• Average
    • Above Average
    • High Octane!
  2. 2. Which tanker do you prefer?

• 3180 Tank Truck (2010)
    • 60016 Tanker Truck (2013)

Overall: X My score: X

Good point.

Rating a model with an average of the several rates just doesn't make sense. When you rate the model, you have to take a look at the whole model, to value it, and say, "overall, I think it deserves X / 10".

I guess some of you read video game tests or stuff like that. In such a test, you will never read that the final rate is an average of all the other rates.

Edited by Anio

Did I already say that these are not available in Germany yet (today)? No? They aren't! :angry:

Sorry, I am just frustrated. :grin::blush:

Very nice review, Rufus. I'd just like to refer to this part:

... and the strange 1950s-throwback recovery truck :sceptic: :

I don't think it was a joke so I must say - that type of a recovery truck is quite common in certain parts of the world: :wink:

DSC03595.JPG

IMG_2329-2007.jpg

Perhaps this one has the nose more like the LEGO set:

vucna-sluzba-0-24-h-slika-17622731.jpg

And there's also an interesting chassis on some of them too (no, this isn't a malfunction):

vozilo-vucne-sluzbe-dizalo-fiat-pa-puklo-na-pola-504x335-20080622-20101019005638-94714.jpg

Did I already say that these are not available in Germany yet (today)? No? They aren't! :angry:

Sorry, I am just frustrated. :grin::blush:

It will be available in March, together with the Cement Mixer (60018) and Flatbed Truck (60017).

It will be available in March, together with the Cement Mixer (60018) and Flatbed Truck (60017).

Yes, I know. Still hoped it would be released earlier. I thought that it was March release worldwide, so I was pretty surprised to see it everywhere in the shop but in Germany. We have to live with that, I guess.

Yes, I know. Still hoped it would be released earlier. I thought that it was March release worldwide, so I was pretty surprised to see it everywhere in the shop but in Germany. We have to live with that, I guess.

You could order it at Bricklink f.e. - there are some from other EU countries who are selling it already as new and sealed.

great review, as always. i'm curious why you call one of the other models a "1950s throwback recovery truck". do they not have flatbed wreckers in Europe or am i missing something else?

Thanks for the great review.

I've never got myself a box of Lego toy since my aunt bought me one, more than 2 decades ago. I thought the Lego love in me has passed but I was wrong.

And this Octan tanker will probably be my first set of Lego in a long long time.