mobricki

American School Bus

This is based on the classic yellow school bus. I built this awhile ago but never took any pictures of it. I have modified it a few times since I originally built it.59927_10200332360299877_1475685719_n.jpg150080_10200332360659886_491933772_n.jpg6125_10200332358379829_1999246109_n.jpg

report.php?id=34100759&type=report&uid=31322&sid=192669470428067_10200332359459856_1561831857_n.jpg

Edited by mobricki

I like it, very clean lines and heavy feel to it. The stripe down the side looks great too. The windows would probably be better with the glass facing outwards however.

My only criticism would be that the back wheel is too far back. On a real bus there's quite a bit of hang over in the rear to allow it to still make a tight turn - something like this.

I think you've capture the lines nicely here, you even managed the swing out stop sign - nice touch. :thumbup:

As 'pinioncorp' mentions the back wheels could stand to be a bit further forward by 3 or 4 studs.

I love it. It perfectly captures the look and feel of a classic American school bus. That roof is just perfect. You can almost hear the children screaming and torturing a nerd.

Looks just as ugly as the real thing so a good job I guess...

I would raise the suspension by one plate as it looks like the suspension sits too low IMO. Also, the door doesn't look like it's deep enough. I guess you're trying to reprsent the window in the door doesn't go all the way down but it just looks like the door is too small...

Cheers

Rog

Great looking bus 'mobricki', it totally looks like a US school bus.....even if was driven by this guy

Simpsons_Otto_Mann.png

Brick On Drive On 'mobricki' ! :grin:

I like it, very clean lines and heavy feel to it. The stripe down the side looks great too. The windows would probably be better with the glass facing outwards however.

My only criticism would be that the back wheel is too far back. On a real bus there's quite a bit of hang over in the rear to allow it to still make a tight turn - something like this.

Looks just as ugly as the real thing so a good job I guess...

I would raise the suspension by one plate as it looks like the suspension sits too low IMO. Also, the door doesn't look like it's deep enough. I guess you're trying to reprsent the window in the door doesn't go all the way down but it just looks like the door is too small...

Cheers

Rog

Thanks for the feedback I'll put up new pics when I tweek it.

The bus looks great. I like the black stripes down the side, and I like how the nose and rear lights are- they look just right, shape-wise.

My only qualms with the bus are that the doors to let the kids out are too high off the ground, normally when I see a school bus the doors go almost all the way to the ground- I think you'd need to stand on a box to get in the door of this bus; and the rear wheels. I agree with the others who said so before, they should be further away from the rear.

Other than that, I think you've done a terrific job making this school bus. Well done to you. :)

By the way, can it fit any Minifigures inside, or is it not big enough?

Nice bus mobricki. It would fit well next to our other city vehicles. Although, I think you need to move the rear wheels forward, like so. The

behind the axle were always my favorite as a kid. Keep up the good work :classic:

That is awesome. The shape and overall look is spot on. I especially love the classic shape of the front end and the use of the cheese graters for the grille.

The only tiny quibble I have is a lack of "steps" into the front door. But then, I cannot think of how it would done so I'll just be quiet. ;)

Very nice. Raising the suspension would allow you to use 2 of the the 2x3 window for the door. which kind of hangs below the body of the bus in reality. Then all It needs a suspension bridge to hang off for the classic school kids in peril scenario. :innocent:

Okay so I updated it and I believe I solved all the major flaws. It now has a removable roof as well and as you can see the school baseball team is headed to their game. I lowered the door and raised the suspension.6644_10200357234841725_1772869340_n.jpg66416_10200357234601719_1319724775_n.jpg314217_10200357237281786_1596584812_n.jpg582249_10200357236041755_1630034332_n.jpg

That is pretty much perfect now. Great job. Next challenge is to make the door so it opens!

It's still ugly but I guess that is accurate...

Cheers

Rog

Edited by rriggs

Those few changes have made a huge difference. As rriggs said, pretty much perfect now.

Okay so I updated it and I believe I solved all the major flaws.

I'm not sure I'd go as far as to say it had major flaws to start with, but you've significantly improved the model. Great piece!

I've struggled with making an operational door for my school bus for ages now. After seeing your bus, I may just give up. It looks fantastic. Great job.

That is pretty much perfect now. Great job. Next challenge is to make the door so it opens!

It's still ugly but I guess that is accurate...

Cheers

Rog

That is next on my list but I'm not sure if I will be able to without major design changes.