matias bendtsen

MOC: LEGO turntable by Tupolev

Magnificent work and a great job in keeping it so low.

But that engine shed is simply perfect.

I also like the scale of it. It is very good that it can actually fit a decent train like the EN. Most other turntables I have seen are way too small for that.

Hard to say what is the more beautiful part of it.

The train shed has just the right scale to make big locomotives also look big but still fit and also the pictures from inside on cuusoo look pretty nice.

But also the turntable is just genius. Will be way easier to put it in a layout flat like it is.

Great work and all the best for the voting on cuusoo! Me vote you got ;)

Thanks for the many support words.

The gap is only in the LDD version if you look at the youtube video I have used one half of the flex track remove the gap. It works great.

This turntable is amazing, great idea to use the curved road base plates! I have just had a look at your video and it seems to work well

What does the deck roll on at its outer edges?

Edited by English Electric

Yes I have made many runs on it a it works very well. I now working on a version there the final bricks are in place (i missed some as you might be able to spot) and

and also with 2 turn road plates that is also missing.

That is a very good idea using those road plates and your video shows it working a treat.

Edit. Have just supported it for you. (And the rest of us!)

Edited by Hrw-Amen

Now 93 supporters, I was the 25th!

It is a great idea to make it work on a flat surface: thus everybody, even child, will be able to add it into their layout.

Even more: make the round house modular il also really nice!

I really like your project. The only point I find that is not so well done is the fact taht tracks and plates moves around the turntable when loco runs over it. But I'm sure it can be fixed easily with some 1x1 round plates!

Great job! Congrats. I hope you'll get tones of supporters on cuuso!

I've just supported it.

Great creation.

Unfortunately it will never reach 10.000 supporters as LEGO Trains are not mainstream anymore...

You've got my support as well!

It would be great to have a turntable in my layout without having to saw a big hole in the table...

I supported as well, even if it doesn't hit the number you can still bricklink it easy enough if you really want to build it.

If you didn't noticed it, thebrickblogger.com has just posted a nice preview on this turntable.

Here's the link: http://thebrickblogger.com/2013/01/lego-cuusoo-lego-train-turntable-and-roundhouse/

The only problem I have noticed is that you used 18 tracks for the entire circle.

This means an inclination of 20 degrees, while regular curves have an inclination of 22.5 degrees.

So you can't use a curve to make two parallel tracks.

I know that this is probably due to the pieces you used to make the base, but I think that a design more consistent with official sets could be a benefit.

Thanks for the LDD files on Cuussoo.

What I'm wondering: you use the double conical gears Z12 on the ends as wheels to turn the table. But the two conical gears that make both 'wheelsets' turn in different directions coming from the motor also touch the ground, and therefor will want to give the table partly an opposing direction. Or are you planning to put the two loose rubber bands in the LDD file around the double conical gears that act as wheels?

That I exactly how it did it. The rubber tires fit between the two gears and makes it work. When you use the rubber bands the other gears dos not touch the baseplate.

Thanks for clarifying. And is the little 90 degree turned wheel under the green house (3-4 studs back from where the operator is standing) there to prevent it tipping sideways? Don't you need one on the other side as well?

No becasue the wight of the battery box is only on one side. Let me know your results with the LDD. And it would be great if others would make new rendering or images of the turntable.