vean

MOD: Sports cars - Minifig scale

sport1.png

Sports cars inspired of #60007 LEGO set.

By these models, I wished to offer to LEGO minifigs more realistic vehicles.

These models can be described as European supercars: Some elements are inspired of Italian brands.

Download the LXF file : http://rapidshare.co...6/60007mod3.lxf

opening_engine_compartment_version.png

blue_car.png

The opening of the back compartment authorizes the access to the engine. It is necessary to tilt the driver seat forwards beforehand.

opening_engine_compartment_protocol.png

Support it on cuusoo: http://lego.cuusoo.c...deas/view/33538

Edited by vean

Nice cars, I think most mini-fig scale cars are way to narrow at four studs wide, that does not even give the impression of a car large enough for two figures side by side. At six studs wide these look much more like a proper car. I have supported your project on Cuusoo.

Hola!

The red and yellow versions were great, but the new blue and medium azure (?) versions are off the chain! The back ends are some of the smoothest, best-looking finishes to a car I've seen. They don't look exactly like a Veyron, but they have a Veyron-esque vibe. Am toatally checking out the instructions linked on your Cuusoo page. Top work, thanks for sharing.

EvMan

Edited by EvMan

I'm really not a fan of the sports car in 60007. It just doesn't quite "work" for me. But as much as I dislike the official version, I like your mods at least that much or more. Particularly the yellow and the darker blue.

I'm diggin' that spoiler on the light blue version. :thumbup:

The colour choice on these models a awsome, the models are awsome, well thought out, simple but very effective :thumbup:

To Luke Styer: I dislike the sport car in the set 60007 too. I wanted to show that by changing less than 10% of the parts, it could be possible to obtain something better.

These cars are great, they should be in Lego sets instead of the ones we currently see.

To Luke Styer: I dislike the sport car in the set 60007 too. I wanted to show that by changing less than 10% of the parts, it could be possible to obtain something better.

You definitely pulled that off. I'm thinking now about what I can do to my copy of the 60007 car, or just rebuild from the ground up aping your design.

To Phazon: We will again discuss about the limo (Modular theater set) :sceptic:

True! Lego should have made a better limo. From the positive side, there is a new candidate for modifying.

Half of 2013 vehicles are disappointing. I have the feeling that CITY theme was not one priority of LEGO for this year.

We again serve to us "firemen", "policemen" and very few other things. I believe to relive the worst years of the group. I really hope to make a mistake and that the future CITY sets will make me lie! :cry_sad:

It's time to surprise us. When shall we see again stores and houses back in the catalog? Or just some small sets with a vehicle.

Edited by vean

I really like the light blue mod. But I think your Cuusoo has too many cars with only small variations - I think it would be better to focus on 4 or 5 that all vary lots.

Keep it up!

Great work I would like to do one of these in orange and black but I don't have enough orange pieces right now.

Hello. I was just reviewing older posts and I encontered this one.

The lxf file is no longer available. :cry_sad:

Can someone re post it?

hey Vean i like your car ideas alot, but i was unable to go on cuusoo. could you release instructions on the yellow/black lambo-like car? i'd love to make something like that!

dude, i love the yellow car with the black stripe sports car inspired by #60007. also, it won't let me on cuusoo. but how did ou build the #60007, itt's awesome!

hey Vean i like your car ideas alot, but i was unable to go on cuusoo. could you release instructions on the yellow/black lambo-like car? i'd love to make something like that!

dude, i love the yellow car with the black stripe sports car inspired by #60007. also, it won't let me on cuusoo. but how did ou build the #60007, itt's awesome!

Hey BrickBeast87! - If you go to MOCpages at this link (http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/390267) there is a download of the multiple sports car LDD file. A similar yellow and black sports car is in with the others. Oran Cruzen