soccerkid6

Challenge VI: Just the Beginning

This is my first build for Challenge VI, used quite a few techniques I've tried before and a new one that I haven't seen used by anyone else before. On the top floor windows I used plate modified with ring to attach the tiles at the sides of the windows because I'd ran out of headlight bricks. The neat thing is using those you can put tiles on the inner part of a 1 wide wall, the SNOT tiles also sit farther into the wall than those attached to headlight brick.

Daydelon castle was built recently under the supervision of Glorfindel. After the elemental attacks his old castle was destroyed and not wanting to leave the town defenseless: Glorfindel ordered the construction of a new castle. Now he has rallied several clans that live in the mountains nearby and is riding out to attack Revolword:

8387989044_eafd69cc34_z.jpg (scored build 1)left-side.JPG

back.JPG

gatehouse-back.JPG

courtyard2.JPG

keep-top.JPG

keep-middle.JPG

keep-bottom.JPG

And tons more pics including interiors here: http://www.brickbuilt.org/?p=73

After gathering as many men as possible, including Erikur and Sigolf Brimbane, Glorfindel headed for Cedrica. As the troops were passing through northern Avalonia they came across a small group of Avalonians. The group huddled together with the men on the outer edge when it first saw the army . Upon seeing the Mitgardian flag one of the two soldiers in the cluster stepped forward and adressed Glorfindel: "Will you give us aid? The fortress of Cameria was taken by The Hand of Corruption and Cameria has been ravaged. Only we managed to escape with our lives. You have enough soldiers to take the castle back, the army that took the fortress was not large and it is only several days travel from here."

Glorfindel answered after some thought: "We will help you, we are on our way to Cedrica but every fortress is valuable."

overview.JPG

survivors.JPG

More pics: http://www.brickbuilt.org/?p=278

Glorfindel quickly planned the attack on the fortress and three days later the assault on the Fortress of Cameria began:

overview.JPG(scored build 2)

right-side.JPG

attack.JPG

Defender's view:

view2.JPG

The dwarves and some clansmen attack the doors:

tower.JPG

b-t.JPG

Looking up the river, as far as I know the bridge design is new:

river.JPG

waterfall:

fall.JPG

Armed with the element of surprise and outnumbering the defenders, the Mitgardian army soon had the fortress captured. Only a couple of the defenders were left alive, and only for questioning...

This build was heavily inspired by Sirens-of-Titan's incredible Vostok Fortress.Lots more pics here: http://www.brickbuilt.org/?p=285

After taking control of the fortress Glorfindel and his officers interrogated the two Hand of Corruption soldiers that had survived:

overview.JPG (scored build 3)

left.JPG

back.JPG

The interrogation:

q.JPG

The story these soldiers told was almost unbelievable...

Only days before Revolword, with two bodyguards, had come to inspect the town and congratulate the Hand of Corruption forces on another victory:

gh.JPG

Little did the fool realize how near his doom was. As Revolword left, his own guards and the Hand of Corruption betrayed him:

attack.JPG

attack-down2.JPG

The two bodyguards left at once to tell Rellik Nam of the success of his plans.

Revolword never realized Rellik, his supposed ally, was really using the wizard to further his own plan of dominance over Historica. The Hand of Corruption has grown strong while Historica has been weakened...

Glorfindel realizing the importance of this event, after confirming the truth of the tale, quickly wrote to Elon Chorian:

writing.JPG

Then he gave the letter to one of his most trusted soldiers and sent him to find Elon:

letter.JPG

Revolword has fallen, yet the Hand of Corruption is stronger than ever before and seeks total control of Historica...

Here are pictures of some of the other rooms not directly involved in the story:

nr.JPG

barracks.JPG

barracks2.JPG

a.JPG

sr.JPG

k.JPG

More detail pictures and pictures of the whole thing together here: http://www.brickbuilt.org/?p=399

And yes all these rooms are only one build, they all hook together to form the complete interior.

All C&C welcome :classic:

Edited by soccerkid6

Good looking castle there! I like the wood framed guard posts on either side of the gate. Looking forward to the rest of your builds!

Yeah! To hell with Revolword! Nice build, are you going to do a battle scene?

Possibly, not sure yet :classic:

Great! Mind if I use that idea sometime? I'll give you credit.

Go right ahead! I assume you're referring to the window design :look:

Good looking castle there! I like the wood framed guard posts on either side of the gate. Looking forward to the rest of your builds!

Thanks, I've been wanting to do some hoardings for a while and they fit perfectly there :classic:

nice castle sk, you have definetely developed you own style as it is instantly reconiseable as an sk build. Can't wait for the next builds to come. Btw, I have also started my first challenge six entry. Mitgardia is rolling again!!

I am loving your round builds you are doing theme every time much better.

I like the whole moc. The snot on the walls looks very good.

nice castle sk, you have definetely developed you own style as it is instantly reconiseable as an sk build. Can't wait for the next builds to come. Btw, I have also started my first challenge six entry. Mitgardia is rolling again!!

Thanks kabel :sweet: Glad to hear you've started on your entry as well :thumbup:

I am loving your round builds you are doing theme every time much better.

I like the whole moc. The snot on the walls looks very good.

Thanks!

Really nice work :thumbup: :thumbup: I really like the wooden structure over the entrance :wink:

Really nice work :thumbup: :thumbup: I really like the wooden structure over the entrance :wink:

Thanks, I was originally going to put those on the back corner but they ended up fitting there much better :classic:

Nice castle SK!

I love how you made all those stone brick effects !!!

Also very nice completed with all those tiles!

Nice castle SK!

I love how you made all those stone brick effects !!!

Also very nice completed with all those tiles!

Thanks DaMaximus, I have pretty much unlimited reddish brown 1x4 tiles (at least for the size build I do, I got them off a PaB wall) and my collection of bley and dark bley tiles is getting to be decent sized :classic:

Great stuff sk! Again great job on all the ornamentations and the woodwork is also really good. Also great that you added interior, gives it just that extra touch.

One minor thing though, I think knights will surely bump their heads when going trough the gate :wink:

Mitgardia is rolling again!!

Never stopped rolling, just a bit slower :classic:

Great stuff sk! Again great job on all the ornamentations and the woodwork is also really good. Also great that you added interior, gives it just that extra touch.

One minor thing though, I think knights will surely bump their heads when going trough the gate :wink:

Never stopped rolling, just a bit slower :classic:

Thanks Ecc! As to the gate there is just enough room for a mounted knight to fit under unless he had a plume, in which case he'd have to duck a little as this pic proves:

horses.JPG

Edited by soccerkid6

I swear I responded to this, but it must have been on Flickr...Anyway, great looking castle! At first I thought that was Victor riding through the gate....

I swear I responded to this, but it must have been on Flickr...Anyway, great looking castle! At first I thought that was Victor riding through the gate....

Thanks Kayne, if that was Victor Daydelon would either be in trouble or victorious :laugh:

great start! I like that you didn't go typical mitgardia and attack it with snow, I think you got just the right amount.

This is a great start for your entry. The castle is excellent and I can't wait to see your progress!

great start! I like that you didn't go typical mitgardia and attack it with snow, I think you got just the right amount.

Thanks!

This is a great start for your entry. The castle is excellent and I can't wait to see your progress!

Thank you, I've got the castle just about completely torn apart so I can start on my second chapter :classic:

Here's a pic of the window technique if anyone was interested:

window.JPG

A great little castle! The hoardings are my favourite part! To bad we don´t have PaB in Sweden!

This build gives me a feeling you've been studying old instructions. I hate to start a sentence with have you, but have you? This has such a classic feel to it.

Edited by Captain BeerBeard

A great little castle! The hoardings are my favourite part! To bad we don´t have PaB in Sweden!

Thanks dG, we in the US certainly have it made as far as LEGO goes :classic:

This build gives me a feeling you've been studying old instructions. I hate to start a sentence with have you, but have you? This has such a classic feel to it.

Thanks Captain :sweet: Actually I have a little, when I did my set rebuild I looked at those instructions quite a bit and I built this castle in a very similar style. I didn't even think about that till you brought it up :laugh:

I've down toned the elaborateness (decoration wise) of my builds a lot and I like the effect much better this way :classic:

A solid looking castle! Reminds me of a castle in the Scottish highlands. Excellent job! :thumbup:

Thanks, I like castles to be solid :laugh:

Agreed with the above comments, your castle does have a very solid look - the only thing that i feel is missing is a hill to put it on, with some outer fortifications! But that would probably make your moc unfeasably large. :wink: I love the double "D" shaped towers in front, and the attention to detail in the courtyard is great. I'm looking forward to your other round 6 builds! :thumbup: