been ingrained in our minds over the years.

But it would be the same whenever they make the film. If they remade JP with Dinosaurs more like how we currently believe they now looked, I'm sure out understanding would change again in 30 years.

I'm surprised we didn't here anything about Jurrassic Park I'VE at comic con. Maybe they don't have a lot to tell us. That said WB announced Batman vs Superman and the only info they could give us was the director, writer and MoS cast.

Hopefully Sam Neil and Jeff Goldblum will return. They were great in 2 and 3 but I think they work best opposite each other.

Looks like we have a new official release date and name. The new film will be called Jurassic World and will be released on June 12th 2015.

I'm not terribly sure what to make of that. I'm not sure how I feel about those glass balls, They'll probably make for some amazing visuals, but they are a bit odd looking.

When is the real trailer coming out? Nevermind now I see it's friday, it is in the video :grin:

Edited by Cagast

My god that trailer was good, and the piano score at the end made the hairs on my neck stand up. I can't wait for this film, and the Great White Shark feeding scene looked incredible.

I love the franchise. Especially the books. Michael Crichton rules. I hope so much this movie is great. Please, be great! Please, be great!