Kelso

Lego star wars build

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

So i am almost done with sorting all my lego (thank god).

And i want to start building a rebel base, I think hoth but im not sure yet.

But this is my first big build.

So i am in need of tips and tricks to build :).

question changed, what is the best way to make a nice build but don't make it to expensive?

Edited by Kelso

Before I create something big I always search as many as pics of Mocs, and real pics/artwork of the location you want to make. A rebel base could be located on almost any SW planet, so which one do you want to choose? A desert, jungle, urban, or even a waterworld?

After that I always make a list of things I want to have like an elevator, turret, command room and so on. After that I begin with a rough sketch of what I want to build, how to place everything and such. Normally I make three sketches and make a fourth a day later (since in the meantime I can get kickass ideas and clear my head a little). And then I start building, even though big builds tend to take months to finish.

I must say Hoth is one of my favorite battles, and with the new sets Lego released last years it can truly be something great

Hope this helped! :wink:

Edited by Brickviller

Thank you, and since you live in holland aswell. Do you ever buy seperate lego pieces? If so where would be good places to buy them from ?

Thank you, and since you live in holland aswell. Do you ever buy seperate lego pieces? If so where would be good places to buy them from ?

I would advice to use Bricklink, since that seems to be the cheapest option around. Or you could try Pick a Brick from Legoshop.com but they're a little expensive compared to the former one.

Hi & welcome the Eurobricks!

I'd also recommend Bricklink (link here) - I've used it a lot in the last year and everyone I've dealt with has been great. It's also, usually, far cheaper than Lego's 'Pick a brick' (link here) although they can be good for larger plates and, oddly, 2x2 tiles!

If you're looking for inspiration, I haven't seen any better than brickplumber's version (link here) :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: although it could be fairly expensive to replicate!!

Yes i have seen that build, its amazing but i don't have the pieces for that haha.

But im reconsidering about the theme. Im not sure if i want a rebel or republic base. hmm disisions. lol.

Hi there, I live beneath you both in Belgium :wink: I'm building the Hoth Echo Base since two years from now.

I started with rethinking everythink very well before I start with something crazy and then I begun with looking the 5th movie about a 100 times.

I searched pics of other MOC's of Hoth and all the idea's came up immediately. Here are pics for some idea's:

dsc04279.jpg

If you like this, you may ask for more pics. It's just a suggestion.

Hi there, I live beneath you both in Belgium :wink: I'm building the Hoth Echo Base since two years from now.

Wow, man! You've got a pretty good setup there. I'm a little jealous of your Falcon and set collection. If this is all yours, It looks very nice. I would love to do a Hoth display like this. :laugh::thumbup:

*snip*

Hi Empire911, that's looking really impressive! :wub: :wub: Could you post some more photos; perhaps you could start a new thread? I'm sure that a lot of other members would like to see more details (including me!!).

Cheers, Robin :classic:

*oh2* Impressive work Empire911 :thumbup: :thumbup: I can't wait to see it finished :wink:

Thanks for all the good comments, I will start a new topic when the base itself is finished.

For more pics go to Brickself -> Space -> Hoth. It is new so it is on the fist page. :wink:

Thanks, it looks really promising (link here) to save anyone having to look for them! That's also a great collection, you must have a serious lego addiction :laugh:

Ok so my plans changed a bit. Got alot of money paid into bills so i don't have alot to spare on lego.

Are there any tips on building a lego base without having to pay alot ?

I recommend you buy some official Hoth sets (for example the 2013 Battle of Hoth, the 2011 Echo Base or the 2010 Rebel Trooper Battle Pack) and then MOD them all into a large Hoth MOC.