Hello. I decided to build the crawler for trial. So far only the chassis is ready, but the model will be updated. At the moment there are only a few photos.

The drive two XL-motors, one for the axle.

Servo motor for steering.

0_c4f58_57c6f634_L.jpg

0_c4f59_eb622d7_L.jpg

0_c4f5a_baa0b78c_L.jpg

I would like to hear the opinion of experienced builder of trial trucks.

That's all. Thank you for your attention.

I created a setup very similar to yours with the suspension horizontal on top of the frame. I was happy with it. I hope to have my pictures posted soon.

Looks good, will you finish with a body or shell?

Very interesting suspension idea. Performance looks better than 9398!

Looks great, although it has a very small steering angle :sceptic: . Maybe you could make it with four wheel steering if you have another Servo Motor?? Also, Remember to attach the Battery Box nice and low to improve the Center of Gravity....

Otherwise brilliant. I like the simplicity of you design!

I created a setup very similar to yours with the suspension horizontal on top of the frame. I was happy with it. I hope to have my pictures posted soon.

Looks good, will you finish with a body or shell?

Thanks. I don't know how I will finish my model.

Is this the 9398 or is it a own creation?

Regards Mike

It's a my creation, but I used some ideas from 9398.

Very interesting suspension idea. Performance looks better than 9398!

Thanks. I'm glad that you like it.

Looks great, although it has a very small steering angle :sceptic: . Maybe you could make it with four wheel steering if you have another Servo Motor?? Also, Remember to attach the Battery Box nice and low to improve the Center of Gravity....

Otherwise brilliant. I like the simplicity of you design!

Thanks. I haven't second servo-motor.

wow :thumbup: the suspention work very good

Thanks.

Hey Sicil, I'm not trying to hijack your post but what do you think all of these shocks are for on Barman's Monster truck???

I am not familiar with the Red Shocks but it looks like they are supported by the grey shocks.

4605724519_22d0ef34bd_z.jpg

I do not know what to say. I've never seen red shocks. I need to see a live model to properly assess what needs shocks.

Move and crawl pretty well. Like the idea of shifting the shocks away from the conventional placement.

Good work! Peronally i would add a bit of tilit to the axle to raise the motors a bit, to prevent them from getting scratched. You can do that easily with the mog's ball joints. Also if possible use the smaller Lipo battery box. even though the voltage may be slightly lower the weight reduction will be better for stability and crawling.

My 8x8 crawler use the 9398 suspension and it doesn't flex enough, your floating axle suspension seems to flex more with less resistance and look stable... I will try that in my next 8x8 crawler... :excited:

Good work! Peronally i would add a bit of tilit to the axle to raise the motors a bit, to prevent them from getting scratched. You can do that easily with the mog's ball joints. Also if possible use the smaller Lipo battery box. even though the voltage may be slightly lower the weight reduction will be better for stability and crawling.

Does a 4 links floating suspention with mog's ball joints flex less than a floating suspention without them or is it the same ???

Edited by midengineaddict

This setup will flex more and easier. The problem with the unimog and rock crawler is when the suspension compresses it has to make up for the angle. On this setup the springs only compress one direction yet the axle may float and twist as needed. The downfall would be the amount of weight the towball pin can handle.