Sign in to follow this  
def

Eurobricks Mafia Day Two: Moonlight Medicine

Mayor: Hinckley

Survive the night and we'll know the truth.

:wacko: :wacko:

*umbrella and raincoat again*

Why place this vote?

Why not the other vote?

If you're so convinced, then

you should try to lynch me again.

Why the elaborate setup?

Put me in the mayor getup?

Then you let me survive the night.

And lynch me tomorrow, right?

*tappity tap splash, tappity tappity tap splash*

Why place this vote?

Why not the other vote?

We could place both votes, to be honest. That might actually cut our losses for the night. Clearly the scum didn't kill on night one for fear of getting someone on the other half of their team, but once a mayor was in place, they saw a safe target and killed him. With you elected and lynched, they might not feel secure killing tonight, and we'd end up ahead, plus getting rid of a scum.

Thank you for your suggestion, it might be the most helpful thing you do for the town in this whole game. :sweet:

* Night one = Night zero, the first night. Whatever.

*the revolve brings a barricade. Waltzing a dingier rag waltz, French Revolution in full swing*

On my own,

Knowing they might lynch me

Is this a dream?

Could one of you quick pinch me?

The lies

and metagaming piles up,

Let’s take a look at all the crap

And stories that he’s made up

Start Day One,

The votes come in together

That is strange

Like changes in the weather

Oh no,

the Scum would never do that

But that is just reverse psychology

and so I boo that.

Meatshielding,

That’s what I was accused of,

Weird that Flare

Being Town leaves me recused of…

…meatshielding.

But does he acknowledge that?

No, because his argument

Is false and therefore falls flat.

Then he says,

I will attack him pointlessly,

Pre-empting

The argument he’s sleezy.

"He’ll hurt them,

Hinck will hurt the Town like always,"

Now he’s just attempting

To get an emotional rise out of me.

Come Day Two,

No mention of the failed meatshield theory,

DarkDragon,

Apparently was weary

And now that,

I’ve guessed she was the psych,

“DarkDragon said I had SK tells”

That sounds desperate and it smells.

And now,

He’s voted me for mayor

Just to see

If I survive the slayer.

What the megabluck?

That makes zero sense.

If he is so convinced I’m Scum

He should vote to lynch my bum!

Now I think

That their whole game is WIFOM

In a game like this,

It’s gutsy to play WIFOM

But who,

Would ever guess they’d do that?

So maybe we should look for

amateur Scum-tells from the past!

Never mind,

Apparently he want to lynch me too.

So the mayor

is inaugurated on gallows.

Again, what the megabluck?

Should we do this every day?

And what happens when the vote is

tied and a Scum decides his own fate??

*sadly waltzes while the cast of Les Miserables gets slaughtered over a makeshift barricade behind him*

*Enormous set change, big dance production number, Hippie wigs and flower pants*

Let the Sun Shine, let the Sun Shine in, the Sun Shine in, :grin:

I think I found a Scum, he clearly thinks I'm Scum,

now what is to be done?

:sceptic:

How can I tell you who?

And delay the connection of the two.

What on Earth are we to do???

If I tell you who,

the other team will find him too.

Oh my God, it's too easy to do. :cry_sad:

Him, we have to lynch,

but we're in a pinch,

The team merger is such a cinch.

How to do this?

Help me through this?

I might say "Boo, hiss!"

Help the Sunshine,

Help me lynch the ScumShine,

Let the Sunshine in!!

*confusedly dances and worriedly prances around, leaping and spinning*

*dances a little more stoned-like and be-friends the moon again*

When the moon is in the seventh house,

and Jupiter aligns with Mars,

I realize I didn't explain fully

and now you guys are all like "Hars? :wacko:

It's dawning on me that we've found our first Scum,

he contacted me thinking I'm Scum

He think I'm Scum.

He's clearly Scum! He thinks I'm Scum.

How on Earth do we lynch him?

His identity is the lynchpin.

Once I reveal it to you,

I reveal it to Scum team 2.

Then the Scum are all like "Woo-hoo!"

Oh, what to do?

Oh, what to do?

Funny I know he was blocked too.

He was blocked on Night Zero.

Notice there was no throat slicer

just a chandelier dicer

Was the MO just nicer

or did we block Scum?

Did we block Scum?

*hippy dance break. Dances naked under the moon*

Have I explained the situation?

This is such a dance nation!

*Hippies!*

Sorry for all of the confusion,

I'm just happy dancy dancy,

and I love to sing and prancy,

We found a Scum!

It's clearly a Scum.

But, what to do?

How do we get through?

Damn it, before I could think

I felt confused like I had a drink

this next part is going to stink

I quoted his PMs

to another player, bum-bi-dems,

What if they're Scum??

What if they're both Scum?

*dances more worriedly and confusedly*

*hippy dance continues*

Oh never mind!

The PM part is fine.

The person who,

I quote to,

already knew about the block.

He knew about the block!

That doesn't totally rock.

But the PMs are fine,

he already knew we intertwined.

*hippie hippie shake shake dance dance*

Ugh. So much to read. :sadnew: I've been reading now for 2 hours. I really dropped the ball.

Anyways...

I can't say I'm entirely surprised Flare turned up Town. Honestly, I only voted for him to avoid the penalty. I was confusing him with MacK, so I think that speaks to how distracted I was that day/night (IRL it was like 3 AM when I made that post). I didn't even notice that Hinck had been voted for 3 times, a few posts back. Normally I would stand up against a lynch such as Flare's because it's usually just a noob who said something odd that drew attention, but I realized after Ragnarok that that doesn't normally help anything at all. :sceptic: So I chose to lazily follow the bandwagon. I'd be really surprised if the Day one lynch actually resulted in a scum killed. I'm a bit suspicious that Tammo seems so vocal about how sure he was that Flare was Town (from all his "Towntells") and his annoyance with that bandwagon. No offence, but you weren't as vocal yesterday when it mattered, and emphasizing your opinion after the fact isn't particularly helpful.

The vote on Hinckley that formed seconds before I posted yesterday is actually quite interesting. I had been somewhat suspicious of Hinck for his aggressive posts earlier in the day, but I don't know if my suspicion stemmed from surprise at Hinck's uncharacteristic behavior, or me actually thinking it was a scum-tell (a word I hate almost as much as Ping.) After reviewing Ragnarok Day 1, and crying a bit that my epic last second final post was lost forever, I'm leaning more on the first option than the second. Hinck's scum behavior in that game was allot of roleplaying and very little analysis (and a gross scene with a dog :sick: ), and while he was a good bit more aggressive/dickish yesterday than normal, he did make posts that were more than, "I agree with you, what do you have to say about that mister?" That said, I'm still not as comfortable with his Townieness as I was in Heartbreak, but I had reason to trust him then.

As for who I think we should vote for Mayor, I haven't the faintest idea. Shadows' Idea sounds, no offence, silly and almost antagonistic. I'd be inclined to vote for myself, as I'm the only individual I trust at the moment, but I don't want to be Mayor/die, and I don't trust myself to be the deciding vote in a tie situation.

As for the killers, I am not as sure now as I was yesterday that the chainsaw killer is scum. He could be the SK too. :hmpf: I don't know if 3 MOs indicate 3 killers yet. The chandelier can't be a consistent way of killing, and it's possible that the caped killer was the same individual who used the chandelier yesterday. I, personally, and somewhat despite evidence to the contrary, think that the chainsaw killer is scum, the chandelier killer, the SK, and the caped killer, the vig. This is based on how they're presented in the opening, not because I know anything, or I think that their targets enforce this line of thought. Additionally I'm not as sure about any of this as I was yesterday, as DD's death at the hands of the scum doesn't make much sense unless they were planning on using her death to either influence Hinck's lynch or give credence to Hinck's statements--both of which either revolve around Hinck or demonstrate my slight fixation on him. :def_shrug:

I want to know what people think about the Witch role that seems to be cursing people, Hinck today. Is it a scummy role, or is it Town affiliated? I can see it being either. It really distracts the Town, and perhaps grants some level of ethos-esque defense to those afflicted, but it could just be a randomish power held be a townie who has been trying to use it somehow to help us (If that's the case, and you can without suffering a vote penalty, stop.) I think it would make the most sense as a scum-held role, but naturally this is unverifiable speculation. If that is the case, then I wonder what it means that Hinck is now cursed. Would the scum curse one of their own in order to counter somewhat the predicted arguments he'd be facing today, or would they curse him in order to slick his lynch today by removing his loquaciousness and ability to form solid arguments. If the latter is the case, it doesn't seem to have worked particularly well.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Huh. I didn't see Hincks immense song and dance number before I posted. Interesting. we do indeed have a conundrum. Well, we have to lynch him somehow, and now that he knows you know (as I'm sure he'll recognize himself in your words), he may just come forward and try to connect the teams anyway. I guess if we Lynch him at the last second that'd help. :sceptic: I don't know. But yay! at least we found one. Unfortunately, it seems that someone has trusted you with a role, which would be dumb in a normal game (no offence--at this point I think Town Blocks are pretty bad), but may be horrendously bad in this game. :cry_sad:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

*hippie hippie shake shake dance dance*

When someone is part of the town and wants to help it, they speak clearly and keep it short enough that everyone will read it. You're obviously under some outside influence, or want us to believe you are with this song and dance, but even excusing that, it should be possible to make more sense with less volume of crap inbetween, otherwise it's just the standard wall of text the scum use to confuse and distract. I seem to recall people pointing out that Big Cam could have been a little more helpful between his poopy attacks, well, I think you could do a little better here. The sheer volume of your songs makes it almost seem like you were prepared for whatever this is, like you did it to yourself to try to seem innocent.

As for who I think we should vote for Mayor, I haven't the faintest idea. Shadows' Idea sounds, no offence, silly and almost antagonistic.

Here is why it's neither. We're required to pick a mayor, we don't have a choice. We did it yesterday, and by doing so, we said "this is someone we trust, or at least as much as possible at this point." That told the scum exactly who to kill or convert. So how do we stop that problem? We elect the person we plan to lynch. That leaves the scum with no vote of confidence to take advantage of. In the current situation, given the deaths of last night, especially darkdragon's and the suspicions she had, on top of my own, I don't see any other logical vote today but Hinck, thus I voted for him for mayor. I know we're going to have to suffer 10 more rambling and completely off topic "woe is me" songs before then as he does his usual routine of avoiding the real issues for lots of little made up ones mostly based on personal issues, but I sincerely think it will net us our first scum. So far, nothing has been said to change my mind on that.

*red wig, red dress, tippity tap*

The Sun'll come out,

Tomorrow,

bet your bottom dollar that,

Tomorrow,

I have a plan.

Everyone work on it

Tomorrow,

but if we all smile and work

Together,

it'll scan.

When I think of the Scum

so gray and lonely

too many PM Scum tricks

to pick,

those priiiiiiiiicks!

Oh, this guy is on team

Conversion,

So, you have to pretend to be

Kill version,

So we're clear.

Oh, we're a clever group,

Today,

so I won't be too specific,

Today,

Lend your ear!!!

Tomorrow, Tomorrow!

Start thinking,

Tomorrow,

It's only a day away

Tomorrow, Tomorrow!

Be clever,

Tomorrow,

We all have to play

Tomorrow, Tomorrow!

I'll reveal it,

Tomorrow,

We all have to come up with a way....

To confuse them, confuse them!

They won't know who to refuse then,

I think that's the oooooooooon...lyyyyyyyyyyyy... :sing:...waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

*dances with Sandy, tippity tippity tap bark bark tippity tap*

When someone is part of the town and wants to help it, they speak clearly and keep it short enough that everyone will read it. You're obviously under some outside influence, or want us to believe you are with this song and dance, but even excusing that, it should be possible to make more sense with less volume of crap inbetween, otherwise it's just the standard wall of text the scum use to confuse and distract. I seem to recall people pointing out that Big Cam could have been a little more helpful between his poopy attacks, well, I think you could do a little better here. The sheer volume of your songs makes it almost seem like you were prepared for whatever this is, like you did it to yourself to try to seem innocent.

*dons sailor suit and Austrian haircut again*

Do-a deer, a female deer,

Re-I found a megablocking Scum,

Me-the guy you love to hate,

Fa-a long long post to run.

*dances off*

It is interesting that we're assuming that the scum killed Corny. Why are we assuming that? Perhaps because certain people here know more than others? It is possible that a vigilante got him, is it not? That's a kill method we haven't seen yet (the cutting the throat from behind). It is possible that the scum or SK (whoever killed with chandelier yesterday) was blocked. Why has no one considered that option? Chandelier and knife to the throat don't seem like similar methods of killing to me. :sceptic:

Not really, I personally think Cornelius was killed by the scum (although it'd be sort of a risky move on their part). But I'm really saying that if her killer was a lynch target or not it'd take some pressure off of them today if Darkdragon was still alive.

But that could always mean that the killer could be someone that didn't have any worries about being lynched, because they knew that if they killed Darkdragon then it wouldn't push any pressure onto them.

I think the worry for the scum killers should be that their target was protected or watched, which seems reasonable for a freshly elected mayor. What does the killer being a 'lynch target' have to do with it? :wacko:

Good points. Although Darkdragon's killer always could have just killed her because she seemed scummy in the day thread. And it would make sense for Cornelius to be killed by the scum because this was that killer's first kill tonight, and it'd be risky for them to kill on Night Zero. But like you said, my theory makes no sense if Darkdragon's killer was Town.

As Hinck already indicated, interesting observation indeed that you seem so sure it was their first kill last night. def mentioned a team of killers. Perhaps the kill can rotate and each player has their own MO. Who knows? Anyway, I think it's too early to draw any conclusions regarding this.

Corny was likely killed because we trusted him and the scum don't need us trusting anything right now, though that makes me wonder why he wasn't converted instead. I think that at least confirms that the scum teams aren't working together yet or they would have made a smarter decision there.

"Converted instead"? How can you be sure there was no conversion attempt? But I do hope you're right. I knew Hinck took the risk with you in Ragnarok, but would be willing to take the risk of being watched or having your target protected? The same goes if you're a converter, I guess. Tammo suggested there might be a role that prevents conversion too.

We could place both votes, to be honest. That might actually cut our losses for the night. Clearly the scum didn't kill on night one for fear of getting someone on the other half of their team, but once a mayor was in place, they saw a safe target and killed him. With you elected and lynched, they might not feel secure killing tonight, and we'd end up ahead, plus getting rid of a scum.

I don't see the mayor as a safe scum target at all. Sure, if the crowd votes him for mayor, the likelihood the mayor is town increases, but the risk of the mayor being watched or protected also increases. However, if the scum killed Corny, I doubt they're simply going to repeat their night one gambit.

It's dawning on me that we've found our first Scum,

he contacted me thinking I'm Scum

That seems like a rather bold move.

Funny I know he was blocked too.

He was blocked on Night Zero.

Notice there was no throat slicer

just a chandelier dicer

Was the MO just nicer

or did we block Scum?

So he's a killer...

Oh, this guy is on team

Conversion,

So, you have to pretend to be

Kill version,

So we're clear.

... or a converter?

Did you just find two scum? :wacko:

Her death didn't make a lot of sense to me when I first read it, given that she was already suspected and would have probably had a hard time surviving today, but now it's becoming crystal clear.

darkdragon was suspected by JimB, Rick and Hinckley yesterday (and Hinck threw a few accusations around), so I disagree with your view that she would have had a hard time surviving today. To use that as a jumping board to assume that Hinck was the SK and killed her is quite a big leap. He may well be, but just because darkdragon thought she was going to be killed by the SK doesn't mean she was right and that she actually was.

Survive the night and we'll know the truth.

Out of interest, how will Hinck surviving the night affect your opinions on his allegiance? Surely the most conclusive way to know what he is, is to kill him and then see?

Here is why it's neither. We're required to pick a mayor, we don't have a choice. We did it yesterday, and by doing so, we said "this is someone we trust, or at least as much as possible at this point."

I was under the impression that people voted for Cornelius not because they trusted him, but rather because they would be better able to discern if he had been converted at any point. For that exact reason I thought he was actually a poor choice, given that he's pretty good at playing scum.

You're voting for the mayor with the intent to lynch them later. I can understand your reasoning, but mayoral votes are locked in, and votes for mayor are specifically in the first 24 hours of the day. So you are essentially locking in your lynch vote now, with so much of the day to go, and without the ability to change it. And if you do change your mind to vote someone else later, you have someone you don't trust sitting in the mayoral position.

"Converted instead"? How can you be sure there was no conversion attempt? But I do hope you're right. I knew Hinck took the risk with you in Ragnarok, but would be willing to take the risk of being watched or having your target protected? The same goes if you're a converter, I guess. Tammo suggested there might be a role that prevents conversion too.

There's no way to be sure they didn't try to convert him as well, that's true. Personally, I hope they did, that would mean they didn't convert someone else we don't suspect. My point, however, was that since they killed him, I think it's very unlikely that the two teams have found each other. If they had, I think they would have converted him and killed someone else instead of killing him. Let's face it, I know how scum think and that's what I would have done in that situation, which tells me they're either noobs or not working together yet.

I don't see the mayor as a safe scum target at all. Sure, if the crowd votes him for mayor, the likelihood the mayor is town increases, but the risk of the mayor being watched or protected also increases. However, if the scum killed Corny, I doubt they're simply going to repeat their night one gambit.

I don't necessarily see him as a safe target, but he was an obvious one and sadly, it seems to have worked. We can still hope he was watched in some way and that person can get the information out. And now that it seems obvious they wouldn't do it again, what are the odds they will?

darkdragon was suspected by JimB, Rick and Hinckley yesterday (and Hinck threw a few accusations around), so I disagree with your view that she would have had a hard time surviving today. To use that as a jumping board to assume that Hinck was the SK and killed her is quite a big leap. He may well be, but just because darkdragon thought she was going to be killed by the SK doesn't mean she was right and that she actually was.

Except why would the SK pick her at all? We have one person claiming she was the psychiatrist, meaning she at least gave them reason to believe that, and then she was killed by the SK. I don't see her focus on the SK yesterday as giving that away, but it certainly seems like she made Hinck believe it. It's a pretty big coincidence, to me.

Out of interest, how will Hinck surviving the night affect your opinions on his allegiance? Surely the most conclusive way to know what he is, is to kill him and then see?

I think he would at least be the target of some investigation if he was elected and not lynched, wouldn't he? Yes, killing him would be the more immediately way to clear up my suspicions, but obviously not if I'm the only one who has them, I have no desire to lead some kind of bandwagon, I just intend to put my thoughts out there and see if they make sense to others and should be acted upon.

I was under the impression that people voted for Cornelius not because they trusted him, but rather because they would be better able to discern if he had been converted at any point. For that exact reason I thought he was actually a poor choice, given that he's pretty good at playing scum.

At least there was a chance of telling some difference. To be blunt, I had no idea who Flare was/is and wouldn't know a change in them if it slapped me in the face. I would have equally voted for any of the mafia veterans, no matter how good they are at being scum, just to have some hope of seeing a change.

You're voting for the mayor with the intent to lynch them later. I can understand your reasoning, but mayoral votes are locked in, and votes for mayor are specifically in the first 24 hours of the day. So you are essentially locking in your lynch vote now, with so much of the day to go, and without the ability to change it. And if you do change your mind to vote someone else later, you have someone you don't trust sitting in the mayoral position.

I'll admit, you've given that a bit more thought than I had, I just thought it was a chance to avoid one situation, but you're right, it does open up other possibilities. I'll have to give this more thought, though I still think there must be some way to use this to our advantage. Maybe the whole focus on mayor is too much, it is only for tiebreakers and anyone who broke a tie in favour of the scum would probably be lynched the next day, even if it was an innocent mistake.

Except why would the SK pick her at all? We have one person claiming she was the psychiatrist, meaning she at least gave them reason to believe that, and then she was killed by the SK. I don't see her focus on the SK yesterday as giving that away, but it certainly seems like she made Hinck believe it. It's a pretty big coincidence, to me.

It's only a coincidence if the SK actually did kill her, and only you seem pretty sure that that's what happened.

Ok, it appears Hinck has found a member of team scum! Way to go!

Since no one has voted for mayor yet, I would like to tell you that I would like to run for mayor myself. I am willing to take the risk of being killed like our previous mayor. I doubt scum would be dumb enough to go for the mayor twice as the mayor is a likely target for a watcher or someone like that.

Well, I hope we can get a protector or watcher on Hinck tonight. Claiming you've caught a scum, then stating you're saving its reveal 'till tomorrow is just painting a huge target on yourself. Maybe that's what you're wanting? To lure out the scum? Hmm.

I agree with what Shadow's said here too.

Maybe the whole focus on mayor is too much, it is only for tiebreakers and anyone who broke a tie in favour of the scum would probably be lynched the next day, even if it was an innocent mistake.

Tied votes aren't exactly common now, it seems to me that this Mayoral role is being regarded as much bigger than it is. Instead of rambling on about the different combinations of scum and town in a tied vote and what implications they might have, I think it's quicker to say that I don't understand the fuss around the Mayor thing.

As for my vote against Dwanky yesterday, with a few hours left in the day and not enough confidence in the Flare vote, I went with my gut. Playing with Draggy the past few games with him as scum, his behaviour seemed all to familiar. Today has changed my opinion in that regard, he's been helpful enough.

Other people I suspect... as Pandora highlighted, Zepher's reminders that the scum can't contact each other and how we can use that against them, as if we don't know – and so boldly stated, almost seem as if he's trying to reach out to them. It's the most suspicious thing to me.

To pitch in with the kill modi operandi, my natural thought was that there are 3 separate killers. The chandelier kill distinctly lacked a kill figure, whereas the caped cut-throat was presented for all to see. They can't be the same. I wonder, would a serial killer end a kill with "Rest in peace"? Seems more vigilante-ey to me.

Since no one has voted for mayor yet, I would like to tell you that I would like to run for mayor myself. I am willing to take the risk of being killed like our previous mayor. I doubt scum would be dumb enough to go for the mayor twice as the mayor is a likely target for a watcher or someone like that.

Actually, Shadows voted Hinck for mayor. It's kind one of the big topics on this page. But if you're volunteering, then Mayor: badboytje88

By the by, you can vote for yourself there, badboy who is a girl for some reason. :wink:

Actually, Shadows voted Hinck for mayor. It's kind one of the big topics on this page. But if you're volunteering, then Mayor: badboytje88

By the by, you can vote for yourself there, badboy who is a girl for some reason. :wink:

Well I am still really busy catching up :tongue:

Ok, it appears Hinck has found a member of team scum! Way to go!

I find your blind trust of Hinckley suspicious. Also why volunteer for a role that 1 out of 1 times ends up in that person being killed.

Either your a naive townie to trust him when he won't reveal his supposed scum until tomorrow or your scum with him and you have a horrible poker face.

It's only a coincidence if the SK actually did kill her, and only you seem pretty sure that that's what happened.

1. You have no means of claiming it's a coincidence, any more than I can prove it isn't, but we know she was afraid of exactly that and seems to have only led one person to believe she was the psychiatrist, then she died.

2. Does anyone doubt that the chainsaw killer is the psycho? That seems pretty definite to me, which means anyone paying attention knows that's what happened.

There's no way to be sure they didn't try to convert him as well, that's true. Personally, I hope they did, that would mean they didn't convert someone else we don't suspect. My point, however, was that since they killed him, I think it's very unlikely that the two teams have found each other. If they had, I think they would have converted him and killed someone else instead of killing him. Let's face it, I know how scum think and that's what I would have done in that situation, which tells me they're either noobs or not working together yet.

I don't necessarily see him as a safe target, but he was an obvious one and sadly, it seems to have worked. We can still hope he was watched in some way and that person can get the information out. And now that it seems obvious they wouldn't do it again, what are the odds they will?

You seem to acknowledge there's a risk of him being watched, so I honestly doubt you'd try to convert Corny in you were on the team of recruiters. Others have questioned the value of the mayor role as a tie-breaker so early on in the game and you say you only elected him because changes in behaviour would be more apparent, not because he was 'trustworthy'. So what would be the benefit of converting the mayor at this stage in the game?

I don't see her focus on the SK yesterday as giving that away, but it certainly seems like she made Hinck believe it. It's a pretty big coincidence, to me.

Why would Hinck come forward with the PMs if he killed her? Or isn't that the 'big coincidence' you're talking about?

I think he would at least be the target of some investigation if he was elected and not lynched, wouldn't he? Yes, killing him would be the more immediately way to clear up my suspicions, but obviously not if I'm the only one who has them, I have no desire to lead some kind of bandwagon, I just intend to put my thoughts out there and see if they make sense to others and should be acted upon.

So, the mayor is the likely target of an investigation (and presumably some other night actions), but you'd still be happy to try to convert the mayor if you were on the recruiting team? :wacko: That almost implies you think an investigator would get the 'old' affiliation of a player. I wouldn't be willing to take that bet.

A now familiar face enters the room.

8370658908_38209a9ddb_z.jpg

"It is time for the entertainment!" the Banana Sphinx bellows. "I have learned that some of you feel cheated by yesterday's game. You wanted cards, well, I gave you cards!" He surveys the crowd, barely hiding his disappointment.

"Today, I offer you a new game. What I can promise is this: it is not a game of chance. It is a game of strategy. Nobody shall lose their votes, while some will gain votes. And to the winners, glory. To the losers, humiliation." He looks them up and down.

"I will accept up to 10 people who will face off one on one in a game of absolute delight. Let the people be entertained!"

Players wanting to play may announce so now. The game will begin in around one hour. If nobody agrees to play, woe be unto all.

A game that doesn't risk our votes? Count me in.

You seem to acknowledge there's a risk of him being watched, so I honestly doubt you'd try to convert Corny in you were on the team of recruiters. Others have questioned the value of the mayor role as a tie-breaker so early on in the game and you say you only elected him because changes in behaviour would be more apparent, not because he was 'trustworthy'. So what would be the benefit of converting the mayor at this stage in the game?

You might be surprised what I would try, and why it would be effective. Technically, the best reason to convert the mayor early is that for some unknown reason, people are saying that his survival wouldn't be a negative indicator, meaning he would be able to sit there for the whole game until he was needed, barring any mistakes.

Why would Hinck come forward with the PMs if he killed her? Or isn't that the 'big coincidence' you're talking about?

He didn't, actually, did he? All I've seen are claims that he said things and nothing from her at all. Much like his scum information. When something real is presented, we can discuss that matter further. Do you think she was killed by the psycho?

So, the mayor is the likely target of an investigation (and presumably some other night actions), but you'd still be happy to try to convert the mayor if you were on the recruiting team? :wacko: That almost implies you think an investigator would get the 'old' affiliation of a player. I wouldn't be willing to take that bet.

I would, we've seen it before. A conversion should be the last thing done. I counted on it in a recent game, as a matter of fact. :wink:

1. You have no means of claiming it's a coincidence, any more than I can prove it isn't, but we know she was afraid of exactly that and seems to have only led one person to believe she was the psychiatrist, then she died.

2. Does anyone doubt that the chainsaw killer is the psycho? That seems pretty definite to me, which means anyone paying attention knows that's what happened.

Your confused here Shadows. You claimed it was a coincidence, not me. I said it was only a coincidence if she had been killed by the SK.

Why are you so insistent that that's what happened, and that it's definite to 'anyone paying attention'. I still think the theories could go either way, and a few people seem to agree with me.

You are Shadows, and people who don't pay attention will blindly agree with you, because you purport to be so wise. "It's true because Shadows said so" is how you get away with so much. People don't dare challenge you because you can frankly become quite unpleasant when you are challenged.

You are the only one who is absolutely certain darkdragon was killed by the SK.

He said yesterday it was because changes in Corny's behaviour would be apparent. Today it was because everybody trusted Corny. He might find it difficult to argue his 'benefit of conversion' point from two differing start points in his logic.

Your

Gah, obviously meant to be 'you're' or 'you are'. :facepalm:

I will add this, it's probably unfair to try to analyze the scum based on what I would do, it's just how I play, it's what I always do to try to spot them. In all honestly, it rarely works out because they don't do what I would do, so wasting a lot of time on my theories may be pointless. Doesn't mean I won't keep doing it and sharing what I think, naturally.

Your confused here Shadows. You claimed it was a coincidence, not me. I said it was only a coincidence if she had been killed by the SK.

Sarcasm is clearly lost on the internet. Oh, and it's also a coincidence that the people who wanted to lynch her are the ones fighting this issue. So much coincidence.

Why are you so insistent that that's what happened, and that it's definite to 'anyone paying attention'. I still think the theories could go either way, and a few people seem to agree with me.

I would ask why you're so insistent that it isn't when it's so obvious. I'd love to see everyone weigh in on this subject, is the 'kekeke' chainsaw killer the psycho or not? If not, who is? The RIP killer? The trap-looking chandelier killer?

You are Shadows, and people who don't pay attention will blindly agree with you, because you purport to be so wise. "It's true because Shadows said so" is how you get away with so much. People don't dare challenge you because you can frankly become quite unpleasant when you are challenged.

Funny, that position is usually reserved for Jesus, it's how he got the reputation, he thoroughly earned it and it would be a shame for you to so casually give it to me when it isn't even vaguely the case. Seriously though, you've had no problem stating things as absolute facts when they aren't. As for people not daring to challenge me, look, you just did. I only get nasty when they're scum, I remember how annoyed you got with that the last time it happened. :laugh:

You are the only one who is absolutely certain darkdragon was killed by the SK.

If that's true, the town is lost.

Sarcasm is clearly lost on the internet. Oh, and it's also a coincidence that the people who wanted to lynch her are the ones fighting this issue. So much coincidence.

If I'd wanted to lynch darkdragon, I would have voted for her. At no point did I consider her to be a lynch candidate for yesterday or today. I'm not 'fighting this issue', I am teasing out the inconsistencies in the things you say.

I would ask why you're so insistent that it isn't when it's so obvious. I'd love to see everyone weigh in on this subject, is the 'kekeke' chainsaw killer the psycho or not? If not, who is? The RIP killer? The trap-looking chandelier killer?

I expect people to have theories, yes, but to be absolutely certain, no.

Seriously though, you've had no problem stating things as absolute facts when they aren't.

Such as when, exactly?

As for people not daring to challenge me, look, you just did. I only get nasty when they're scum, I remember how annoyed you got with that the last time it happened. :laugh:

I don't remember you becoming nasty towards me on any occasion I've been scum. I do, however, remember you being a massive twat when you were scum. A bit like now.

If that's true, the town is lost.

Again, I can believe people have suspicions about what might have happened, strong feelings even, but to be absolutely certain as you are? You're exaggerating the import of that point by saying the town is lost.

He didn't, actually, did he? All I've seen are claims that he said things and nothing from her at all. Much like his scum information. When something real is presented, we can discuss that matter further. Do you think she was killed by the psycho?

True, he only quoted his own PMs. But still, why come forward if no one had brought up the matter yet?

It looks like the chainsaw killer is the psycho killer, but that's mainly based on the chainsaw killer's night zero kill. You stating it as an almost absolute fact is odd though.

I would, we've seen it before. A conversion should be the last thing done. I counted on it in a recent game, as a matter of fact. :wink:

Makes sense to me too, but I don't know if I'd count on that happening. Moreover, I think the real risk to the scum is that someone would watch or protect (either from a kill or a conversion) the mayor.

An hour passes, with merely one person attempting to increase their voting power. The Banana Sphinx is deflated.

8386917064_46a457deb1_z.jpg

For all his brusque behaviour, the Banana Sphinx is but human. The captive crowd asked for games, and he delivered. And when he came back to deliver more, he was rejected. That rejection is more than his facade can handle. Wounded, he leaves the room, never to return again.

Bid farewell to the Banana Sphinx.